Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Lisa Lister > Reviews

Content by Lisa Lister

Lisa Lister

It's Not You, It's Me: Break Up With Your Job, Make a Difference and Live a Life You Love

5.0 out of 5 stars I love EVERYTHING about this book, 26 Aug. 2014
I love EVERYTHING about this book.
Succinct, and full of practical wisdom and insight, if you’re living a life that’s not setting you on fire, then you NEED this book.
WARNING: If you read it, do the work + reap the rewards your life will change for the better.
Fact.

Toxic World, Toxic People: The Essential Guide to Health, Happiness, Parenting and Conscious Living
by Anna Victoria Rodgers

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a game-changer., 15 Jun. 2014
When I first started reading this book, I thought, 'who needs a book that has you feeling fearful of absolutely everything?' and my instant reaction was to put it aside and read something a little more 'light', but that's what we've been programmed to do, to ignore or write off anything that questions what we know and accept to be true, because that's how things are.
Anna does this so beautifully. She's a passionate authority who questions decision makers and invites her readers to do their own research and to become aware that not everything is as it seems. I am SO happy I didn't stop reading, and that I read this hefty tome from cover to cover. Yes it's uncomfortable reading at times, not the writing itself - that's great - but the content WILL challenge you, but reading it should be required reading for anyone that cares about themselves, their family and the environment they live in.

Love or Diet:Nurture yourself and release the need to be comforted by food
Love or Diet:Nurture yourself and release the need to be comforted by food
by Ani Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars I choose love., 30 Sept. 2013
This book really is the antidote to every diet book, every diet programme or diet system that's out there. Instead of berating and beating ourselves up for not being a certain size of shape, Ani's book encourages us to nurture the body that we're in, to show it love and follow our soul call. I found it really hard to hear some of the messages in this book at first, because they were truths, really hard truths that challenged everything I'd been led to believe about being me in the world, but I'm glad for that. I now feel much more able to connect with my own deep wisdom instead of reaching for food to comfort me - Love or diet? I choose love.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2014 4:54 PM GMT

The Shaman in Stilettos
The Shaman in Stilettos
by Anna Hunt

5.0 out of 5 stars I heart the stiletto wearing Shaman, 13 Jun. 2012
I hold the author, Anna Hunt, entirely responsible for making a recent romantic getaway totally devoid o' romance, due to me not being able to put this book down.
I LOVE it. Anna has a great true Brit writing style and The Shaman in Stilettos is a funny, honest and intelligent insight into Anna's journey of self-discovery on a life changing adventure in Peru.
If you're a spiritually curious lipstick lover who thinks that there really must be more to life, read this book. Anna's 'more to life' came in the form of Shamanism, San Pedro Water and all manner of saucy shenanigans. It made me want to book a trip to Peru and find me a shaman, pronto.

I Heart New York (I Heart Series, Book 1)
I Heart New York (I Heart Series, Book 1)
by Lindsey Kelk

5.0 out of 5 stars I heart this book!, 30 Jun. 2009
I Heart New York is the perfect read for any girl who a) has been wronged by boykind, b)dreams of running away to NYC c) loves hot boys - this book has it all, makeovers, Bloomies, art-boys, rude bits - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Sheer Bliss: Confessions of a (Reluctant) Celebrity Spawn
Sheer Bliss: Confessions of a (Reluctant) Celebrity Spawn
by Frances O'Brien

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is Sheer Bliss, 15 Jan. 2007
I love celeb gossip and often think that my life should be a life of glitz and glam, but not now I've read Sheer Bliss.

Bliss Drew, the leading lady of this book, is a real girl in a very unreal life, and proves that all families are a little bit crazy - even famous ones. This funny, teen lit book should be a must-read for any girl, who, like me, has wanted to trade in her family for a showbiz one!

The Cupid Effect
The Cupid Effect
by Dorothy Koomson

5.0 out of 5 stars She's all that!, 15 May 2003
This review is from: The Cupid Effect (Paperback)
Having read about Dorothy and her novel on a chicklit site, I had a feeling that this book would be for me...A sucker for all things romantic, I devoured it instantly. Dorothy has a refreshing approach to writing - she writes as I speak! As I read 'The Cupid Effect' it was as if I was telling the story, and having read it to my boyfriend I really was! The book is amazing, telling the story of Ceri, a chick who has a 'luuurve' effect on everyone she comes into contact with. Now if you're anything like me, you'll be able to relate to the fact that she has one of those faces that everyone wants to tell their life story to at bus stops, but Ceri's more than that, unlike me who just smiles sweetly and tries to escape, she gets involved - the effect of which has some funny, alarming and v.interesting results! Reading 'The Cupid effect' is like chatting to your best mate - I loved it!