Profile for Steve Auty > Reviews

Content by Steve Auty

Steve Auty (Rochdale, Lancashire)

Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover, 325ml
Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover, 325ml
Offered by Autoshop Bury

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product - effortless!, 13 Jun. 2014
Bottom half of my car was covered in tar stains from recent local road "redressing" (a useless way of resurfacing roads in my opinion!). Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover shifted the tar within seconds without having to use much elbow grease at all! Although quite a bit more expensive than other so-called tar removers (e.g. Astonish Tar and Insect Remover, which doesn't work at all on tar) it's a premium product and does what it's supposed to do. Thoroughly recommended, you won't be disappointed.

Astonish C1576 750ml Tar and Insect Remover
Astonish C1576 750ml Tar and Insect Remover
Offered by REMI DIRECT

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - don't waste your money!, 13 Jun. 2014
Bought this product from my local motorists accessories shop, priced at £2.99, with the aim of removing tar stains from my car. BEWARE - this product is absolutely useless for removing tar! It might work at removing insects but I can't comment on that. Looking at the active ingredients it says " ... <5% Anionic and Amphoteric surfactants ... ", which is also what most domestic bathroom cleaners contain, so hardly surprising it doesn't shift tar. Tar removers need to be solvent based. Bought a bottle of Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover (which I now wish I had done in the first place), priced at £6.49, and it shifted the tar within seconds with hardly any effort! Don't waste your money on the Astonish product. Deserves no stars rather than one.

The Essential Alison Krauss
The Essential Alison Krauss

4.0 out of 5 stars The Essential Alison Krauss, 25 July 2009
I'm just starting to get into country/bluegrass music a little bit (Nickel Creek, K T Oslin, Dixie Chicks), and this is the first Alison Krauss album I have bought on the strength of having heard some tracks on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show a couple of weeks ago. Pre-ordered it on Amazon and it arrived today (Saturday 25th July), two days ahead of its release date!

I was already familiar with some of the tracks e.g. "Restless", "The Lucky One", "Baby, now that I've found you", "When you say nothing at all" having heard them on the radio in the past, and those tracks helped me to decide to buy this CD.

Not disappointed with the remaining tracks, and the first track on the album, "Simple Love" is probably already my favourite - moves me to tears.

Alison Krauss has a beautiful voice and I'm sure this CD will inspire me to buy other albums of hers.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2009 12:34 PM BST