Profile for sjb > Reviews

Content by sjb

sjb

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Nintendo Wii U)
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, 18 Feb. 2014
I've really enjoyed playing this game. For me, a lazy casual gamer with a low tolerance for having to repeatedly play the same level, it's pitched just about perfectly. Progress is swift with a decent variety of game play. This game makes good use of the Wii U gamepad, which is a nice bonus.

Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition (Nintendo Wii U)
Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by APE-GAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, but not bad, 18 Feb. 2014
Reading the reviews for this game before purchasing I was expecting a FPS with some RPG elements but, in fact, it's an RPG with some FPS. It's quite nicely done, but I was looking for a casual shoot-em-up rather than having to spend time talking to various game characters.

BlueSnail Coffee Tamper Stainless Steel 51mm
BlueSnail Coffee Tamper Stainless Steel 51mm
Offered by BlueSnail(Hong Kong)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, 18 Feb. 2014
There's not much that can go wrong with this, I guess. It's a good weight and a near perfect fit for the portafilter on my De'Longhi espresso machine.

Digital Save® 1m 2m 3m Flat Noodle Micro USB Long Colour USB Data Sync Cable Charger Samsung HTC Blackberry Pink Blue White Black Orange Red Yellow Purple Green
Offered by hin_master_1254

1.0 out of 5 stars Works OK for charging, but data broken, 18 Feb. 2014
I bought the 1m version of this cable, but I assume the same will be true of the 2m I also ordered but which hasn't arrived yet.

Basically, it doesn't work. At least it doesn't work for connecting any of my android devices to my PC through my USB hub. I tried the cable with my phone and two Nexus 7s and, while the devices charged each time, the data connection was either missing or mangled (flickering data connection LED on the hub). The only combination that did work for data was using the cable plugged into a USB socket on my PC connected to my phone .. but the tablets wouldn't work with the cable plugged into the PC, so it's all a bit hit and miss.

The vendor (digitalsave) was excellent and sent me a replacement cable, but the results were identical. Charging OK, data broken.

Can't recommend these cables unless all you want to do is charge your devices.

UPDATE: The 2m cable arrived today and it has the same problem: it doesn't work.

Duronic ST10W - 10 Way 2 Metre surge Tower Extension Lead Socket - 2M - Engineered to tell you when its surge protected

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, 11 Jan. 2014
The best feature of this item is that the sockets are well spaced out so that plugging in a "wall wart" power adapter doesn't obscure adjacent sockets. It looks a lot neater than a 10 gang trailing socket laying on the floor too.

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] [6 Disc Set]
Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] [1979] [6 Disc Set]
Dvd ~ Sigourney Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant boxset, 11 Jan. 2014
Cannot fault the picture quality with these - Aliens is particularly impressive given the graininess of the film source. Some nice features and a ton of extras - cracking value at 15 pounds!

Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 11 Jan. 2014
This is my six-year-old daughter's "first" real video game. It's pitched just about spot on for her - not so easy that it's boring, not so tough that she doesn't want to play, and enough cuteness to keep her interested in what was going to happen next. The timed aspect of the story mode can be a bit frustrating for her, particularly if it took her a little while to figure out what she needed to do, but there's an option to start the level over again rather than fail at a mission. Looks beautiful too.

Nintendo Wii U 8GB Just Dance, Wii Party U & Nintendoland Pack (Nintendo Wii U)
Nintendo Wii U 8GB Just Dance, Wii Party U & Nintendoland Pack (Nintendo Wii U)

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this, 11 Jan. 2014
She's six ;-) Great for the kids and there are a few adult games available too. If you're getting this as a birthday or Xmas present for a child, do yourself a favour and set the software up first - there are a lot of software updates to install and you don't want to be watching a progress bar with a disappointed child.

TRIXES X2 Hot shoe camera double spirit level, two axis (2-axis)
TRIXES X2 Hot shoe camera double spirit level, two axis (2-axis)
Offered by Digiflex

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought these on a whim, 11 Jan. 2014
"These" because there are two per pack (not obvious from the description unless you scroll down a bit) - which made them about 1.40 each including P&P. I'm not sure if I'll ever use them because I don't take my tripod out and about with me, but they could prove useful on the rare occasions when I go out with my monopod .. or possibly when using live view. More sensitive, and hopefully more accurate, than the artificial horizon built into my D7000. They're now sitting in my camera bag waiting for an opportunity to prove themselves useful.

Cape Cod Polish 8821 Polishing Cloth
Cape Cod Polish 8821 Polishing Cloth
Offered by ALL DIRECT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 11 Jan. 2014
Great for removing minor scratches from stainless steel - a must have to keep your polished watch cases and straps looking like new.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10