Profile for Mark A. English > Reviews

Content by Mark A. English

Mark A. English (Willerby, East Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Listen to the Bands - 16 Monkees Covers (Bonus Album)
Listen to the Bands - 16 Monkees Covers (Bonus Album)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tracks well done., 24 July 2017
Fantastic album. Not a bad track. All lovingly done and some interesting interpretations of a much under rated band. Highly recommended.

Fairy Tail 5 (Fairy Tail (Kodansha Comics))
Fairy Tail 5 (Fairy Tail (Kodansha Comics))
by Hiro Mashima

5.0 out of 5 stars ... review was written by 1 of my students who loved it! I really liked this book because it ..., 22 May 2017
This review was written by 1 of my students who loved it!
I really liked this book because it was fantasy. It had wizards and talking cats. But it was also comedy because it had some funny scenes in it. I also liked the storyline and how the book ended on a cliff hanger ready for the next volume. I almost couldn't put it down!

The Difficult Second Album
The Difficult Second Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class!, 8 May 2017
Ballsy Powerpop with loads of melody. This is their difficult 2nd album - but nothing difficult in it! What's not to like?

The Hope Family Calendar
The Hope Family Calendar
by Mike Gayle

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there a better relationships writer?, 29 Aug. 2016
Just finished The Hope Family Calendar. Still wiping away the tears. Silly old s*d lol. Thank you.

Saturday Night And Sunday Morning
Saturday Night And Sunday Morning

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 12 Sept. 2015
Funded by the Chelsea Angels and am I glad that they did. More anger and power from Chelsea. Not a bad track. And with James Stevenson back in the fold and Nic Austin on top form what more could you want?

All Our Tomorrows
All Our Tomorrows

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, 12 Sept. 2015
This review is from: All Our Tomorrows (Audio CD)
It's sounds like the story of his life. If I'm not mistaken some girl has f@"£ed him over.
The entire cd is superb but I particularly like the dancey, industrial feel to the track EON. It's edgy and risk taking. But the whole album is everything I love in a record. Guitars, drums, bass, keys and passion. F##£ing loads of it.
As Pete Wylie once said,"Songs of strength and heartbreak." And equally Jonny Thunders,"You can't put your arms around a memory."

Do yourself a favour. Buy and play loud.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, 16 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my brother's birthday. Although the box contained the whisky was a little battered the amazon box was sturdy and protected the item. He was delighted with it. The whisky is smooth.

Something For Everybody
Something For Everybody

5.0 out of 5 stars Q. Are we not men?, 19 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Something For Everybody (Audio CD)
Devo's debut album sits proudly in my Top 10 all time faves....everything else, for me, hasn't been able to hold a candle to it....until now. I'm not going to rabbit on but Something For Everybody is brilliant. I prepared myself for disappointment (must be from watching England in the World Cup) but there was no need.

A fantastic album. Can't stop playing it.

Little Green Man
Little Green Man
by Simon Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourites.., 26 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Little Green Man (Paperback)
I was a little disappointed the first time I read this with the ending. If I'm honest it left me feeling depressed. However, I have reread the book several times since and each time it makes me think something different and I view the ending differently as well.
Well worth reading not once, but twice!

Dinner for Two
Dinner for Two
by Mike Gayle

5.0 out of 5 stars Written for and by a 30 something, 10 Feb. 2002
This review is from: Dinner for Two (Paperback)
I was lucky to come across Mike Gayle having had My Legendary Girlfriend recommended to me by the girl who cuts my hair. I bought it, liked it, bought his other 2 books and liked them equally. Dinner For Two was in the shops last Thursday. I bought it and had finished it by Saturday lunchtime. It's not much of a departure from his other books. Mike Gayle writes in an easy, almost chatty style that's easy to fall into very quickly. Being a 30 something the best thing about it is that his observations seem to be mine. He speaks like I speak. He (or more correctly, his characters) whinges about what I whinge about. It's one of those books where you think he must have met you since so much seems spot on. He hasn't, of course. He's just a 30 something too and we're all made from the same mould I think.
Mike Gayle fans won't be disappointed. If you like Nick Hornby, Tony Parsons et al, you won't be disappointed either.

Page: 1 | 2