Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Mrs. I. M. Allen > Reviews

Content by Mrs. I. M. Allen

Mrs. I. M. Allen (UK)

by Barbara Taylor Bradford

1.0 out of 5 stars Without a Substance, 9 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Breaking the Rules (Hardcover)
Breaking the Rules

I bought this new book by Ms Bradford as I still remember a captivating "A Woman of Substance", I liked "The Ravenscar Dynasty" and was amused by "Three Weeks in Paris".
If I only knew what a struggle I would endure to reach the end of this book!

I would have certainly suffered alone (it's not the end of the world), but then I read 5-star review of this book and decided I would have to share my opinion with others who might want to buy the book.

In my opinion, this time the author's endevour to create an image of an anonymous girl "M", resurrected from the depths of humiliation to the heights of glamour, was buried under a shallow plot, uninteresting characters, excessive and tiring descriptions of their appearances, lots of cliches from her previous books, lack of witty and meaningful dialogues - the whole overwritten story does not seem convincing. A book without a substance.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2009 4:24 PM BST