Profile for Kingsley Starling > Reviews

Content by Kingsley Starling

Kingsley Starling "Konsultancy" (Berkshire, England)

Windows Server® 2008 Inside Out (PRO-Other)
Windows Server® 2008 Inside Out (PRO-Other)
by William R. Stanek

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb reference for Windows Server and much more, 21 April 2008
Simply put, this book can almost be used as a single reference for Windows Server 2008, as well as previous Windows Server versions, whether you are an IT administrator, or an infrastructure consultant.

I've been designing infrastructure solutions based on Windows technology for many years and wanted to bring my knowledge up to date with WS2008. This book has a wealth of information from installing and configuring the OS to designing Active Directory and using Group Policy to manage the environment, analysing performance and event logs to advanced name resolution describing secondary and stub zones etc.

It also (thankfully) provides this information in an easily readable format, something that some books on such a topic have been a struggle to read.

Targus Optical Super Mini Retractable Mouse
Targus Optical Super Mini Retractable Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for young children..., 2 Dec. 2004
Bought this for my 5 yr old daughter who keeps borrowing my Targus Mini mouse and never puts it back in my bag. It is perfect for her, too small in my opinion for an adult, but for children it is spot on.

"Which?" Book of Wiring and Lighting
"Which?" Book of Wiring and Lighting
by Mike Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, well laid out and very informative!!, 23 Mar. 2002
I wanted as much information as possible to help with a complete rewire but thought I'd start with a book that gave me the basic information in an easy to read book. This book gave me both!! Clear diagrams, photographs and explanations is helping me through a complete rewire of the whole house including additional external circuits for my workshop. Everything i need to know before calling out the Electricity board to test and connect me up.