Profile for SallyG > Reviews

Content by SallyG

SallyG (Lincolnshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Under Armour Women's Sports Bra grey anthracite Size:L (Manufacturer's Size: LG)
Offered by GolfBase

4.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable sports bra., 3 July 2016
I absolutely love this sports bra. It fits properly and is really comfortable. So far, I've worn it to the gym (treadmill running, elliptical trainer, weights) and also for quite a long hot hike. I don't think it's supportive enough for running -especially if your girls are a bit big (mine aren't), but, in fairness, it is advertised only as medium support. However, it is such lovely soft material and doesn't shift about - I can wear a heart rate belt with the bra and the bra elastic doesn't ride back up over the belt. It was actually quite hot today (honestly) and I got really quite sweaty but this bra definitely seems to wick moisture away and stays very comfortable.
I bought this one as it's a very reasonable price (£12.00) I'm fed up with spending a fortune on sports bras; I recently bought another reasonably priced bra by another well known manufacturer and it was rubbish - very uncomfortable. So I chose Under Armour as I already have their sports boxers shorts which are excellent.
One tip, the labels in the bra are designed to be cut out but make sure that with the one on the back of the bra you cut away as much as possible otherwise, as with so many labels these days, it can be a bit irritating.
Size wise, I'm a 14 with a 36B bust and I bought the large and it's perfect.

Berlei Fit Crop Top Sports Women's Bra Black/Purple 36B
Berlei Fit Crop Top Sports Women's Bra Black/Purple 36B

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the completely pointless hook & eye hidden in the back!, 25 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Berlei Fit Sports Bra (Apparel)
Oh my goodness, you need to be double jointed to not only get this on but do it up. There's a bra type hook/eye gubbins hidden in the back and I really struggle to get it done up. I actually can't see the point of the hook/eye because it's not like with a bra where if you undo it it falls off. This just slightly releases some of the tightness (and only slightly) - and it's still really hard to wriggle out of especially when sweaty. Each time I have worn it I have not been able to get it cleanly over my head and down my back - every single time it rolls up so I have a bundle of bra somewhere near the back of my neck and I have a real fight to reach it to pull it down. And then have to reach up my back to get the hook&eyes done up.
I am used to sports bras - I have a drawer full of the type that you just pull over your head and that is what I thought this one was. I should have read the full detail as I might have spotted the fact that it has a 'hidden' hook/eye thing.
I should also mention that I find it next to impossible to wear a heart rate belt under this sports bra - I pull the elastic down over it but it just doesn't stay in place, it ends up curling back up over the heart rate belt and bunching above it. V uncomfortable.

Zoggs Women's Aurora Speed Back Swimming Costume - Navy/Multi-Colour, 38-Inch/14-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bright swimsuit, 12 Jun. 2016
Such a nice comfortable suit to swim in - nothing digging in and nothing riding up. It's all you can ask. I love Zoggs suits as they have such a good range of styles and bright patterns.

Salomon Ellipse 2 Aero, Women's Low Rise Hiking Shoes, Purple (Rain Purple/Asphalt/Lotus Pink), 5 UK ( 38 EU)
Offered by Jekoshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good all round walking shoes, 10 Jun. 2016
I really like these shoes - they were comfortable straight out of the box. As with my Salomon walking boots, I ordered a size 5 although I am normally a size 4 in fashion shoes (to be fair, I generally have a size 5 in any walking or running footwear). They are well cushioned and you don't feel every last stone through the sole as you would with some other walking shoes. I've worn these a lot already with two 12 mile walks on the first weekend. Like I said, you can wear them straight out of the box.
They are not waterproof although I think you can get a Goretex version if you want waterproofing. One thing I like about Salomon is that they give you a decent length of lace. that probably sounds a bit odd but, believe me, I have some running and trail shoes where I barely have enough lace to get them done up!
What I like most about these shoes is that they are not overly 'outdoorsy' so I'm as comfortable doing city centre shopping as I am walking the hills.

Wham High Grade Plastic Mocha Flip Top Waste Rubbish Kitchen Bin Dustbin (Large - 25 Litre)
Offered by dreamlandvalue

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Bin, 11 May 2016
It's a bin and it's a good bin. It's the ideal size for our small kitchen, he lid doesn't fall off when you use it and, despite it's size, you can get a lot in it. It's also easy to clean. Like I said - it's a good bin.

Smartwool Women's Hike Light Crew Socks - Light Gray, Small (2 - 4.5)
Smartwool Women's Hike Light Crew Socks - Light Gray, Small (2 - 4.5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good socks., 17 April 2016
These socks are brilliant. I know, it's probably a bit sad to be so excited over socks. They are very soft and thick to the touch but don't feel thick when wearing them in walking boots. I got these yesterday and tried them today, doing an 8 mile walk in reasonably warm (for this time of year) condiitions. I generally get very hot feet but these kept my feet very comfortable in every way. They are well cushioned and I didn't get that ache you get in the soles of your feet when the going has been a bit hard.
I am a size 4 and bought the small size and they are a perfect fit. I wish everything could be as good as these.

Brooklyn
Brooklyn
by Colm Tóibín

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much of a tale., 15 April 2016
This review is from: Brooklyn (Paperback)
I bought this having read a couple of decent reviews. It's ok but that's all. It's a simple tale of not a great deal: Girl goes to America has an ordinary life and goes home again. That's it. I kept expecting something to happen but it didn't. Which, I suppose, makes it a reasonable reflection of most people's lives.
It's ok, it's nicely written and a pleasant enough read and would pass an hour waiting for a train that's late.

1000 Mile Original Sports Socks - Black, Small/Size UK 3 - 5.5
1000 Mile Original Sports Socks - Black, Small/Size UK 3 - 5.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Trusty 1000 mile socks, 15 April 2016
I think these are probably the basic end of the 1000 mile range, but they are perfect for what I want. They are true to size and come above the ankle so I can wear them in my walking boots, but they don't come right up your leg (so you don't look like a 1940's boy scout).

RSPB Mesh Ground Feeder
RSPB Mesh Ground Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute feeder, 15 April 2016
This is quite a small feeder but it's perfect for what I want which is to feed our hedgehogs (although I think the birds will enjoy it as well). The mesh allows any rain to drain through but only the very smallest seeds will drop through.

Highlander Women's Coolmax Trek Sock - Light Blue/Grey, Small
Highlander Women's Coolmax Trek Sock - Light Blue/Grey, Small
Offered by 1st Harrison Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Generous sizing, 15 April 2016
These are lovely soft socks but are somewhat thicker than I expected them to be. However, as they are Coolmax I am expecting them to do their job in hot weather.
Size wise they are a little odd. They are shown as being for sizes 2 1/2 to 5 - well, I'm a size 4 1/2 and the foot area is really quite large on me. Those with smaller feet will find these quite large, I think. Also, ok I have chunky legs, but these do seem quite tight across the top of the sock.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6