Profile for Michael Watts > Reviews

Michael Watts (Cyprus)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Skechers Status Melec, Men's Mocassins, Brown, 10 UK
Skechers Status Melec, Men's Mocassins, Brown, 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there anything else to be said about Skechers Status Melec, Men's Mocassins., 30 April 2017
On opening the box I was impressed with the packaging.
There was a solid cardboard moulding in each shoe to help keep their shape.
My first pair of Skechers I purchased 6 years ago.
They are still going strong but unfortunately the soles, made of composite rubber, are wearing thin but the shoe itself still looks good.
The canvas uppers on my old pair are of the same material as the new shoes.
I have a broad foot and these new shoes fit perfectly, they are very comfortable from the moment I put them on.
The shoes are well made and well worth the money, and will give years of wear, if my first pair is anything to go by.

Sigma 24 - 105 mm f/4.0 DG HSM Optical Stabilised Wide Telephoto Lens for Canon
Sigma 24 - 105 mm f/4.0 DG HSM Optical Stabilised Wide Telephoto Lens for Canon

5.0 out of 5 stars Can any more be said about Sigma 24-105mm f/4.0 DG OS HSM / DG HSM | A, 29 Dec. 2016
I am a Canon camera user, and except for my Canon EF 75-300mm f4/5.6 MK III Non USM, purchase back in 2005, all my other lens are manufactured by Sigma.

I have the 17-35mm f2.8-4 EX DG HSM, 24-70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro and the 70-200mm f 2.8 EX DG HSM Macro, and they all in my opinion produce quality images. The last time I purchased a lens was 9 years ago.

I recently purchased a Canon 5D mark III and wanted a lens to compliment this camera.

I thought of purchasing the Canon equivalent but with all the reviews, it became clear that the Canon was not up to the image quality of the Sigma.

What really sold me was the YouTube's Tony & Chelsea Northrup Sigma 24-105 f/4 Review vs Canon 24-105 f4.

I have used this lens for a few weeks and the quality of the images when viewed in Photoshop is exceptional.

Canon manufactures first class cameras, Sigma manufactures first class glass.

You will not be disappointed in purchasing this lens.

Panasonic eneloop BK-3MCCE/8BE Nickel Metal Hydride AA Batteries, Classic AA 8-Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Only purchase Panasonic Eneloop Batteries, 21 Oct. 2016
I purchased my first set of Panasonic Eneloop in April 2011, and these are still performing well.
I then recently purchased 16 Ansmann AA batteries, and from the start two were dud.
The others are not reliable, they do not holding their charge.
These came with no date on them, so I can only assume that these are old stock.
On the other hand all Eneloop batteries on the packaging state the production date.
In fact recently I have purchased 32 of them, everyone of them is perfect
With the problems I have experienced with Annsmann in future I will always purchase Panasonic Eneloop.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Use Mack's AquaBlock Earplugs to Completely Protect your Ears, 6 Aug. 2016
In the past I have always used Aquafit ear plugs, but sometimes water did enter my ears.
My last set started to delaminate.
When I tried to order more from Amazon they were not available.
These are far superior and are made entirely of Silicon, and are completely water proof.
I use them when showering but I am sure they would be as equally good when swimming.

Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargable Battery NiMH Digital
Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargable Battery NiMH Digital

1.0 out of 5 stars Ansmann 5022283 Canon BP 511 and 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargeable Batteries., 31 Jan. 2016
I purchased 4-off Ansmann 5022283 Li-ion Canon BP 511 Batteries, from an Amazon supplier, 3 batteries would hold their charge the 4th was defective and would not even charge.
I also purchased 4-off Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargeable Batteries from a supplier from their website. Not on Ebay.
Charging the 16 batteries, one was found to be defective.
One may expect that failure will occur at some time in the future, but to have the problems on both is very disappointing.
I’m pleased to say both the defective batteries have been replaced free of charge.
I have now found out a possible reason for the failure any Li-Ion battery. It will not charge because it is too deeply discharged due to it being over 2 years old when supplied in the first instance.
Update 10th. November 2016.
Due to problems I experienced whilst using them, I have just run them all through my Technoline BL700 battery charger using the Charge Test Programme.
So I assume that the test I did means that the replacements are the only ones that were within battery tolerance for mAh capacity.
2730 mAh Within Limits
1138 mAh
1057 mAh

Ansmann 5022283 Li-ion Canon BP 511 Battery
Ansmann 5022283 Li-ion Canon BP 511 Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Ansmann 5022283 Canon BP 511 and 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargeable Batteries., 31 Jan. 2016
Charging the 16 batteries, one was found to be defective.

SanDisk SDCFH-008G-U46 8GB Ultra 30MB/s CompactFlash Memory Card
SanDisk SDCFH-008G-U46 8GB Ultra 30MB/s CompactFlash Memory Card
Offered by GadgetsGizmos

2.0 out of 5 stars This is just a Warning and not a Complaint Regarding Corrupt and Unreadable Problems with SanDisk 8GB Ultra 200X CF - 30 MB/s, 10 Jan. 2016
I will continue to used SanDisk in the future, I own quite a few of them but thought I would write this review as a warning.
I purchased one SanDisk 8GB Ultra 200X CF - 30 MB/s on 28th. May 2010, followed by another two 30th. November 2013.
On Friday 8th. January 2016 I used my camera, a Canon 5D, and recorded a number of images on the card, which I viewed them in camera at that time with no problems.
On 10th. January 2016 I tried to down load them to my computer, and there was a problem, the computer indicated that the card was corrupted and unreadable
When I then viewed then in my camera the previous week's images could be viewed, but Friday's were not shown.
When I tried to take a photograph with this card it came up "Error" on my camera.
I always format the cards in camera.
I can only think that perhaps I kept the same card in the same cameras with the third as a back up, and this card I assume just gave up due the excessive use, although this card has a Lifetime Guarantee of 10 years.
I think I was just unlucky on this occasion.

Posing for Portrait Photography: A Head to Toe Guide
Posing for Portrait Photography: A Head to Toe Guide
by Jeff Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Can any more be said about the book “Posing for Portrait Photography: A Head to Toe Guide”, 14 Aug. 2015
This is the first edition published in 2004 and being 11 years old the example photographs are perhaps a little dated, unlike the abridged published 1 Apr 2012 with a series of more modern photographs, but the principles of posing will not change.
I purchased a second hand 2004 edition book for £1.88, but a new 2012 will cost £10.99 upwards.
In my opinion the author has produced a well written book with plenty of images to show with lighting, positioning head, arms and body to create a better and pleasing image.
It has a certain amount of humour, which is unlike Scott Kelby’s laid back style, which some do find irritating.
The book is written and directed to a photographer in a studio environment.
I came with a different perspective, as my niche is ‘Capture the Moment’ portraits and of course you cannot pose your subject under these conditions.
My only small criticism is that it does focus mainly on the female subject with hardly any male reference.
So I wanted a guide on how to achieve better composed images when looking through the viewfinder and this for the price has ticked all the boxes.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600, UK Layout - Black
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600, UK Layout - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Can any more be said about the Microsoft Wired Keyboard ..., 4 Aug. 2014
Can any more be said about the Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 Black?

I have just updated my desktop computer, so I wanted a new keyboard as the old one had the PS2 connector.
There are Ergo shapes, bells and whistles and gaming keyboards to choose from, but all I want is a no frills standard shape.
I always look at the previous reviews before making a decision on anything I purchase, and in this case I found a YouTube review as well.
This keyboard fulfills my requirements, it has quiet touch keys and is responsive in operation, it is also Spill-Resistant, although I’m not going to try this test.
It is English – UK version although the box displays English – USA with a sticker confirming the contents.
For the price and quality, manufactured by Microsoft, you cannot go wrong with this product.

Giottos Tripod Bag AA1252 for Models MTL9251B/MTL9351B/MTL8351B - Black
Giottos Tripod Bag AA1252 for Models MTL9251B/MTL9351B/MTL8351B - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Can any more be said about the Giottos AA1252 Tripod Bag?, 13 Jan. 2014
When I collected the parcel from the post office I wondered if I had purchased the wrong item.
The cardboard box was a bit oversize 1150 mm long x 260 mm square to be exact.
I was worried that what I had bought, (after conducting a careful and a fully researched investigation of the Internet of the product I was purchasing,) was going to turn out to be a complete disaster.
On opening the box I removed the scrunched up packing paper, thinking that I would find another box inside, but no. There was more paper at the bottom, no sign of the bag yet.
So who removed the contents? I could not reach the bottom of the box so I tipped the rest of the paper out, and right at the bottom was the correct item, folded in half, in its plastic protective bag.
That was the introduction which is a bit of nonsense and not really necessary.
I do have a small problem with some reviewers regarding descriptions and information they give on this product. A bit like my opening paragraph, I'm not saying that they are anyway at fault, as it takes time to sit down and write a review.
Some have commented that their so and so tripod with a so and so head is a perfect fit in the bag.
But everyone will have different makes of tripods and heads assemblies.
The total length of my tripod and ball head assembled is exactly 700 mm.
The specification of the bag which states the internal length is 700 mm is in fact slightly longer at 730 mm.
This bag will not suitable for a pan and tilt head, due to the bag being approx. 120 / 110 mm diameter along the whole length.
The bag is padded and well made, it has an internal zipped pocket, on the outside under a Velcro flap there is a clear plastic pocket for your address details. Some reviewers say that it could be used to attach other pieces of equipment; but I have found that the amount of Velcro used in this application is not enough to perform this task with confidence. The thick carry handles are held together with a Velcro wrap. The lengths of the handles are long enough to be able to slip the bag up to your shoulder for carrying, if you so wish.
The supplied shoulder strap consists of a non padded 50 mm. wide material, with 2 strong clips which can be securely attached to "D" rings at each end of the bag.
It suits my needs very well and for the money is very good value.
Sorry about the introduction.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4