Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit
Profile for Mr. K. L. Coxon > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. L. Coxon

Mr. K. L. Coxon (Durham, UK)

Batman: Detective Comics Vol. 1: Faces of Death (The New 52) (Batman - Detective Comics)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 24 Oct. 2013
I was really getting into this book and felt like it was heading into exciting territory, however sadly it felt like it just petered out. Hopefully this is just the beginning and the next few books bring the story together, but at present I was a little disappointed after the initial excitement.

How NOT to be a Football Millionaire - Keith Gillespie My Autobiography
How NOT to be a Football Millionaire - Keith Gillespie My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars The truest biography, 14 Oct. 2013
Keith was my hero as an 8 year old boy after watching him train at Durham, and here 20 years later I'm reading about his "fall from grace" as they call it. But I think it's and excellent book and so refreshing to hear a story that isn't all self promotion and "oh look at me, look how well I did"

All you get here is the truth and despite all his faults and mistakes he's still my hero, for being himself and telling it how it is, when he could have hid like most people would.

The Time Machine Did It
The Time Machine Did It

4.0 out of 5 stars Utterly insane!, 11 July 2013
It's hard to work out whether John is a creative genius or is just completely insane.

One thing for sure though is that their is nothing else out their that comes close to making me laugh out loud, compared to this book.

If you find unexplained random ramblings, as funny as I do, then you'll love this book!

Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham City

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 22 Jan. 2013
Whilst the artwork & storyline building are strong, I felt a little disappointed that the story is so short. It felt like it had great potential and I was just getting into it when it seemed cut short.

Shame cause it really had potential to be so much more!

The kindle comic storyboard mode is good fun mind you.

Bobby Robson: Farewell but not Goodbye - My Autobiography: Farewell but not Goodbye - My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend, 1 Jan. 2013
A book that you just can't put down. I just wish he could sit in front of me and tell these stories forever.

Oh and I really should point out this book was recommended to me by a Sunderland season ticket holder!

Nineteen Eighty-Four (Penguin Modern Classics)
Nineteen Eighty-Four (Penguin Modern Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 31 Dec. 2012
As a 27 year old who recently felt like a veil had been lifted in the world, my journey brought me to this book.

All I want to say is I believe this book should be studied in school, however I also believe once you read this mind-altering book you'll probably be quick to conclude their are reasons it's overlooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its certainly a treat!, 21 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Treats After Tea (MP3 Download)
Length:: 1:45 Mins

Treats After Tea

Some of the profits going to a very good cause! What more reason to spend 79p?

Cops and Robbers (Picture Puffin)
Cops and Robbers (Picture Puffin)
by Allan Ahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Generations have enjoyed this book!, 5 July 2009
As a 24 year old dad, I still remember reading this book as a child myself, now reading it to my 4 year old son who loves it as much as myself its fantastic!!