Profile for Floetry > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Trixie Biker Set for Large Dogs
Trixie Biker Set for Large Dogs

3.0 out of 5 stars Too nervous to use it!, 21 Aug. 2011
This arrived quickly and was easy to attach to the seat post of my bike but now I'm too nervous to use it! So far I've only used it twice up and down in the front of my house with the smallest of my 3 dogs. I'm worried that the little pin which keeps the extending arm in place might be accidentally dislodged whilst I'm pedalling. It just doesn't seem robust enough. Also, the arm doesn't stay to the side, it keeps on swinging to the back and I've tightened it as much as I can. It's a shame because I'm sure my dogs would love it - but I've no confidence in it's safety.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2013 3:32 PM GMT

Style Book: Fashionable Inspirations
Style Book: Fashionable Inspirations
by Elizabeth Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures, 3 Jun. 2011
As a 40 plus woman who's looking for style inspiration, this isn't exactly what I was looking for. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful book full of iconic images of the likes of James Dean, Louis Armstrong, Kate Moss, Jackie O etc. alongside street style pics of 'ban the bomb' campaigners, shop assistants and much much more. There really is something for everyone and I don't think I'll ever tire of browsing through it. Even my 16yr old daughter loves it. If you're even slightly interested in style & fashion, you won't be disappointed. This book is definitely a welcome addition to my coffee table.

One is Fun (Coronet Books)
One is Fun (Coronet Books)
by Delia Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough pictures., 3 Jun. 2011
I'm not much of a cook so I like books with plenty of pictures (preferably step-by-step!) so I'm reassured that I'm doing something right! This book was full of writing and hardly any pictures. Even pictures of the finished meal were short in supply. So it's being returned. Disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 6:47 PM GMT

Growing Citrus: The Essential Gardener's Guide
Growing Citrus: The Essential Gardener's Guide
by Martin Page

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Invaluable, 15 May 2011
Having emigrated to Portugal and found myself with 6 citrus trees, this book has provided me with the information I need to make sure I care for them in a non patronising, enthusiastic way. The illustrations are great too.

Ferplast Siesta Deluxe 6 Plastic Bed Silver 62 X 45 X 23.5 cm
Ferplast Siesta Deluxe 6 Plastic Bed Silver 62 X 45 X 23.5 cm
Offered by Capital Stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 15 May 2011
Like the other reviewer, my puppy managed to shred his fabric bed within a couple of days. I have lined this plastic bed with a soft blanket and he loves it! Even more importantly, he hasn't tried to chew it :o)

What I Wore Today: Fashion Remixed Online from Beijing to Berlin
What I Wore Today: Fashion Remixed Online from Beijing to Berlin

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 May 2011
I bought this for my teenage daughter as she is going through a stage of experimenting with her style. I thought the book might give her some inspiration but she's not at all impressed with it. She thinks the girls featured are all a bit too ordinary. The FaceHunter book was much more what she was looking for.

Irregular Choice Women's Spoilt Rotten Blue Multi Mary Jane 3908-4B 6 UK
Irregular Choice Women's Spoilt Rotten Blue Multi Mary Jane 3908-4B 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful shoes - but not true to size, 15 May 2011
Yet again, I found that Irregular Choice shoes are on the small size. However, these shoes are so cute I've exchanged them for the next size up and they are perfect!

Toms University Espadrille Red Canvas - 7 Uk
Toms University Espadrille Red Canvas - 7 Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking shoes for a great cause, 15 May 2011
I love the idea behind Toms shoes and the shoes themselves are great looking and very comfortable. I bought these for myself but my teenage daughter hasn't stopped wearing them!

Mel Women's Citrus Mule Flat Cherry 30577 7 UK
Mel Women's Citrus Mule Flat Cherry 30577 7 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty - but poor sizing., 15 May 2011
Pretty sandals but if you have slim/narrow feet, you'll find that the decorative bow strap is too wide to support your foot and your toes end up on the pavement! Not a good look. I had to send them back.

Handiscoop Easy Reach Poop Scoop, 80 cm
Handiscoop Easy Reach Poop Scoop, 80 cm

1.0 out of 5 stars Useful - but overpriced., 15 May 2011
This is a useful tool for picking up doggy waste from my garden but it's not very sturdy and very overpriced. I'm not hopeful it will last for long but we'll see...

UPDATE: The 'grasping' mechanism soon stopped working and I had to SHAKE the poo out of the grip of the gadget as it sticks shut. This makes the job more unpleasant than it needs to be. Manufacturer makes vacuous promises to replace the product that he clearly has no intention of following through. Have now replaced it with a more robust alternative that does the job more efficiently.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2014 11:55 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7