Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Pipsqueak > Reviews

Content by Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak "casper" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Snow Buddies [DVD]
Snow Buddies [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Belushi

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Snow Buddies [DVD] (DVD)
My grandson loves all the Buddies movies

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best book I've read in quite a while, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
This is the best book I've read in quite a while. You are hooked from the very beginning and have to stop yourself from reading it every spare minute. It is also full of information regarding terrorist conflicts, so you learn a lot of what has been going on in the world pre and post 9/11 right up the present day. Even though you can't read it fast enough you also have to stop at times and go back over some morsel of brilliance to let it sink in, or to remind yourself of events that happened earlier in the story. Before I was a quarter way in I recommended it to friends and family and they loved it too. Judging by some comments in the acknowledgments I think we could be in for a film version which would be really fantastic. I can't recommend this book enough.

Space Buddies [DVD]
Space Buddies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Fagerbakke

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Space Buddies [DVD] (DVD)
Another great DVD in the Buddies series, totally loved by my grandson. The landing on the moon was so cleverly done.

Super Buddies [DVD]
Super Buddies [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous DVD, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Super Buddies [DVD] (DVD)
My grandson adores this series of Buddies movies, and I enjoyed watching them too.

Air Buddies [DVD]
Air Buddies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Cranshaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Air Buddies [DVD] (DVD)
My grandson adores this series of DVD's starring the Buddies and I loved watching them with him.

Color Essentials: Crisp & Vibrant Quilts
Color Essentials: Crisp & Vibrant Quilts
by Amanda Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Dec. 2014
Fabulous quilt designs using solid colours, and lots of ideas for a modern take on quilting.

Because She Loves Me
Because She Loves Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended thriller, 10 Dec. 2014
This was a fast paced and very well written thriller, my first by mark Edwards, it won't be my last. Throughout the storyline you felt quite confident in knowing who had caused all the mayhem in Andrew's life, not to mention the death of people close to him, but maybe all was not quite as it seemed. The four star rating was only because I felt that Andrew was a bit weak at times, easily manipulated by the women in his life, which then caused some of the major problems. I don't want to go into details here for fear of exposing too much for those who have not yet read the book. But despite this I thoroughly enjoyed it, continued to read whenever I had a few minutes spare and am looking forward to more novels by Mark.

The Night Stalker: A brilliant serial killer thriller, featuring the unstoppable Robert Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent thriller, a real page turner and I loved ..., 26 Nov. 2014
This is an excellent thriller, a real page turner and I loved the main character, Hunter. I don't usually read US thrillers but was very pleasantly surprised by how good it was and am really looking forward to reading his other books in the same series. It's great to find a new author and know that you've got several books more of theirs to read.

Look Behind You
Look Behind You
by Sibel Hodge

4.0 out of 5 stars What I found a little annoying is that Liam is described early in the story ..., 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Paperback)
I finished this book with mixed feelings, deep down it felt as though the author was jumping on the bandwagon of Before I Go to Sleep, producing a psychological thriller where the husband is definitely suspect throughout. What I found a little annoying is that Liam is described early in the story as having fair hair, then half way through we are told about a photo of Liam with his cousin, described as both dark heads together, and towards the end he becomes fair again. Has no one else picked this up, like proof readers? It was also rather far fetched at the conclusion, does anyone stay with family or friends and accidently leave a driving license behind, and thirdly, if time constraints meant that Liam couldn't have travelled down from Scotland and back in one day how was he suddenly able to manage it while pretending to be someone else? Having said all that, the book kept me interested throughout time spent at an airport and on a flight, it was quite riveting but at the same time I didn't feel as though the heroine invited concern from the reader, she seemed too wishy washy for that, giving up all her friends, not learning to drive etc etc. I am looking forward to reading Sibel's book about the slave trade which I am sure will be better written as it has won awards.

BEYOND EVIL
BEYOND EVIL

3.0 out of 5 stars I was hooked by the excellent beginning but it seemed to go downhill badly after ..., 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: BEYOND EVIL (Kindle Edition)
This book was quite disappointing once I got past the first few pages read as a sample on my Kindle. I was hooked by the excellent beginning but it seemed to go downhill badly after that and unfortunately I found it pretty irritating in so many ways from then on. So even though I tried to get back into it a few times I eventually gave up. Such a shame as it promised so much in the opening chapters, maybe it got better towards the end but for me it wasn't interesting enough during the middle section to continue plodding through it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18