Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Shopaholic to the Rescue: (Shopaholic Book 8)
Shopaholic to the Rescue: (Shopaholic Book 8)
by Sophie Kinsella

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, 4 Nov. 2015
I was disappointed in Shopaholic to the stars and really hoped this one would be better. Thankfully it is! Becky is back and she's the Becky we all knew and fell in love with. Not sure what specifically to write as don't want to spoil things for anyone but I really enjoyed this book. Made me laugh in certain places and I really loved reading what Becky and the gang were up to. I knocked a star off as it is far fetched in some places. However I would recommend.

Shopaholic to the Stars: (Shopaholic Book 7)
Shopaholic to the Stars: (Shopaholic Book 7)
by Sophie Kinsella

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other books in the collection!, 18 Sept. 2015
I feel bad writing this as I have really enjoyed all of Sophie's books. This one I just cannot get into at all! I've just finished it, I feel as if there was no real plot to make me want to read on though. The characters have changed and so has Becky and not for the good. It's a real shame as I loved all of the shopaholic books up till now. I will be reading the next book as I do want to complete the collection, however I really do hope it's better than this one.

The Walking Dead The Complete First Season, PS4
The Walking Dead The Complete First Season, PS4

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game, 21 July 2015
The game focuses on a man named Lee who stumbles across a young girl named Clementine. Together they fight for survival alongside various other people, helping each other out. I don't want to say more as might reveal spoilers. I found it quite an emotional game, especially witnessing Clementine and Lee's relationship developing. Overall an amazing game and would recommend.

Battlefield Hardline (PS4)
Battlefield Hardline (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Short main storyline., 15 Jun. 2015
It's a good game - bit different as it's based on cops and criminals. I was shocked at how short the main game is, 10 episodes long so does not take very long to complete. Must admit I was disappointed in that aspect, I was expecting much more.

It's Raining Men
It's Raining Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: It's Raining Men (Kindle Edition)
I don't know if I should be writing a review yet as I'm only about 70% way through the book but I love it. This is the first of Milly's books I've read and I'm definitely going to be purchasing more. It's a great read and I am enjoying it so far.

All the Single Ladies
All the Single Ladies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 6 Aug. 2014
The book concentrates on a woman named Sam, who has recently split with her partner Jamie. The plot follows Sam trying to win Jamie back using everything and anything to help her, including a rather lovely man named Ben. It's a lovely read, I really enjoyed it. The ending has a bit of a twist so it's not predictable at all, which I really like. I would definitely recommend it.

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay..., 6 Aug. 2014
This book is the last in the trilogy. It goes into Christian's background and his childhood. There is a plot in this story, mainly to do with Ana's ex boss Jack, which include a few 'edge of your seat' moments. I wanted to finish the book as I really wanted to see what happened at the end of the trilogy. It's worth a read if you've read the first two, but I wouldn't go rushing out to buy it as there are much better novels out there.

Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Darker

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 5 May 2014
(Warning, might be possible spoilers).

I decided to read 50 shades darker as although I didn't enjoy the first book, I heard it gets better during the 2nd and 3rd. The story concentrates more on Ana and Christian's relationship, rather than the sexual side of things. There are a lot of sexual scenes throughout the book and I started to get fed up with them so would skip those pages, it became boring to read about their sex life every few pages! Ana's inner Goddess and subconscious were out in full force too, as they were mentioned every other page it seemed like. There is also a lot of repetitive language mentioned throughout the book.

As for the storyline, Christian starts to get a bit more obsessive and protective of Ana, which was irritating. There were some 'edge of your seat' moments though, which made me want to keep reading the book to see what happened. I have started to read 50 shades freed now, as I want to see what happens in the end.

Overall, not the best book I've read but it's okay.

Jennifer Ellison's Fat Blaster Workout [DVD]
Jennifer Ellison's Fat Blaster Workout [DVD]
Offered by Fulfillment Next Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good workout DVD, 18 Mar. 2014
I purchased this as it has the same layout as Hannah Waterman's DVD, alongside the same trainer. I found this DVD fantastic, it has four sections and each one can be done on its own or all together if you like. The trainer comes across as motivating and encouraging, he doesn't talk too much like some can, but he encourages you enough to make you want to carry on.

The warm up is included in the first section, same as Hannah's. I don't understand why it's not just separate, it would be a lot easier. The cool down is included in the last section.

Tone blaster - first section and the starter one, I found it really good and quite hard. Lots of fast pace on the spot running with weights alongside squats etc. Very effective at making you sweat (and burn calories!)

Box blaster - Not sure why this is called boxing blast as there's only a few punches and kicks included, there's mainly lots of jumping and floor work! Good workout overall, slightly harder than the toning blast.

Power blaster - Very difficult, lots of explosive moves.

Belly blaster - Working on the tummy, shorter than the other workouts but it's good.

Overall, I enjoy working out with this DVD, and it is a great price too, so I definitely recommend.

Rosemary Conley - Slim 'N' Salsacise [DVD]
Rosemary Conley - Slim 'N' Salsacise [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rosemary Conley

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good DVD, 13 Mar. 2014
This DVD is split into three sections, a starter workout where you can learn the steps, a 20 minute workout and then a longer 30 minute one. The music is uplifting, catchy and really makes me want to move. I jumped straight into the 30 minute workout and found it difficult to follow at times but I enjoyed it overall. I love the fact it's different to traditional aerobics, I get a bit bored of all the usual aerobics moves hence why I purchased this DVD.

It's not too strenuous and the moves are quite simple once you have the hang of things so definitely okay for a beginner. I wouldn't say it gives a big calorie burn (no way did I burn 500 calories) but it's enjoyable and the price is amazing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4