Profile for A. Mccoll > Reviews

APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit
APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit
Offered by SushiPeaceUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked straight out the box, 7 Oct. 2013
I know these genuine parts are more expensive than some copies, but well worth it, the device worked perfectly. I wouldnt trust some of the cheaper parts, which are abit hit and miss if they work or not - and would invalidate your gaurante if they went wrong. Well worth the extra few pounds.

Belkin Leather Magnetic Case for The 3rd Generation New iPad - Black
Belkin Leather Magnetic Case for The 3rd Generation New iPad - Black
Offered by E Supplier

1.0 out of 5 stars Belkin iPad 3 leather cover - sleep function, 1 Jun. 2012
I wanted a substantial cover which would allow me to carry my iPad in my bag and not worry about getting scratched on either the screen or the rear cover.

The cover looks very good and appears to made of real leather, the iPad fits well into the four corner clips and it also has a slightly bigger hole for the camera, as the iPad 3 does have a slightly larger diameter lens.

On the down side the flap for closing the whole thing up spoils the appearance when the iPad is in use, it just sits there like a forgotten part, no big deal really, it just rather spoils the unit.

However, this particular cover is being returned, as it does not put the iPad to sleep - this was only realised the second time the iPad battery was completey flat.

If this feature worked I would be reasonably happy with the product. Having read some other reviews it would seem that the sleep function does work, just not on every cover.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2012 4:34 PM BST

Mdr-V6 Lightweight Stereo Headphones - Sony
Mdr-V6 Lightweight Stereo Headphones - Sony

5.0 out of 5 stars Monitor this - sounds amazing......, 11 May 2010
Bought these after reading reviews on Amazon, I think I got a bit of a bargain at under sixty pounds, I have seen them advertised at double that eleswhere.

I got them to use in my home music studio, and they made an incredible difference to my sound. They were so good I then started using them on the train with my ipod, the sound difference was quite simply staggering - a different world.

They do sound like monitor headphones and in my opinion reflect how the music is recorded and not how it normally sounds through more "commercial" style headphones.

They are comfortable for wearing a couple of hours at a time, sound great and are very very good value, I would prefer a "straight" cable than the coiled one, which I do find gets caught up occasionaly, however it does not detract from an otherwise "prefessional" sound at a very amateur price.

I may soon need a second set of headphones and if/when I do I would simply buy another set, that, I think, is a good reflection of the product.

iTALKonline Power Plus UK 3 Pin Mains Charger For Nokia 1200, 1208, 1209, 1650, 2600 Classic, 2630, 2680 Slide, 2760, 3109 Classic, 3110 Classic, 3110 Evolve, 3120 Classic, 3250, 3500 Classic, 3600 Slide, 5000, 5070, 5200, 5220, 5300, 5310, 5320, 5500, 5610, 5700, 5800 Xpress Music, 6070, 6080, 6085, 6086, 6101, 6103, 6110 Navigator, 6111, 6120 Classic, 6124, 6125, 6131, 6136, 6151, 6210 Navigator, 6212 Classic, 6220 Classic, 6233, 6234, 6267, 6270, 6280, 6288, 6290, 6300, 6300i, 6301, 6500 Slide, 6555, 660

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 11 May 2010
My work phone charger packed up, and it was easier to buy myself a new charger that go through the IT Department for a replacement.

Arrived in good time and works perfectly. Has been doing so for some time now

A clear bargain, compared to the original and worth the few pounds paid.

Integral i-Pro - Flash memory card - 1 GB - 40x - CompactFlash
Integral i-Pro - Flash memory card - 1 GB - 40x - CompactFlash

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash Memory - used for BOSS BR-600, 11 May 2010
I paid a few quid for this, just to try to have a back up for my BOSS BR-600. (A digital music recorder)

It arrived quickly and well packaged, I formatted it on my PC and it worked perfectly on the BOSS.

I had already ordered an "original" memory card for the BOSS and paid through the nose for it, my advice would be to buy yourself a "spare" at this price, as they are becoming more difficult (and expensive) to get a hold of.

[DEFAULT] Kitchen Craft Potato Peeler and Salad Spinner White- boxed
[DEFAULT] Kitchen Craft Potato Peeler and Salad Spinner White- boxed

3.0 out of 5 stars Manual potato peeler, 11 May 2010
Bought this as a replacement for my 20 year old peeler which had a cracked handle.

At under twenty pound it was a bit of a bargain, and I could never find one when out shopping, so I took the plunge and ordered it.

The peeler arrived in good time and was packaged well, first impressions were that it was not quite as good quality as my previous item, on using it for the first time I found it did leak some water when peeling potatoes, and had to adjust my technique to avoid a soaking.

Now that it has been in use for a while I can say that it does the task, but it does have a bit of a leak, and I can't imagine that this one will last twenty years, even although it is only used two or three times a month.

Overall if you use this item every day, I would look out for something of better quality, if you are like me - an occasional user- and need a replacement but can never remember to find/look for one and have come across this then buy it, you cant go too far wrong.

Bosch TAS4012GB Tassimo Coffee Maker, Black
Bosch TAS4012GB Tassimo Coffee Maker, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy in a long time...., 11 May 2010
I had been trying to get a black Tassimo for some months, but virtually everywhere was out of stock, plenty of silver or stainless ones available however the silver is more a sort of light grey and the stainless ones cost a fortune.
After a few weeks I discovered a black one on Amazon, and promptly ordered it. In my eyes it was a genuine bargain, they usually retail in the large department / electrical stores for considerably more. I would suggest that you do your homework before ordering as there are vast differences in prices, with identical machines, and bigger still differences on the colour/finish.

Onto the actual machine, the coffee is as good as you would get anywhere, even all the specialist coffees. Hot chocolate is fantastic, especially with a small brandy for these cold nights. The machine is a little bit noisy, but against some of the big commercial machines its actually very quiet.

The pods are expensive to buy, however in my opinion they are worth every penny and most supermarkets havea good variety at reasonable prices. All in all 10/10, best toy I have ever bought.

Secret, Profane and Sugarcane
Secret, Profane and Sugarcane
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Blue? - Almost as good?, 5 Nov. 2009
I didn't know what to expect with this Album, I had not heard any tracks on it before purchase, I only bought it as I thought it might be "intresting" to hear how Costello had changed since his last visit to the country scene.

The sound quality and musicianship is first class, and his voice has remained much the same, I am not too sure if I actually remember too much of Almost Blue, but this was to me a less commercial adventure, from my memory.

Did I enjoy it? My IPod says I do, with some songs already played over twenty times.