Profile for Mr. Paul Clarkson > Reviews

Content by Mr. Paul Clarkson

Mr. Paul Clarkson (West Yorkshire, England)

Dream Logic
Dream Logic

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Dream Logic (Audio CD)
ECM instrumental greatness at its best - Aarset on guitar and Bang sampling - a great meditative, beautiful caress of sound.

AeroBed Classic Double
AeroBed Classic Double

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 19 Mar. 2012
This review is from: AeroBed Classic Double (Sports)
got this for people staying over. it does exactly what is described. Inflates in about 20 seconds and deflates even faster. I've had no problems with it so far and my mother in law (who is rather fussy!) said that she fell asleep on it within 10 mins it was so comfortable. Tried it myself as well and you forget you are laying on an inflatable bed it is so comfortable. Only missing 5 stars because of other reviews that have mentioned problems (leakages etc); I'm kind of awaiting reliability and am impressed so far. It feels very sturdy.

You Must Believe In Spring
You Must Believe In Spring

5.0 out of 5 stars singing, swinging, heartfelt music, 6 Aug. 2008
All the other reviews of this fantastic record are bang on. I first heard this many years ago and keep coming back to it because, the music aside, it is such a brilliantly recorded record. The recording really captures the essence of Bill Evans - the romanticism, the long lines, the clarity with which he hits the piano keys, his little phrases that stay in your head, the singing nature of his melody lines (he simply plays notes 'right' he doesn't waste time with embelishment). The support is wonderful too - hear gomez's bass lines on 'peacocks' - like two friends having a conversation over dinner.

I would recomend this album to anyone interested in bulding up a jazz collection and if you have heard bill evans before and not got this I would urge you to consider buying it - it really does show of the man's talents - listen to some of the chords hang in the air on the sustain pedal - absolutely essential listening.

H.A.A.R.P: Live from Wembley CD/DVD (Special Edition)
H.A.A.R.P: Live from Wembley CD/DVD (Special Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars 'absolution-ly' the best, 18 Mar. 2008
I was there!! and I have to say this was an awesome gig and I am old enough to have seen some of the great live bands (Rush, Supertramp, etc,) - the performance, staging and sound were superb and I am looking forward to hearing and seeing this in the comfort of my own home. I've seen bits and I would recommend this to anyone who was there or wishes they had been. Muse restore this ageing rocker's faith in contemporary music - why can't other people touch them? Because they appear to be the best that Britain has produced recently (along with Radiohead and others - they may yet achieve the heights of Led Zeppelin if they continue like this). Rock on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2008 5:04 PM GMT

All Mod Cons
All Mod Cons

5.0 out of 5 stars wow perhaps you can improve on perfection!, 15 Aug. 2006
This review is from: All Mod Cons (Audio CD)
This was THE album all my mates were listening to when it was realeased. Definitely an improvement on the vinyl version. After all these years it still stands the test of time and all those trying to copy this sound seem to fail. Best tracks: Down in Tube Staion - how could Paul Weller write "my life swam around me, took a look and drowned me in its own existence" at such a young age? Definitely the John Lennon of his generaion. To be Someone - a very agressive song but with elements of fantasy; Fly - my favourite with some stong stand out lyrics. The first, 'All Mod cons' really sets the scene with its agression and garage band style sound. All in all one of the best albums of my youth, still playing it regularly now - a testament to its staying power - buy this album, they don't make them like this anymore (unfortunately).