Profile for DanielO > Reviews

Content by DanielO

DanielO

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Philips M3351W/05 Linea Design Cordless Phone with 1.6-Inch Display, White Backlight and Speakerphone - White

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a great phone, I just don't absolutely love it..., 7 April 2016
The phone itself is a brilliant phone, Philips are great when it comes to the technology and I have absolutely no problems recommending it at all. I have the Philips Mira too which I adore in both design and usage, and I got this for my office as it takes up barely any desk space. It works great, crystal clear conversations, and I can walk around the whole house inside and out and still chat with no reception problems.

So why don't I love it? It's the design, you see I think they missed a trick. Around the edge of the phone it's black, so when it's hooked into the base unit there is an obvious line showing. Also on the back of the phone they decided to put a speaker bang in the middle which completely spoils the aesthetics. They should have put a slit down each edge of the phone instead. As you can see I'm being pedantic, but if it truly was a clean lined piece of beauty this thing would get 5 stars from me. Obviously don't let that put you off though, its a minor point in the whole scheme of things and if you need a space saving phone, then look no further, this is for you. I'm just a stickler for things to not only work exceptionally well, but to also please me in aesthetic ways too. It comes close, but not quite.

WOSS AttacK Trainer Made in USA - Best PRO Trainer System with Rubber Grips (Black)
Offered by WOSS Enterprises, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs TRX, These are amazing!, 7 April 2016
Can't rate these highly enough. After seeing a TRX setup I simply couldn't justify the price, then I started googling around and came across numerous alternatives including making my own. But after calculating the cost of a homemade one, I thankfully made the right choice and got this WOSS Attack setup instead, and it's amazing. The quality is second to none, you really do feel safe and secure as you dangle from these. If you want to try out suspension training, look no further, these will give you exactly what you need and save you a tonne of money in the process. Love them, so much so that numerous folk around the office are giving them a go too now.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Game For Any Occasion - Everyone Loved It!, 29 Nov. 2015
Awesome Game, in fact we had more fun with this than the Game 'Cards Against Humanity'. Although CAH is hilarious at times, sometimes cards just don't work great together and you have a few rounds of barely any humour which stifles the fun. Taboo on the other hand seemed like constant involvement and hilarity for everyone, no matter how long you decide to play for. Such a simple premise for a game, and yet so addictive. Even our guests commented that they were all going to get this for Christmas. Top marks from us, don't hesitate in getting this at all.

Achieve the Impossible
Achieve the Impossible
by Professor Greg Whyte OBE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by a great guy, 25 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Achieve the Impossible (Paperback)
Great book by a great guy. Oh ok, so I've been fortunate enough to chat with Greg a few times in the past thanks to friends of friends, and every time I walked away I always thought "that chap is a super interesting guy", the type of chap you'd want at your dinner party. So when I saw he'd written a book, I thought I'm in!

Now I'm a serious procrastinator at heart, no really serious. I know I'm doing it and yet I still can't stop myself from doing it. The advice in this book could quite literally be used in all walks of life, and is very goal orientated, but in a super structured way that I think could work for me. In fact I've started implementing it already in my own life, so here's hoping the next 6 months are gonna be the best and most productive yet. What helps make this book a step above other books designed to get the best out of you, is the examples. If you're in the UK then no doubt you'll have seen the work of Greg getting celebrities to achieve amazing things, and he weaves these examples into the book showing how the tips he's suggesting were used on particular challenges.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this book to one and all. If you're looking to achieve something whether work based, sports based or anything else, this book will hopefully inspire you to take a structured approach and finish off what you set out to do with bells and whistles on.

Driveright Lane Safety Sticker For Travelling Abroad
Driveright Lane Safety Sticker For Travelling Abroad
Offered by Family Motoring & Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the idea of it, 25 Nov. 2015
I like the idea of it, and being nervous for my first drive in France I ordered one. But I now debate why I even bothered buying it. Just save your money and print off or draw exactly the same thing on a post it note. I didn't use it once.

Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere, 3 Cup
Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere, 3 Cup
Offered by Cutting Edge Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the glass ones hands down. 3 cups is ..., 25 Nov. 2015
Beats the glass ones hands down. 3 cups is pushing it though, depends how you're serving your coffee, if you're making expresso sized cups then yes you'll get three out of it, otherwise you'll be pushed to get 2 out of it. I'm only needing it for one though, so it suits me down to the ground.

Anker 6-Feet Nylon Braided USB Cable with Lightning Connector for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 - Space Gray (Apple MFi Certified)

3.0 out of 5 stars Was Great, But Only For The First Few Months, however Anker got in touch..., 25 Nov. 2015
At first I thought it was a superb cable, I loved the feel, look and the length of it. However, only after 3-4 months of use it's become really erratic to use, and won't charge my phone at all, but occasional will charge my partners. Thought it was up to Apple's standards, but sadly not built for the longterm.

UPDATE: (21st June 2016)
So Anker themselves saw my review and were really nice and contacted me out the blue. They wanted to apologise and send out a brand new cable to replace this one with. They sent an upgraded Powerline+ Lightning Cable in a lovely grey material, which is beautifully packaged in a lovely case. I received it today, and will be using it daily for the foreseeable future. So should any problems arise, I will update this review, however if it works like a dream and I never comment again, then you can assume that the Anker Powerline+ is the cable to get instead. Fingers crossed

Bosch Professional L-BOXX Trolley System Stackable, White, 2608438070
Bosch Professional L-BOXX Trolley System Stackable, White, 2608438070
Offered by Campbell Miller Tools Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars and what a great service. Super quick turnaround, 25 Nov. 2015
Buying via race-tools in France made this item a lot cheaper (£65.81 with delivery) than getting it in the UK, and what a great service. Super quick turnaround.

This product is like everything in this Bosch L-Boxx range, a little overpriced for what they are, but it works great with all my L-Boxx's sat on top, and moves around super smoothly. It comes flat packed, but takes seconds to screw all the wheels in. Not sure why they didn't match the colour of this to the green of the Bosch L-Boxx's, guess they didn't bother getting Sortimo to tweak this for them, but it's not built for style, so I won't grumble. One thing worth mentioning is that on the underside of the plastic tray it says the weight capacity is 100kg, might be of use for some people. Anyway, I'm a happy boy with it, and makes it a hell of a lot easier moving my tools around now without putting my back at risk.

Peak Design Cuff Wrist Strap
Peak Design Cuff Wrist Strap
Offered by Camera Centre UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Strap Ever! No really!!, 9 Oct. 2015
Seriously good strap. After getting fed up with full straps over the shoulder, I thought I'd try something different. So after I watched a video of some pro photographer using a wrist strap I decided to look around, but there are so many that are made of leather by little known companies and are completely over priced that I almost gave up. Then I came across this strap, watched the video on their site, and was instantly sold, and even better, THE PRICE, seriously such good value compared to many out there.

When it came through the door, I was even more bowled over. It's small, non-offensive, gives me confidence in throwing around my D7200 with hefty lens around, and has one killer feature I didn't realise. It unattaches in a second and then you just wrap it around your wrist like a bracelet until you need it again. To some this might sound pointless, but when I'm sticking the camera on a tripod I don't like straps flying in the wind, so this feature was like a breath of fresh air.

If you want a wrist strap, get it, you won't regret it.

Ring  RCT1 European Travel Kit
Ring RCT1 European Travel Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little pack, 9 Oct. 2015
Great little pack, everything was included, and thank fully I didn't have to use any of it. Love the fact it has velcro on the bag too, which means it sticks to the interior carpet of my boot and is out the way until it's needed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6