Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Dr. Philip Slayen > Reviews

Content by Dr. Philip Slayen

Dr. Philip Slayen

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found

4.0 out of 5 stars Adventure, 8 Dec. 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - it was well written, descriptive and an interesting account of how a wayward young woman finds herself in the wilderness.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong information., 8 Dec. 2013
I ordered these runners because of the information given only to find they were not the ones I wanted so had to reorder and still got the wrong article - got a refund and bought them elsewhere.

Santa Baby
Santa Baby

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Xmas song!, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Santa Baby (MP3 Download)
Eartha Kitt sings this Xmas song with her usual husky, sexy, voice and is a pleasure to listen to anytime.

CRASH! How I Lost a Hundred Billion and Found True Love (Kindle Single)
CRASH! How I Lost a Hundred Billion and Found True Love (Kindle Single)

3.0 out of 5 stars Casual read, 22 Sept. 2013
Strange story set in Ireland not really my cup of tea - when I finished reading it I could remember what it was all about.

Olympus VN-510 Digital Voice Recorder with 512 MB Built-in Memory - White
Olympus VN-510 Digital Voice Recorder with 512 MB Built-in Memory - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Aid, 22 Sept. 2013
Bought this recorder for my brother-in-law who has short term memory loss. Arrived promptly in good order works well and he is very pleased with it.

Not Out First Ball: The art of being beaten in beautiful places
Not Out First Ball: The art of being beaten in beautiful places

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored cricket lover!, 15 Aug. 2013
I used to be a keen cricketer in my youth so thought I would relive my days as a country cricketer in this book. I started reading with great expectations of reliving memories of my erstwhile cricketing days in a small "dorp" (village) in Natal, South Africa, but found the story boring and repetitive, so I gave up. The reason I believe is that I did not experience my cricketing days in Great Britain, so could not relate to the characters or incidences that are described in the book. I am, however, still interested in snippets of the game and enjoy watching TV replay of the fall of wickets but could not watch a ball by ball commentary any more. I thought the book well written but it was not for me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 7:45 AM BST

Drew Brady Mens Thermal Sleep Socks, Dark Blue, 6-11
Drew Brady Mens Thermal Sleep Socks, Dark Blue, 6-11
Offered by My Shoe Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm feet!, 16 July 2013
I am a diabetic with poor circulation so need bed socks at night even in summer. These socks do the trick more efficiently than any others I have tried.

World of Data 3.5mm Male Stereo JACK to JACK Audio Cable 10m Lead
World of Data 3.5mm Male Stereo JACK to JACK Audio Cable 10m Lead
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack to Jack, 16 July 2013
Does the job. Arrived promptly in good order. What more can I say? I use this long lead to play music from my Ipod to an amp. which has no remote control.

Mens Socks, 5 Pairs, 6-8 UK, 39-42 EU, Soft Loop cuff without elastic Diabetic Socks
Offered by Sabastian Misc

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 star socks, 16 July 2013
These socks are fine for summer as they are very light and comfortable but they slip down to the ankle and are inclined to creep towards the toe of the shoe towards the end of the day. Hence only three stars!

The Snow Child
The Snow Child
by Eowyn Ivey

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 29 April 2013
This review is from: The Snow Child (Paperback)
I bought this book for my wife who read it some time ago and cannot remember the story in detail but thought it was

Page: 1 | 2 | 3