Profile for Louise Preston > Reviews

Content by Louise Preston

Louise Preston (Cleveland, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Positively Happy: Cosmic Ways To Change Your Life
Positively Happy: Cosmic Ways To Change Your Life
by Noel Edmonds

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine case scenario, 21 Feb. 2012
Perhaps Noel Edmonds is one of only a handful of authors to have really experienced cosmic ordering at its most powerful, which is why it's worth taking notice of what he writes.

Cosmic Ordering Wish Book 2008
Cosmic Ordering Wish Book 2008
by Barbel Mohr

4.0 out of 5 stars Has some nuggets of wisdom, 21 Feb. 2012
Although I found some of Mohr's books to be flawed in the sense that she could apply the ideas to her own life, she never successfully translated that into her books. After looking around for some sort of book to log my cosmic orders in I came up with the The Cosmic Ordering Wish Book 2010 but it was just far to expnsive, even second-hand! So I got this one instead. What separates this from Mohr's other inspirational books is its plain and simple practical wisdom, as well as it being really cheap! I like this book because it gets you to do some work with a pen and not a keyboard or a mouse! What's wrong with the good old pen anyway? No, don't answer that! I think that any thoughtful reader will come away from it knowing himself/herself a whole lot better.

Cosmic Ordering for Beginners
Cosmic Ordering for Beginners
by Barbel Mohr

2.0 out of 5 stars Flawed in its tone, 21 Feb. 2012
To her credit, Mohr did a find a man and lived in a castle, but then she died. What I didn't like about this book was her casual deployment of cosmic ordering in an incoherent way. Mohr succeeds in applying the ideas, but not the theory.

The Successful Marketing Plan: How to Create Dynamic, Results Oriented Marketing, 4th Edition
by Roman G. Hiebing

2.0 out of 5 stars It's about goals, but not as we know it, 21 Feb. 2012
What could have been chapterised and texterised in less than half this size of book just, at times, drawls on and on. Basically it's about goal setting, planning ahead and spending night after night creating a plan. I could have been more sympathetic and given it three stars but why should I? I had to read it after all! Maybe it's just me, please tell me that's not so!

7 Day Focusing Plan
7 Day Focusing Plan

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat way to push you on, 21 Feb. 2012
I have to admit that after completing this I admire myself. I expected an easy read and the usual methodology that I have come to expect from this author. Was I so wrong! This gets you digging deep, and if change has not come about after following what's in it then the only thing left to do is panic. This really did change the way I live. Even getting out of bed now is a joy, as I was a getting out of bed phobic. Now if only I can get those around me to buy a copy, that would be a real life changing experience.

I Love You as Big as the World
I Love You as Big as the World
by David Van Buren

5.0 out of 5 stars Aw, so cute, 21 Feb. 2012
Loved it and still do. I keep it under my pillow, it's my guilty pleasure to appease my inner child. Don't tell anyone though.

Other People's Love Letters: 150 Letters You Were Never Meant to See
Other People's Love Letters: 150 Letters You Were Never Meant to See
by Bill Shapiro

4.0 out of 5 stars Snapshot of private lives, 25 Jun. 2011
I was looking for a little more, although I suppose I should have guessed that these letters and notes have to be fit for public consumption. Reading them all made me feel that we are not as passionate as the media make us out to be. Maybe I was just brought up on a diet of free love, where passion was unbridled. Still, four stars is more than enough, and I guess it is what is played out in the mind and the behind the scenes thoughts that makes this so interesting.

Women Who Love Too Much
Women Who Love Too Much
by Robin Norwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to love, 23 April 2011
I skipped the alcoholic and druggies stories in the book, as I was not from that sort of childhood where my parents, or father in particular, were any of those. I found my situation though and from that was able to come to terms with hopw I had clung on to men that put me as second best. I had been brought up in a household where expectations of the lone daughter amongst five other siblings was low. This has been of some help in making me realise that I was just allowing others to trample all over me, but now, because of this book, I am more able to control that and have started on putting myself first.I would think that those from homes where social problems existed on a large scale would benefit more from this than I did.

Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
by Joe Vitale

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, believe, believe, 7 April 2011
With this book you can grow bigger than a mountain, but only if you believe. Joe stands head and shoulders above a lot of mediocre self-styled writers in this category. He's brash and loud but he cannot be denied his rightful place amongst the top 10. The book is full of Joe, so if you cannot stand having your ego overshadowed by this monumental self help figure then stop in your tracks. If you are open minded and ready to learn then do go on and buy this.

The Ultimate Focus Builder: Become Smarter and Successful
The Ultimate Focus Builder: Become Smarter and Successful
by Stephen Richards
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Connects you up, 24 Oct. 2010
One thing I found when trying to make inroads into prosperity development was the focussing part. Here we have at last something that can overcome those limiting beliefs that get in our way. Great for goal setting and connecting to the thoughts we really want to make happen.

Page: 1 | 2