Profile for J. McGuinness > Reviews

Content by J. McGuinness

J. McGuinness (Cagliari, Italy)

Beyond the Goal: Theory of Constraints (Your Coach in a Box)
Beyond the Goal: Theory of Constraints (Your Coach in a Box)
by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Basics for Business!, 13 July 2010
Mr Goldratt has a wonderful style that brings us really back to basics in business. He helps us understand in a way where we follow a plot rather than listen to how we should do something or not. What are the fundamentals that we continuously need to watch in building a business and what can we measure relative to them to see how we are performing. Read it and make it relative to your work!

The Goal
The Goal
by Eliyahu M. Goldratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Hone in on the problems that are slowing you down! And then REMOVE THE DRAG!, 29 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Goal (Paperback)
I have often been confused about whether to focus on my strengths or on my weakenesses. Constraints and their management could be the way identify the inertia factors, the drag, if you will on the speed of my and your progress. I often preferred the optimistic view point, focus on strengths, increase them and move forward and over the years, not so significant change. This insight from Eli is making me think that focus on my constraints may be just the thing I need to lift-off. Thank you Eli!