Profile for Steven C > Reviews

Pro-Tec Executive Leather Slip Case Pouch for Amazon Kindle 3 - Black
Pro-Tec Executive Leather Slip Case Pouch for Amazon Kindle 3 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for the price, 21 Sept. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this slip case to protect my Kindle, I had Neoprene one but it didn't seem to protect it enough as I had a screen which broke down recently. Anyway, for the price you get a good quality leather protection, it looks class and professional. And it's much cheaper than the normal protection they're selling for around [] pounds.

Rock Xtreme 685 Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7-2720Q, 6GB, 500GB, 15.6" Full HD with Windows 7 Home Premium, 3 Year Warranty and Free copy of Operation Flashpoint Red River)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gaming laptop if you're ready to put the price, 14 Sept. 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a laptop purely for Gaming. If you're looking for something light and easy to transport then forget about it.
For those who hesitate between laptop and desktop for gaming, it's really up to you, a laptop is easier to move if you wanna play at your mate's place etc and the desktop will offer you more flexibility in terms of power.

I tried the laptop with the free game flashpoint 2, Warband and also Battlefield Bad Company 2 (running full res), it ran smoothly for all games. The screen is big, keyboard looks solid and the overall laptop is strong and won't fall to pieces when you get a bit angry while playing (happens sometimes!).
It is quite expensive because you simply have the best of everything (laptop speaking), graphic card, hd screen, i7...

I would the only issue I had was the weight, and the size of the charger.

Overall I think you get what you paid for, for me a sturdy laptop is a massive plus as gaming is at times pushing the computer to its limits.

Cho-Yung Weight Loss Tea - 30 Tea Bags
Cho-Yung Weight Loss Tea - 30 Tea Bags

3.0 out of 5 stars taste good but same effect with other green tea, 29 July 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Green tea is good to help with weight loss. It's help getting rid of fat faster and removing fat cells. This cost around [] pounds for 30 tea bags, which is a lot for what you get.
OK the tea tastes good but you would get the same effect with other normal green tea, or even better with the Matcha green tea.
Like most of the miraculous diet, there is nothing miraculous except that it will help you getting rid of your money.
Exercise regularly, eat better food, more protein and diversified. Drink plenty of water and tea, and you should lose weight. If you want a miraculous solution here with the Cho-Yung tea, then let's get it right, it doesn't exist.

Digital Wedding Photography Photo Workshop
Digital Wedding Photography Photo Workshop
by Kenny Kim

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor book on Photography, 29 July 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
ok I got this book thinking that I would learn more about shooting weddings.
The problem here is that the book is full of dull ideas, focusing on things that are not wedding specific and vague on the wedding part of photography. The book is too big, it's recapitulating all the common photography concepts, aperture, exposure, lenses, gears, compositions etc....
The problem is that even that is not really well explained and the whole style of the book is quite boring, you read it and you don't really want to continue after two sentences. You have the impression the book is more a brochure for his business, listing all his awards and achievments, listing some random facts about photography he learned.
Some of the stuff he's saying are not even true. For example he says there is not difference between Full Frame and Crop body?!
Most of what he says you can figure out yourself, example at some point when talking about your relation with customer he says "you have to be polite with the customers"... I could pick up hundreds of examples like that. I'm sure there are a few much better books on Wedding photography around here. The pictures in the book are also average, some good shots and many poor ones, there is one I can remember where the focus point is on the teeth and not the eyes (once again, really basic photo knowledge).
If you want to be a good Wedding photography you need to master the basics first, which he doesn't. You better off learning it by practising and checking books from Michael Freeman, Scott Kellby and checking what the best do (Cartier Bresson, Ansel Adams etc...).
Thanksfully I got the book for free through the Vine programm, so do not waste your money with that one.

Fellowes Cable Zip Ducting with Cable Management Tool
Fellowes Cable Zip Ducting with Cable Management Tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 May 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a desktop computers connected to a printer and a scanner. so I have my fair share of cables there. This stuff works perfectly and keeps your cables in a nice and tidy way. Only bad point is that it's a bit of a pain to set this up, under your desk trying to force cable together! Other than that it does what it says on the tin, I only used half of it and will use the rest somewhere else. Simple and efficient

Nikon D700 Digital SLR Camera Body Only (12.1MP) 3 inch LCD - (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars My new best friend!, 6 April 2011
What a camera that is! I started Photography when I was young with some cheap plastic camera, I then move my first digital point and shoot 8-9 years ago, got another Point and shoot (Kodak), and finally made the leap to DSLR 2.5 years ago with the Nikon D60. I was getting tired of the D60 low light capacity and the three focus points, however that was a good first camera (I got it for the price of the D40).
I take loads of night/low light pictures so I was looking for a camera that was performing well on that. I was hesitating between the D7000 and the D700, I finally decided to go directly to a shop and see for myself which one I like the most.
The D7000 is an awesome camera but the minute I tried the D700 I knew that was the one for me.
It's sturdy and looks professional, it's not too big as well. In terms of low light, I'm not sure you can find better than the D700, there is almost no noise at high ISO! I got a 35 mm F/2 lens and the 50 mm 1.8 lens, + a 28-70 g lens (which broke with the weight of the camera, lame plastic mount).
To get the full use of the camera you would need to shoot in Raw and Adobe colors, which will cost a bit more in terms of storage cost, but will give you more control over your pictures.
Anyway, there is very little I can add from the other reviews, get one and you won't regret, like every camera the most important part is your eye and the glass!
I just thought I would share how awesome this camera is, I take it at work with me so I can use it on the way home.

CraftArtist Greeting Cards (PC)
CraftArtist Greeting Cards (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars an OK greeting cards maker, 6 April 2011
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got it for my girlfriend who is using as she likes sending cards to everyone. The software is quick to set up and does not take much space either, I used it on Windows 7 32 bits, working perfectly.

I put 3 stars as it does the job, but without being exciting, and one downside is it asks you for upgrade (free and not free) every once in a while if you want to get more tools/colors etc...
For the price I would say it's a tad expensive, as you need the paper+printer to get all that printed as well, it will probably cost more than buying cards at the shop but you will be able to craft your own card in a way so....

As per the product, it's sorted by theme, Easter, Christmas etc... let you choose between patterns/colors templates, you can put your own pictures and change the writings etc... The software didn't crash for the couple of times we used it.

7 In 1 Tool Set For IPhone 2G 3G
7 In 1 Tool Set For IPhone 2G 3G

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 6 April 2011
This review is from: 7 In 1 Tool Set For IPhone 2G 3G
I bought it as I recently broke my Ipod Touch (4th Gen) screen, I didn't want to pay someone to do it or buy a new one as it would have been either too expensive or just plain stupid because the ipod is still working fine.

I'm not gonna expand on the how to replace the actual screen as there many videos on youtube on how to do it.

This kit does the job, the screw drivers are a bit cheap and won't last long, I used more professional ones I had already. But for the price you have all the tools you needs to replace an ipod screen or open for whatever reason you have.

Digital Landscape Photography: In the Footsteps of Ansel Adams and the Great Masters
by Michael Frye

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent (if not the best) book on Landscape photography, 6 April 2011
I bought this book as I am digging more and more into Photography. I recently bought a D700 and wanted to expand my Landscape photography skills, and if possible get a few tips on how Ansel Adams was doing it.

Well, I've been quite surprised by this book, in a good way. It's full of examples, detailed and well explained, it's really accessible, from Starters to Advanced level.
Some would complain about the pictures not covering the whole two pages, but where would you put the tips? I like having both so I don't have to flip the pages to see what he's talking about.

Let's get back to the book now, it covers a wide range of topics, Colors, Zoning System, Histogram, Black and white, processing (Raw Jpeg). The book finishes on printing and getting your file ready before sending it to the printer.
For once a photography book which doesn't focus on gears and talks about is really important in Photography, the way you see things, composition, focus etc...

And all that in an accessible and not patronizing manner. It's not a coffee table book, it's more a manual which you'll need to read and take notes to assimilate its content.

How I Cook
How I Cook
by Skye Gyngell

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cook book, not the best around, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: How I Cook (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The book is well presented, recipes aren't too hard to prepare (still need the basics though), photography are great which makes you want to try all recipes. I only put 4 simply because it lacks a bit of originality, thumbs up on the quality of the book, should hold for a few years in the kitchen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10