Profile for Bibilofilia > Reviews

Content by Bibilofilia

Bibilofilia "Bibliofilia" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Garmin DriveSmart 60LMT-D 6 inch Satellite Navigation with Lifetime Map Updates and Digital Traffic for UK, Ireland and Full Europe, Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars A great sat-nav, but annoyingly retrograde connection, 5 Aug. 2016

My third Garmin - the others are still going strong, nothing wrong with them - and it is great.

Good clear screen which refreshes pretty fast. Trip planner with ability to amend the route. When you choose a destination it can show you alternative routes, and you can choose one and then build in an amendment. It uses its common sense when you choose a location on the map - it decides which side of the dual carriageway you probably want to be - if you are driving from London to Liverpool and wish to go via M40, it doesn't make you go past your selected added point to the next Motorway exit so that you can then retrace your steps back down the M40 because your big finger clicked on the wrong side of the carriageway. :-)

It has the power inlet at the back, and when you have the little wotsit to click onto the power mount installed at the back, this makes a stand so that it stands up when you are using it at home to programme it with a route.

All in all, I am pleased with this. So why not 5 stars?

Because unlike the previous 2 Garmins, and unlike my 3 Kindles, my 2 phones and my 4 tablets, it does NOT have a micro connector but a mini one. So my charging station set up with six charging cables has to have one removed and a specific one for this Garmin plugged in instead. How annoying!

Comment Comment | Permalink

CLI-521/ PGI-520 x3 sets Compatible Ink Cartridges WITH CHIPS for Canon Pixma IP3600 IP4600 IP4700 MP540 MP550 MP560 MP620 MP630 MP640 MP980 MP990 MX860 MX870 - CLI521 / PGI520
Offered by Badger Inks Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow delivery but product fine, 8 May 2016

Took ages to arrive - about 10 days. Not what i use Prime for.

But the ink works fine. Good value.

Clover Desk Needle Threader, Pink
Clover Desk Needle Threader, Pink

1.0 out of 5 stars Threw it out, 8 May 2016

I never managed to get it to work. You need to buy special needles, apparently. Threw it out. :-(

Red Pencil Case & Personalised Content. This is a great product that can be personalised to your requirements ( please see main discription for full details ) Ideal gifts and presents for weddings, Christenings, Birthdays, Christmas etc...
Offered by Gifts To You (UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 8 May 2016

One little girl was delighted with this!

It came quickly, good quality, was even better than it looked on screen. A great buy

Skechers Savvy Women's Mary Jane Shoes - Beige (Tpe), 3 UK (36 EU)
Skechers Savvy Women's Mary Jane Shoes - Beige (Tpe), 3 UK (36 EU)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed after 14 other pairs of excellent Skechers, 8 May 2016

Disappointed!

I have large numbers of Skechers - just been to count them for the header. I have delicate feet, and Skechers are like walking on pillows, I adore them. Normally.

All styles, including boots. But these are disappointing because inside the heel they have a sewn-on piece of leather. Unlike all my others which have smooth seamless backs.

And this runs! :-(

What's worse, I bought two pairs, in beige and black. :-(

On the positives, they are much less sporty-looking so more suitable for town wear. Except that they hurt to wear.

I am hoping that wearing them with tights will improve them, because it's a lot of wasted money on two pairs if not.

3DTriSport Supreme Quality Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Strap, and Free eBook | 30 Days Memory, Extremely Accurate Step Counter, Walking Distance Miles and Km, Calorie Counter, Daily Target Performance Monitor, Exercise Time - Multi-Function Pocket Pedometer with Advanced Tri-Axis Technology and Calories Burned.
Offered by Realalt UK

5.0 out of 5 stars SPOILER ALERT: if you might be getting a Christmas present from me, don't read any more!, 16 Oct. 2015

I have bought loads of these. Which is why everyone is getting one for Christmas from me!

I first of all bought an extra one to leave in our holiday flat, to avoid getting Beeped every time at Security in Gatwick taking the pedometer back and forth. You may be interested to know that while I had them both in the UK, I wore them together and they kept pretty similar count, so that was a good test of them.

It was while I was in Spain, incidentally, that I managed to put one through a number 3 cycle in the washing machine. I do not recommend this, by the way. But I took out the battery, unscrewed the two parts of the case exactly as they warn you not to do in the instructions, left it in rice, put it back together again (they give you a little screwdriver for the battery) and it worked perfectly.

I find this gadget so useful, reminding me to make an effort to walk more, and just love the feeling of satisfaction when I achieve my target. No, I'm not telling you what it is! But it's more than my husband does. :-)

Which is why I have decided to buy a whole bunch more to get the family walking too.

Thank you Realalt for a superb product - and the great e-mail you sent me when I told you about the washing machine. :-)

SLIM READING GLASSES CLEAR LIGHT PINK UNISEX LIGHTWEIGHT 5 STRENGTHS PR13 (+2.5)
Offered by GARDEN OLYMPIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, comfortable, great value specs, 15 Oct. 2015
Light, comfortable, great value - what's not to like with these specs? I have several pairs scattered all over the house, wear them constantly.

Bonnes Vacances: A Crazy Family Adventure in the French Territories
Bonnes Vacances: A Crazy Family Adventure in the French Territories

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't ordered this one., 20 July 2015

What can I say?

I suppose I can sum it up by saying that I abandoned it at 63% of the way through. Waste of money, but there you go.

I am surprised to learn that the author is a professional journalist. One would imagine that such a person would be better equipped to write a factual book that was accurate, if nothing else. This is inaccurate as well as boring.

In addition to her spoilt brats over whom she has apparently no control, the annoying features include numerous factual inaccuracies and constant, but constant, inaccurate French. The oft-repeated description of the French flag being Bleu, blanche et rouge is typical. Don't publishers have editors to sort out this type of incompetence in their authors?

On the strength of an article in the Daily Telegraph, I pre-ordered her new book. This book I bought as dear old Amazon suggested it to me when I placed that order. Gee, thanks.

I have now cancelled my pre-order. Wish I hadn't ordered this one.

A Life at the Chalkface
A Life at the Chalkface
by Mike Kent

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fascinating and full of food for thought., 30 Jun. 2015

It would have been better to continue the alliteration into Fun, fascinating and full of food for fought - there is actually fighting in the book too, in fact.

I have been a fan of Mike's for many years, reading his regular columns in the TES, and already have his earlier book. On my shelf next to Vic Goddard's "The best job in the world" and "Tweak to Transform" by Mike Hughes and David Potter. And many others . . .

I agree wholeheartedly with an earlier reviewer who says that Mike is the sort of Headteacher we would all have liked to be. Assuming that we were Headteachers of course. This reviewer was, but not of the same calibre as Mike, I'm afraid.

A great read, a fascinating insight into the ILEA and aftermath, loads of opportunities to think "What would I have done in his shoes", and plenty of chances to reminisce.

Despite what you sometimes read in the press, teachers do not always have a comfortable job, and it is great to read how this Head did his best not only for the pupils but also for his colleagues. Long may he continue to inform, amuse and intrigue us in print.

Una mirada a la vida
Una mirada a la vida
by María Elena Bracho Gómez

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read even if you aren't a full-fledged Spanish ..., 23 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Una mirada a la vida (Paperback)

A book of poetry written by a woman poet - not that common (with apologies to S Plath!). But a book that sings to your heart, whose words resonate in your mind, so that you read them over and over and think about them.

Simple language of course, as befits something speaking so clearly. Easy to read even if you aren't a full-fledged Spanish scholar. in fact language learners might even like to try it, as it will give you a warm glow to see how much you can follow.

La ternura que brota del alma
se muestra en tu mirada
mas que en tus palabras.
Cuando me miras con ternura
y en tus ojos me veo . . .
Me siento.