Profile for Simon Mansfield > Reviews

Content by Simon Mansfield

Simon Mansfield "Siyfion" (Cardiff, UK)

Braun Series 9 9296cc Men's Electric Foil Shaver, Wet and Dry with Clean and Renew Charge Station, Pop Up Trimmer, Rechargeable and Cordless Razor and Premium Travel Case - Chrome  (2 Pin plug)
Braun Series 9 9296cc Men's Electric Foil Shaver, Wet and Dry with Clean and Renew Charge Station, Pop Up Trimmer, Rechargeable and Cordless Razor and Premium Travel Case - Chrome (2 Pin plug)
Offered by The Tech Savvy

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a shaver that works for me!, 1 Sept. 2016
Firstly, let me start by saying just how stunningly beautiful the whole package is, the shaver itself looks amazing in chrome, the travel case is study with a really nice "premium" feel in the hand and the cleaning/charging station is unobtrusive, if a little on the large side.
The shaver needs to be charged for 8 hours before first use, but after that the battery life has been impeccable, the shaver even tells you how many minutes of charge it has left when it starts getting low, which is a really nice feature to make sure you don't run out of juice, mid-shave.

Performance wise, it blew me away... 99% of the time I am sporting a decent length beard, party because I find that wet shaving irritates my skin a lot, and previous electric shavers have caused HUGE skin irritation / reactions which pretty much rendered them unusable to me. This shaver however, has been faultless, it gave me a really good, close shave and after starting with probably the worst-case scenario (a long beard) it got rid of all of it with ease, quickly and most importantly with NO irritation what-so-ever. Subsequent shaves have delivered the same great feeling afterwards, so it wasn't a one-off either!

The lack of irritation is in no-doubt helped by the awesome cleaning system, which seemed to do a really good, thorough clean of the shaver after my first use and a lighter clean on subsequent uses. The cartridges it takes are pretty sizable, hence the large base station, but if the cartridges last a while as a result, then I can't fault it.

Simply... Flawless. The best shaver I've ever owned by a long, long, long way.

Also, a massive thanks to Braun for allowing me to try this great product out for free!

Garmin Designer Car Kit for iPhone 5
Garmin Designer Car Kit for iPhone 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug. 2014
Brilliant bit of kit, holds my iPhone 5s perfectly, no wobbles & allows access to all the buttons. Perfect.

HTML & Css: Design and Build Websites
HTML & Css: Design and Build Websites
by Jon Duckett

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sublime!, 25 Jun. 2012
Possibly the best technical book I've ever read, bar none. The information is present in a fluid and interesting way, emphasising the key points and not over-complicating things at all.

Sony ECMCS10.CE7 Clip on microphone
Sony ECMCS10.CE7 Clip on microphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Too quiet and suffers from noise!, 30 Dec. 2011
Having owned many different types of Clip-On mics, I have to say that I was expecting a LOT more from this considering the price. The mic itself was well packaged and delivered promptly, however when it comes to its performance, I found that it was very hard to get it to pick up my voice with any real volume, and if I turned everything up there was a **really** annoying background hiss. Now I know what you are all thinking, (wiring, interference, settings, etc.) but if I used the exact same setup with a Speedlink Clip-On mic, it sounds perfect with no hiss or volume issues. The reason why I got this was in the hopes that it would be better quality and that it's stereo, the faults I've had render either of these two benefits useless. Personally, I'd avoid it and stick to a Speedlink Clip-On or get a decent webcam with a mic and use that instead!

232 Delicious PANCAKE RECIPES eBOOK Cookbook
232 Delicious PANCAKE RECIPES eBOOK Cookbook

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, 10 Oct. 2010
Quite possibly the worst eBook layout you could imagine, followed by adverts interspaced between every single recipe. AVOID.