Profile for Thistle > Reviews

Suicide Watch
Suicide Watch
by Kelley York

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-wrenching, adorable story!, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Suicide Watch (Paperback)
This book made me smile, cry, and really think about some of the extents a person will go to in order to try and find peace. I loved the voice of the main character, and I adored the slow, awkward romance between Vincent and Adam. The hideous secret behind the website in the book gave me chills.
A gorgeously-written, heart-wrenching story. I'm going to go and read EVERYTHING this author writes now.

Wicked Secrets (Unfortunate Blood Series)
Wicked Secrets (Unfortunate Blood Series)
by H. G. Lynch

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked indeed!, 5 April 2014
This book had me hooked from the start, and kept me guessing the whole way through! This one is waaay better than the first one in my opinion. The romance between Reid and Ember is more in-depth and realistic, and I loved the tension between Reid and Owen. I'm also a huge fan of Ricky and Sherry - they're so cute together!
All in all, awesome book! Can't wait for the next one!

The Beautiful and the Damned
The Beautiful and the Damned
by Jessica Verday

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly beautiful, truly damned., 28 Jan. 2014
Jessica Verday has done it again - she's made me laugh, cry, and scream at the pages in frustration. I loved The Hollow trilogy, so I was sooo exicted when I found out about this book. She didn't disappoint. It was good to get a glimpse of Caspian and Abbey again, and I fell in love with Avian.

Lover Awakened: Number 3 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)
Lover Awakened: Number 3 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood)
by J. R. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensual, heartbreaking and dramatic., 28 Jan. 2014
What can I even say? This entire series, and all the characters in it, are brilliant, but most of all, I LOVE Zsadist, I really do. He's so damaged but so beautiful - my heart broke for him over and over again, and I wanted nothing more for him than a happy ending. Now I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

RECLAIMED
RECLAIMED
by SARAH GUILLORY

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Books I've Ever Read, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: RECLAIMED (Paperback)
Oh. My. God. How do I even explain? This book is so incredible. It was nothing like I expected, full of so many twists and turns that left me hanging on to the edge of my sanity. I haven't cried so much over a book since I read Clockwork Princess, but this one just wrecked me. It's beautifully heart-breaking, an absolutely astonishing debut. I can't wait for more from this author!

Mool Latex Rubber Squeaky Dog Toy Chicken, 23 cm
Mool Latex Rubber Squeaky Dog Toy Chicken, 23 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Birthday Present, 21 Dec. 2013
I bought this as a birthday present for a very strange friend of mine who has always wanted one, and she was thrilled with it! She even named it Elvis. Undoubtedly, her family is less than impressed with me as she takes great joy in squeaking it constantly.

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD]
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lily Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 28 Aug. 2013
Although a few things are changed from the book, City of Bones turned out way better than I'd expected after seeing the Beautiful Creatures and Twilight movies. The Mortal Instruments is my fave book series ever, so I was a little worried how it would turn out on the big screen, but I needn't have panicked. The movie is amaze, the acting is great, and the soundtrack is spot on.
I especially love the way Jamie Bower plays Jace - he is so funny, totally perfect as the witty Shadowhunter we all love (not to mention totally hot). Kevin Zegers actually turned out to be a pretty good Alec, sort of stuck up and sort of bitchy, like he is in the first book. Simon was totally adorable and broke my heart in a couple of places. Valentine, though he doesn't look like he does in the book, makes an epically creepy bad guy with those dreads. And Magnus...well, he's awesome. Need I say more?
Honestly, I went to see this movie three times because I loved it so much. Cannot wait for City of Ashes to hit the screen! <3

Crave (Crave (Quality))
Crave (Crave (Quality))
by Laura J Burns

4.0 out of 5 stars Good vampire read., 13 Aug. 2013
I've gone through almost all the popular young adult vampire books, so by the time I came across this one, I was desperate for something new. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I could really relate to Shay and found her a really likeable character. Gabriel is intriguing, and I enjoyed the flashes into his long past. Good vampire book, definitely worth a read.

Tremble (Denazen Novel)
Tremble (Denazen Novel)
by Jus Accardo

4.0 out of 5 stars They keep getting better., 13 Aug. 2013
I love this entire series, and this book didn't disappoint. It's fast-paced adrenaline rush from start to finish, with some wrenching moments in between, and Dez's amusing narration never fails to make me laugh. Brilliant.

The Beautiful and the Cursed (Beautiful and the Cursed (Grotesque)) (The Grotesque Series)
by Page Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 July 2013
Great book, amazing characters. I especially loved Quinn, but then, I always love it when there's a Scottish guy in a YA book. Luc sort of fascinated me, and I loved the complicated little bit of romance between him and Ingrid.
The story, overall, wasn't what I'd expected - it was better. It was like a combination of Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices, and Sarah Rees Brennan's Unspoken. I was hooked all the way through and read the whole book in one day. Can't wait for the sequel.