Profile for LolaM > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Calculator Plus Free
Calculator Plus Free

5.0 out of 5 stars faultless, 24 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Calculator Plus Free (App)
Works great for me. Lovely big screen. And free. What more do you need!

BBC iPlayer Radio
BBC iPlayer Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 1 Sept. 2015
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
The upgraded version which turned up on my kindle fire a week or so ago seems absolutely fantastic. The choice of programmes is superb and I love the design.
I got an email from Amazon today saying it no longer works on the fire so I'm praying that only refers to the tv app and not the radio app.

Murder Offstage: A Posie Parker Mystery (The Posie Parker Mystery Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 6 Feb. 2015
A nicely paced light story with a likeable female detective. Plenty of twists and turns and a satisfying ending too.

Learn Japanese - Free WordPower
Learn Japanese - Free WordPower

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 13 Jan. 2015
Some odd words, I agree but on the whole it's a very useful tool for free and it really helps me remember the words. One a day is just about right! I look forward to the new word each day.

The Wild Places
The Wild Places

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilderness hymn, 11 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Wild Places (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely marvellous. You'll never see the landscape in the same way again. It's like putting on a pair of glasses and seeing Britain in a whole new way.

Place of the Heart
Place of the Heart

4.0 out of 5 stars Icelandic roadtrip, 6 Jan. 2015
A road trip through the endlessly spectacular geography and at the same trip a journey through the contradictory and fascinating mind of a mother trying to save her wayward daughter. Or is she really trying to save herself? The story quietly seeps into the reader and grips you. I'm amazed that this writer is so little translated into English.

Life Cycles - A London bike courier decided to cycle around the world. 169 days later, he came back with a world record.

1.0 out of 5 stars Like marmite, 23 Dec. 2014
I've tried very hard with this book. Seems to be like marmite - you love it or hate it and I'm giving up in the China section. As another reviewer said, too much stream of consciousness. Virtually nothing about where he sleeps, eats, buys food etc. I want to be on the journey with him and I'm not.

Gift Tag Cookbook: Cookie Jar - Love Food (Gift Tag Cookbooks)
Gift Tag Cookbook: Cookie Jar - Love Food (Gift Tag Cookbooks)
by Parragon Books
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe just me as everyone else says they had great results but I 've found them quite mixed, 5 Oct. 2014
Maybe just me as everyone else says they had great results but I 've found them quite mixed. Main problem is they spread too much so I make them much smaller, tsp instead of tbspn. Could be my oven, I guess.

The Man on the Balcony (The Martin Beck series, Book 3)
The Man on the Balcony (The Martin Beck series, Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Intro spoiler, 27 Sept. 2014
Just want to warn people not to read the introduction until after reading the book. It gives far too much away. Bit of a disgraceful move by the publisher.

35 años, 35 historias (Spanish Edition)
35 años, 35 historias (Spanish Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Buenissimo, 23 Sept. 2014
Only half way through but couldn't wait to say how good this is. Cos it's so cheap, I've skipped those articles that don't interest me so I can focus on the ones with a Spanish theme.

With the kindle online dictionary - Spanish to Spanish but still fine- this is a great read. Highly recommended for any foreigner who wants to practise their Spanish. Que le gusta mucho.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3