Profile for Linda > Reviews

Small Is Beautiful: Economics as If People Mattered
Small Is Beautiful: Economics as If People Mattered
by E.F. Schumacher

4.0 out of 5 stars Second hand, great condition, 29 May 2014
This is a book that has haunted my for decades but could never get my hands on a copy. this coy was so cheap, and delivery charge so reasonable and the book was in great condition.

style3 Test Pattern T-Shirt Mens The Big Bang Theory Sheldon tbbt, T-Shirt Hauptfarbe:Heather Grey;TShirt Größe alt:XL
Offered by style3

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 29 May 2014
This was a gift for a 'Sheldon' tee shirt fan and he loved it. Ordered by chest and waist measurements and it was great fit, even in length.

1,000 Places to See Before You Die 2014 Page-A-Day Calendar: 365 Days of Travel
1,000 Places to See Before You Die 2014 Page-A-Day Calendar: 365 Days of Travel
by Workman
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the description more closely-don't trust 'search', 29 May 2014
That would be my advice. I was looking for a WALL calendar, which this was posted as being. If I had read the decription more closely I would have realize it is really a desk calendar "page-a-day". The only way to see this as Wall is the fact that the base can be hung on a wall. Also, the dimensions were a give-away. Not to distract from the fact that it is an interesting calender-- but really Amazon, it should have been posted as a desk calendar. It came up when I searched for wall calender. I just didn't read closely enough.

First Family (King and Maxwell)
First Family (King and Maxwell)
by David Baldacci

4.0 out of 5 stars Baldacci--new favorite, 29 May 2014
Mystery writers are read first by people like the genre and then, under that, everyone has a favorite. Mr. Baldacci has become my new favorite, esp. the King and Maxwell series. This book offers two mysteries in the telling, gives more insight into the main characters. It is at times repetitive but that's easily overlooked with the way the stories develop. In other words, it's not his best but still a great read.

VonShef - Stainless Steel 3 in 1 Sandwich Press / Grill / Waffle Iron
VonShef - Stainless Steel 3 in 1 Sandwich Press / Grill / Waffle Iron

1.0 out of 5 stars missing information, 5 Dec. 2013
Since I don't see the usual "what are we missing?" (or is that Amazon.com only?) I am reviewing your presentatons of applicances. I have not bought the product. As you are still a part of Europe, and even the wider Eastern hemisphere, why do you not include data concerning watts the appliance uses. I never see 110 or 220 listed. What about plugs? What type?

In short, can ANY electrical applicance you sell on this website(which is available to others)--can any of them be used outside GB? If not, there should be a disclaimer when we first click on that particular department to the effect that this merchandise does not work outside UK or is not available for shipping outside UK. It would make shopping a whole lot quicker and hassle free. My latest was waffle makers but this isn't the first time. And questions are only answered by other customers, not by Amazon or the manufacturer. What's with that?

Dunlop Women's Michigan Powder Blue Ballet DLC282 5 UK
Dunlop Women's Michigan Powder Blue Ballet DLC282 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted, 26 Aug. 2013
I wanted a lightweight closed shoe that I could wear a house slipper as I have an orthopedic problem and cannot wear slip ons. BUT I would recommend these for anyone who wants a lightweight casual canvas shoe for the summer. The sole is not smooth so better traction, the color is so pretty, the tuck in in front gives (for me) extra comfort as well a the elastics on the size (not noticeable) I'm looking to add more colors. Shipping overall was quite satisfactory, both in time and packaging.