Profile for M. Cole > Reviews

Content by M. Cole

M. Cole "Malcolm Cole" (Oxfordshire, England)

The Ashleys: Lipgloss Jungle
The Ashleys: Lipgloss Jungle

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 20 May 2013
enjoyable and even though the girls are mean you cant help envying them. ending was an annoying cliff hanger of course. need another one!!!

Word 2010 Bible
Word 2010 Bible
by Herb Tyson

4.0 out of 5 stars Word 2010 (plus a comment on Kindle support), 31 May 2012
This review is from: Word 2010 Bible (Paperback)
I am assuming that WORD is the most used program in the Microsoft Office package. It certainly is for me. Even so, I frequently come across elements in other users' documents, for which I do not know the answer.
For instance, I was aware that a "Drawing Canvas" overcame some drawing problems, but I needed more information. Surprise, surprise! I only found a very short piece when I searched the book for "Drawing Canvas". Then I read that "Drawing Canvas" is out of date and no longer needed. Well, that has almost paid for this book, in the time it has and will save me. A Kindle electronic version would have saved me even more time with it's search ability.

Unfortunately the Kindle version of Word 2010 Bible costs almost as much as the book itself. Yet try the Kindle sample and you will find the diagrams are mostly useless. Until I can see diagrams on the Kindle I reckon £10 is more than enough for the electronic text, to back up the paper version of a very good book. For now my Kindle lanquishes on a shelf.

PowerPoint 2010 Bible
PowerPoint 2010 Bible
by Faithe Wempen

3.0 out of 5 stars Power Point (and maybe Kindle when acceptable), 31 May 2012
This review is from: PowerPoint 2010 Bible (Paperback)
I needed a product to start using Powerpoint, and to give detailed answers, when I got stuck.
Both needs are met at my elementary stage of use. I leave it to more experienced users to comment on its advanced depth of coverage.

Like most technical manuals, the Kindle electronic version would be useful, if offered with this manual for for somewhat less than £10. Try the Kindle sample and you will find the diagrams are mostly useless. Hence my Kindle has reduced value, as I am not prepared to pay inflated prices for the otherwise very useful electronic text.