Profile for Reviewer #1337 > Reviews

Reviewer #1337

Generic Replacement LCD Screen and Digitizer with Tools for iPhone 4 - Black
Generic Replacement LCD Screen and Digitizer with Tools for iPhone 4 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 8 Feb. 2014
This is not a beginners task and if you have no electrical experience I advise against attempting this.

I don't think the screen is an original 'Apple' screen, as the colours seem to be (ever so) slightly faded compared to the previous screen. Aside from that, everything behaves exactly as per the original.

I've rated this four stars as I wouldn't call it a complete kit as the supplied cross-head screwdriver is slightly too large for some of the smaller screws. If they're in too tight you'll find yourself wearing the heads away.

ASUS 900 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Router - Black
ASUS 900 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Router - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Impressive, 18 Nov. 2013
I'm using this with an ECI BT Openreach Modem (BT Infinity), and it's so much better than the ISP supplied 'Technicolor TG582n'.

I get roughly 68/18 over wireless, which isn't bad considering I sync at 71/20.

If you're planning on installing a custom firmware on this router though, beware - it takes +60 minutes to come back to life after a re-flash. I thought I had bricked mine, but it just took a long time to come up.

Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 - UK Layout
Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000 - UK Layout
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Better, 16 Jan. 2010
I was surprised by how quickly I adapted to using this keyboard. The only problem I have is that my right hand still drifts over to the left side of the keyboard to press the '6' key. It should be perfectly obvious that this keyboard is for touch typists. If you type with one finger, you will find this keyboard very annoying.

There's something about it, particularly when you use the stand that comes with it, which makes you sit up straight which is great. I'm still not sure why they chose to include a zoom scroller rather than a 'scroller'. However, a quick google reveals that the 'zoom' feature can be replaced with a scroll one.

All in all, this is the best keyboard I have ever owned (although, I still have a soft spot for the IBM Model M)...

CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
by Glen E. Clarke

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs!, 20 Aug. 2008
I nearly failed my exam due to this book. It rattles on about things that aren't in the exam, it doesn't explain things clearly, and the stuff that really matters, it hardly touches.

Also, there are many errors in the book. The practice questions included are quite often wrong, and the answers don't fit the questions.

Honestly, I've lost faith in the usually brilliant 'For Dummies' series.

Get the Sybex or Mike Myers books if you actually care about your IT Career.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2009 6:05 PM BST