Profile for stevemancs > Reviews

Content by stevemancs

stevemancs

Kolay TPU Gel Case for iPad 2, Compatible with Apple Smart Cover for iPad 2), Black APPLE iPAD 3 & 4  -  - transparente
Kolay TPU Gel Case for iPad 2, Compatible with Apple Smart Cover for iPad 2), Black APPLE iPAD 3 & 4 - - transparente

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 15 July 2012
Bought this for my new IPad. It does exactly as advertised. Was delivered 3 days before the date quoted . If you need to protect your expensive piece of kit buy this.

USB Charge Charging & Data Sync Cable for Apple iPad / iPad 2 / iPad 3 in WHITE
USB Charge Charging & Data Sync Cable for Apple iPad / iPad 2 / iPad 3 in WHITE
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 July 2012
Left my apple supplied cable in Toronto. Looks like the original. Works like the original. If you need a new cable buy this.

Sport Armband for iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c with slim cases, Motorola Droid Mini and more
Offered by DiscountDiscs

4.0 out of 5 stars great for my needs, 12 May 2012
Trying to focus on the gym because I find it boring. Thought I'd introduce my own music to pass the time via my HTC Desire HD. This is a snug fit [so I have no excuse to stop the treadmill] and I can use the touch screen whilst its in the case. This case does what it says.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 12 May 2012
Tried a couple of lights which claimed to be suitable for Kindle...they were not. This is the real deal. can't fault it.

Thrift
Thrift

5.0 out of 5 stars laughs on every page, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Thrift (Kindle Edition)
I thought i'd give this book a try given that my usual reads are political biographies and thrillers. This is the first humourous novel I've ever read.I tend to take the view that anything which sets itself up as funny has got to be a disappointment. How wrong i was with 'Thrift'.

More than once i laughed until the tears ran down my cheeks. The interaction between the teacher [he's terrified of them!] and the kids will bring back memories for anyone who went to a state school. The ironic, droll banter in the staff room and his observations of the Head and Deputy are spot on I reckon. His responses to the 'stalker' girlfriend are hilarious.

'Thrift' has the makings of a really good sitcom along the lines of 'Not Going Out'on the BBC.

A great read for the beach and travel. Can't recommend it enough.

errolmancs
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 9:39 PM BST

Fatherland
Fatherland

5.0 out of 5 stars a real page turner, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Fatherland (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and finished it in record time simply because I couldn't put it down. It really captured the tension as the hero's [male and female] worked together to unravel the source of the series of mysterious deaths [I'm trying not to give anything away!]. The 'what if' scenario is intriguing and exciting. I have never read Harris before and if this is his standard I certainly will in the future. Read it!!

The Third Man: Life at the Heart of New Labour
The Third Man: Life at the Heart of New Labour

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent insight into in-party machinations, 29 Jan. 2012
I will not go on and on highlighting the highs and lows of this book preferring to leave that to others. I will say that for anyone with even a passing interest in domestic politics this a must read. it glosses over in some parts but gives a good account of the Blair/Brown years and a fascinating insight into their relationship and the pivotal role he played. I have always had a sneaking regard for Mandelson and this book has not led me to respect him any less.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 31 Dec. 2011
i lost the headphones for my Desire HD. The headphones arrived 2 days earlier than scheduled. This is a genuine HTC product. Quality sound. Great value. i'm very happy.

Marware SportGrip Silicone Kindle Cover (5th Generation - 2012 release), Grey
Marware SportGrip Silicone Kindle Cover (5th Generation - 2012 release), Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars just what my kindle needed, 31 Dec. 2011
ordered this on boxing day and it arrived on Thursday. Ordered it in grey. Its a snug fit and will protect the device from bumps and scrapes. I'm very happy with the product