Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Mikejh7 > Reviews

Content by Mikejh7

Mikejh7 (Essex UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Silentnight Coolsleep Mattress Protector with Spacetech fabric - King
Silentnight Coolsleep Mattress Protector with Spacetech fabric - King

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 1 Jan. 2013
It does everything it said on the label and more I suffer from night sweats and this under my sheets has done remarkably well in helping me to stay cooler.

NIKKAI 3-IN-1 PORTABLE JUMPSTARTER CAR/TRUCK + LIGHT
NIKKAI 3-IN-1 PORTABLE JUMPSTARTER CAR/TRUCK + LIGHT

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 1 Jan. 2013
As good as any of the more expensive ones and just as dependable and I have had to use it 3 times and without recharging it. clamp leads are short but it will stand on on engine and and stay there if you have placed it well. Good product at a very affordable price.

Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
Offered by S6 entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Just not right !!, 23 Oct. 2012
I have every Fable game and have had great fun with them which is what console gaming is all about really,it's for enjoyment and to challenge you.
This review is not about the game which is Fable,but it is about Kinect.
I am disabled and cannot go around jumping,leaping and throwing my arms about....Albeit I wish I could but due to being an ex-army veteran I cannot and my X-box and games are a big part of my life so I am always playing them. I have nothing against Kinect I think it is an amazing piece of equipment and I have it installed,now with Mass Effect 3 it worked for me and didn't spoil the saga for me.

Fable the journey is also from a saga as we well know,and yes I bought it hoping that I would be able to play it,but I can't and that's my argument.
Why did it have to be all Kinect ?
Why didn't anyone think of the many disabled who play on games consoles and have played the whole series from the beginning.

Why could they not mix the two ways of playing together..as in ME3
The reason I can only assume is that Microsoft and Lionhead do not care about gamers who cannot play their games the way they want and the whole gaming experience is for young,healthy people because that is where the money is and that's all any of the developers and publishers care about !!

So now I will put my Journey up for sale and will never be able to finish the series,because we are not in the majority but the minority as far as making money for the developers and publishers !

So all you developers and publishers, especially Microsoft...Give us disabled and older generation gamers some small consideration and remember we are here !!!!

If this had been a one off then I just wouldn't have bought it because it is a Kinect game,but when you have played all the Fable games it is totally unfair to switch the way a game plays to something that MANY of us will never be able to play.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 25, 2012 10:27 PM BST

Risen 2: Dark Waters (Xbox 360)
Risen 2: Dark Waters (Xbox 360)
Offered by Gameseek

3.0 out of 5 stars almost but not quite, 13 Aug. 2012
After the mediocre Risen,Risen 2 has not achieved much better than the first,the graphics are not great and the story line although sounds good tends to drag out very slowly.The story,even though it is a continuation of the original is not bad,but leaves a lot to be desired. Some of the side quests which you cannot avoid are very boring and sometimes makes the plot go slower and they are quite silly side quests too !
However it is NOT a bad game and you can at least have some fun with it,after all let us not forget that this game from Deep Silver etc: is only a small developer out in Europe,so it has it's good and bad side. This is not worth paying £35 to £40 for but a better price is around £25 with add-ons.

So if you have nothing better or newer to play and you are a RPG player then it is worth a try. With a bit more thought gone into it,this game could have been much better and more exciting than it appears to be. As I am only half-way through it I may well add more at a later date.

5.0 out of 5 stars picture perfect, 4 Aug. 2012
I must say straight off the bat that I was dubious about buying Finlux equipment considering that they are not really around anymore and that over the last few years they have not had good reviews,but at this price I had to take a gamble and in short it paid off big time ! The 3D is excellent,have been watching Olympics in 3D and it gives you a whole new concept. The picture is perfect and it is so very easy to set up,had it up and running in 15 minutes. There are many set-up features that you can use to get it the way you want and all with good explanations to help you. Sound is very clear and has a good bass to it. Plus 4 x HDMI sockets and DVI plus freeview HD and all ready for you to connect PVR. All in ALL a great price for a very good product,so Finlux you are back in favour and so is the parent company. One thing,the 3D glasses are good but not great,but that really is a minor issue as they work fine.Be sure to use Amazons basic HDMI cables when connecting I found them to be the better cable.I may add to this at a later date as I am still experimenting with it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2013 8:22 AM BST

CNL MICRO USB DATA CABLE FOR LG MOBILE PHONES INCLUDING - C310 - C320 - T310i - A155 - S310 - P520 - C320
Offered by Tigerbox

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 4 Aug. 2012
needed this cable for my LG phone as I often take shots with the camera when I'm out and about, and then need to download to my laptop. Works a charm,swift delivery and good quality cable.

AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries [Pack of 20]
AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries [Pack of 20]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product from my favourite shop, 4 Aug. 2012
Normally I don't buy alkaline batteries,but my two digital cameras don't like rechargeables,so after reading about these and seeing the reviews I gave them a go,and they did not disappoint. Swift delivery and long lasting.tried them in my cameras and got some excellent wildlife shots,good going all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 2 May 2012
I bought this and two others for my partners birthday as she just loves Cacharel and I really like her wearing it. As we are always told how they smell is due mainly to your own bodyily smells and the reaction to the perfume. Well she smells great all the time and with this on even better!!

Natures Menu Dog Treats Real Meat Beef 60g
Natures Menu Dog Treats Real Meat Beef 60g
Offered by Pets Galore Coulsdon Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars dog bliss, 2 May 2012
My dog Cookie absolutely loves and devours these when I get them for a treat and because it is all natural ingredients it doesn't upset her and she enjoys all three flavours. They are not expensive really considering what you get and if they are good for her then I'm happy. Very nice product for a dogs treats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 May 2012
I just can't do without these rollers,they are so quick and easy to use and they pick up everything from dog hairs to fluff and even bits of dirt that she cleans from her paws and the hair it removes is lots. So convenient and simple to use. I use it on my curtains,my quilt covers (which are mostly dark colours) and even when I am ironing I have one close by. Excellent product that doesn't cost the earth.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12