Profile for maisielane > Reviews

New Balance 959v2, Women's Walking Shoes
New Balance 959v2, Women's Walking Shoes
Price: £60.00 - £110.40

2.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre pricing strategy, small narrow shoes., 26 Jan. 2016
I realised that other reviewers were reporting that this walking shoe was a bit small, but the price difference between size 6.5 at £60 and size 6 at £28 persuaded me that it would be worth trying the smaller size. Unfortunately the other reviewers were right, so I had to return them. I couldn't justify spending the extra £32 to get the larger size. Why is the pricing like this? It seems to change on a daily basis too, which is maddening.

As well as being to short in the foot length, they were also quite narrow, so wouldn't accommodate walking socks unless you have very narrow feet.

5x A4 Acrylic Poster Menu Holder Lean To Perspex Leaflet Display Stands - Free Shipping!
Offered by Displaypro

5.0 out of 5 stars Eccellent, 26 July 2015
Excellent value, good sturdy quality.

Islands - Essential Einaudi
Islands - Essential Einaudi

1.0 out of 5 stars appaling sound quality, 26 May 2015
Dreadful sound quality, on both the disc and the download. It sounds as though this is a bootleg recording, made on someone's mobile phone at a concert! It is not possible to listen to this without winding the volume up to max. I will be sending back and asking for a refund. I see I'm not the only one to have this issue. A huge disappointment as I love the music.

Daler Rowney A1 Mount Board Conservation Pro Snow White 10
Daler Rowney A1 Mount Board Conservation Pro Snow White 10

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 21 May 2015
Exactly what I needed. Good quality textured board.

Skechers Relaxed Fit Bikers Pedestrian Women's Walking Shoes - Black, 6 UK (39 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars wierd sizing, 19 April 2015
These could have been excellent shoes, but the sizing is all wrong. The 6 is huge, but the 5 is far too small. So both pairs are going back unfortunately. Such a shame as they are lovely looking shoes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2015 12:50 PM BST

Skechers Womens Go Walk - Autumn, Black (Bbk), 6 UK
Skechers Womens Go Walk - Autumn, Black (Bbk), 6 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd narrow fitting, 15 Oct. 2014
This is the third pair of these that I have had over the last two years, each pair supremely comfortable. However, this pair is over 1cm narrower than the older versions, therefore not quite so comfortable. I realise that the uppers stretch over time, but I took my measurements from the outer sole unit - it really is 1cm narrower. I don't know why this should be, but it's very annoying. they will stretch eventually, but in the meantime not really what I was expecting.

Skechers GO Walk 2, Women's Trainers, Black (Schwarz), 6 UK (39 EU)
Skechers GO Walk 2, Women's Trainers, Black (Schwarz), 6 UK (39 EU)

2.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT LEATHER!, 13 Oct. 2014
Although described as leather on the website, the shoes have textile uppers, printed with a leather-like pattern, quite glossy and not at all what I was expecting. I complained to Amazon, and at the moment I'm waiting in all day for a collection and refund, very inconvenient and annoying. To make matters worse, I'm not the first person to note that there is no leather content in these shoes. SORT THIS OUT, AMAZON.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2016 6:17 PM GMT

View 21 Freeview Digital Internet Enabled Set Top Box with USB Wi-Fi Dongle and Facebook/Twitter Access
Offered by Capital Stores

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless!, 12 Dec. 2013
To use the remote control you have to be standing within 6 inches of the box, and then it doesn't always respond. It has extraordinarily slow reactions to the buttons, with the end result that we hardly ever have the energy to change channels. Luckily it's only a bedroom TV, so not too important, but I wish we'd sent it back while we still could. Buy something else!

Hilda Hopkins, Murder, She Knit (Hilda Hopkins, Machine Knitting Serial Killer Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Only mildly entertaining for 15 minutes, 26 Aug. 2013
Although this book is mildly entertaining, it is littered with punctuation errors, occasionally so bad as to change the meaning of sentences. And whilst admitting that I am a speedy reader, I was surprised at the brevity of the 'book' and the facile conclusion. If it hadn't been free, I might have asked for a refund. A talented ten-year-old could have been proud of this writing, but an adult?

Blackspur BB-HA055 Picture Hanging Set with Spirit Level
Blackspur BB-HA055 Picture Hanging Set with Spirit Level

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't use this product to hang anything!, 25 Sept. 2012
I should have been suspicious about the cheapness of this product. The hooks are so flimsy that they straighten out with just light finger pressure. I would have given zero stars if that had been an option. If you had used the contents of this kit to hang valuable work you would be risking serious damage.

Page: 1 | 2