Profile for Simon Ash > Reviews

Content by Simon Ash

Simon Ash (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Large Slate & Chrome house number sign - 1 to 99 available
Large Slate & Chrome house number sign - 1 to 99 available
Offered by Atlantic Hardware Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - 100% happiness guaranteed, 23 Sept. 2017
Fantastic product, fantastic company to buy from. I have a load of ugly holes by my front door of my new house from where the previous owners had a front light which I have removed. I contacted Mike via Amazon and he customised my door sign to a perfect 160mm square size which now totally covers all the offending holes. Better still the door sign is stunning and just brings a smile to my face when I see it walking up the path. I highly recommend this product but also Atlantic Hardware.

The Walking Dead Season 7
The Walking Dead Season 7

1.0 out of 5 stars What happened to the writing? It's awful now!, 10 Sept. 2017
What has happened to this once gripping series. Rick has lost all his fight and become a total coward and it's just a thoroughly uninspiring series.
The new baddie Negan could have had an axe in his head on countless occasions and yet suspense is built every week waiting for Rick to snap and become the forceful survivor he has been in all the previous seasons. Maybe all the writers quit and they hired some new ones with limited experience. I just can't understand how it's gotten this bad and slow paced. This season is worth a miss - really disappointing.

Predestination
Predestination

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Please!, 6 May 2015
This review is from: Predestination (Amazon Video)
Oh please! I expect if you liked the Matrix series you may like this but for me, without giving away the plot, it's just ridiculous in the extreme. I like Ethan Hawke and he is a quality actor but maybe he had his eye on a new car or something and agreed to this movie. He can't have read the script before he agreed, surely? I thought this was truly awful.

Jobs
Jobs

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Fanboys, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Jobs (Amazon Video)
I'm a die hard Apple fan and there's probably a fair bit of creative licence in this film but I like Ashton Kutcher's performance and
if you love Apple then it's an interesting film.

Last Vegas
Last Vegas

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch., 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Last Vegas (Amazon Video)
Really good movie, much better than I expected. With this line up of actors how could you go wrong? Worth a watch.

Rayware Alpine Poppy Tea for One
Rayware Alpine Poppy Tea for One

4.0 out of 5 stars For that tea shop feel at home, 16 Aug. 2013
No surprises, just a great little teapot that makes me feel like I'm having an overpriced cup of tea at a tea shop.
The difference being I have a cuppa at home and two cups per potfull.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, Unnecessary but I like it!, 16 Aug. 2013
Who needs one of these...only someone with a thing for aluminium based gadgets and too much disposable cash.
However if you fit that bill you'll find it a nice little accessory for your headphones. Simple but classy.

TomTom GO 6000 6-inch Sat Nav with European Maps and Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom have lost the plot, 16 Aug. 2013
I was really excited to order this unit as a birthday present to myself but it turned out to be absolutely awful. I have previously owned three other Tom Toms so I like the brand and every one has been better than the last. NOT with this Go 6000, the supposed flagship unit.

When you open the box the screen is impressive and the magnetic clip mount is terrific. The problem is the info screen. No longer can you look at the screen and know what the current time is. It only displays the arrival time in a single column on the right. I preferred the old styling where all your info easily to hand at the bottom.

On turning on the unit on my first journey the unit took ages to get a GPS fix. Then the voice didn't kick in for even longer and overall it was a poor start but I carried on. The info display is so awful that I took the wrong turning twice within one short and incredibly frustrating journey lasting no more than 10mins. I pulled over to the side of the road got out the trusty Tom Tom Go 9500 unit and vowed never to use one of these again.

I felt compelled to write a review because the unit is so awful Tom Tom should be ashamed, pull it and redo the software display ASAP or just suffer the embarrassment of bad review after bad review. Take heed...avoid at all costs.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2013 11:05 AM GMT

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4 - Black
Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Product, 17 Jan. 2013
Initially put off by the high price I thought I would give it a go knowing I am going on a flight to USA soon. I've only had the keyboard for 24 hours and it's transformed my use of the iPad. This keyboard is CLASS, well worth the money. It doesn't offer any protection to the back but on the plus side it clips on/off really easily. Bit overpriced but what the heck, it's a fantastic product.

Bluetooth Audio Adaptor - LAYEN i-SYNC Bluetooth Music Receiver. Stream Music Wirelessly From Your Bluetooth Transmitting Device; iPod, iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablet, MP3 Player, PC or Laptop to your Docking Station or Stereo System. This Bluetooth Dongle Will Transform Your Dock. Works with Amazon Echo / Echo Dot - (Not Suitable for Cars - See Below)
Offered by LAYEN