Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Beginner's Guide to Bobbin Lace (Beginner's Guides (Search Press))
Beginner's Guide to Bobbin Lace (Beginner's Guides (Search Press))
by Gilian Dye

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 7 Aug. 2016
Brand new copy, as described. Arrived quickly.

Print Gallery Art Poster Print by M. C. Escher, 56x67
Print Gallery Art Poster Print by M. C. Escher, 56x67
Offered by Poster Revolution UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice print, 9 Jan. 2016
Nice quality print, suitable for framing

Bosal In-R-Form Plus Unique Fusible Foam Stabilizer-18 inch x 58 inch
Bosal In-R-Form Plus Unique Fusible Foam Stabilizer-18 inch x 58 inch
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 19 Oct. 2015
Good price and arrived promptly from US. Very nice to sew with.

Electrolux Z7292 Vacuum Cleaner Hose Genuine - DST4071382164
Electrolux Z7292 Vacuum Cleaner Hose Genuine - DST4071382164
Offered by Kenco Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 19 Oct. 2015
Fitted perfectly

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for kindle keyboard, 21 Jun. 2015
My husband gave me one of these for my birthday and the kept on borrowing it, so I bought him one for his birthday. They are noticeably higher definition than our old keyboard kindles, and the illustrations come up much better. We both like the X-ray feature and access to Wikipedia. Also, leaving it connected to our wifi does not drain the battery, unlike the kindle keyboard. The back light is great for reading in low light situations. My only criticism would be that the touch screen page turns can be a bit hit or miss, and it would be nice to be able to have collections within collections.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars £196! You have got to be joking., 2 Jan. 2015
£196! You have got to be joking.

Solitaire MegaPack
Solitaire MegaPack

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Solitaire MegaPack (App)
Lots of solitaire games and no adverts. Every tablet should have solitaire and this does the job

One For All URC 6430 Simple 3 Universal remote
One For All URC 6430 Simple 3 Universal remote

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for seniors, 30 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my elderly mother, so she didn't need to keep swapping between TV, DVD and PVR remotes.

It was very easy to set up, and includes all the everyday functions to use these 3 gadgets. The buttons are a reasonable size as well.

Le Stumpwork : Fleurs et végétaux
Le Stumpwork : Fleurs et végétaux
by Sachiko Morimoto

5.0 out of 5 stars ...but it is in French, 5 May 2013
This book packs a lot into 80 pages. There are designs for 19 different plants, and also various bags, cushions and book covers using them, a section explaining all the stumpwork techniques, and another with all the embroidery stitches used. Everything is lavishly illustrated, with full page photos of each design, and clear photos and drawings of each technique. The instructions are clear and have suggested DMC thread numbers with them.

The designs themselves are very attractive and naturalistic - like pages from a botany book. The designs are all pretty small, typically about 6in square and would make pretty cards or small pictures, and suitable for beginners.

It is in French, but the illustrations are fairly self explanatory - I have only schoolgirl French, but managed to work out what to do, with the help of an on-line dictionary.

All in all, a beautiful book.

Windows 8 For Dummies
Windows 8 For Dummies

4.0 out of 5 stars This book has no index!!!!!, 27 Feb. 2013
I bought this book after I was given a laptop with Windows 8 installed. Migrating from XP was an unexpectedly steep learning curve. I am pretty computer savvy, having worked with them for 40 years, but I couldn't find anything, and needed help fast. This book was excellent, covering all the basics in a straightforward way, but in enough detail to get me started. Once I found them, I was not very impressed with the Windows 8 help files, so I downloaded this to Kindle on my laptop so it was always available.

This was when I discovered the major fault with this ebook. It has no index at the back. This doesn't matter on my Kindle as I can use the search facility. However Kindle for Windows 8 does not have a search button, and, though the contents are clickable, they are not detailed enough to point me to exactly where I want to go.

I would have given this book 5 stars, as it is a very good book, but the lack of an index looses it a star.