Profile for Janea > Reviews

Content by Janea

Janea "Janea" (Bracknell, Berks United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Charm King
Charm King

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 17 May 2016
This review is from: Charm King (App)
Love this game. Good graphics.
Fun gameplay. Great time waster.

The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy Book 1)
The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the second book, 7 May 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the follow up. It made me think and at times made me feel very uncomfortable.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent charger for all your gadgets., 7 May 2016
At first I wasn't entirely sure how this worked as the third pin was pushed down, making the device look as though it didn't fit standard UK sockets, so an brief instruction sheet would have been handy. However, once I looked again at the photos on here I worked out that the pin needed to be pulled upwards.

I use it to charge my Kindle Fire HDX and my Android phone. It is definitely much faster than the charger which came with both these gadgets - and you can use The Tarantech device to charge two at once. What's not to like!

Black Moon
Black Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars ELP back on form, 7 May 2016
This review is from: Black Moon (MP3 Download)
After a long hiatus which was broken by the less than satisfactory In The Hot Seat, this album sees ELP back on form. For me, the highlights are the bombastic Paper Blood, the title track, Black Moon and a wonderful version of Romeo & Juliet - which many will recognise as the theme chosen by The Apprentice. The album has its softer, Greg Lake moments too with Affairs of The Heart and Footprints In The Snow. Also, throughout the album there are messages about what the world has become, the capitalist society etc which Greg feels strongly about. This was their last studio album and it is great to see them finish in fine form.

Sadly, the untimely death of Keith Emerson means there will definitely be no more new music from this trio of great musicians.

50 Great 70s Rock Classics
50 Great 70s Rock Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice of tracks, 7 May 2016
Excellent choice of tracks. These all take me back to my teen years and suddenly I am 17 again. A great blend of classic rock, glam rock. punk and prog - each of these songs are evocative of my youth and I can remember where I was when I first heard them. Got me tapping my feet, dancing round the room and signing into the mirror with a hairbrush as a mic. Love it!

Big Big Train - Stone and Steel [Blu-ray]
Big Big Train - Stone and Steel [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Big Big Train

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Big Blu-Ray, 23 Mar. 2016
I am a relative newcomer to this band - having first discovered them on release of their first English Electric album. I have become enthralled by their melodic songs and excellent lyrics, covering subjects such as Swan Hunter shipyard, the English countryside, mining and art forgers.

When the band decided they wanted to attempt to put together a live show, they got together in Real World Studios to rehearse and filmed the process. This was followed by three sell-out shows at King's Place in London in August 2015. Stone and Steel is the result of these endeavours and I have to say the whole thing is top class.

The video is crystal clear and Rob Aubrey's sound is also pristine. When you watch it in 5.1 sound, you are enveloped by the beauty of it all and it feels as if you are right there, in the middle of it.

The accompanying package is packed full of photographs from Real World and King's Place and is a joy to behold. All-in-all a simply perfect package and I would recommend it to anyone.

Lifesigns 'Live in London - Under The Bridge' [DVD]  [NTSC]
Lifesigns 'Live in London - Under The Bridge' [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ John Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Live music at its very best., 29 Feb. 2016
I have been to see Lifesigns many times and have always been impressed by them. This DVD was recorded last year at the stunning Under The Bridge venue and I had the great pleasure of being at the filming. The band have obviously worked very hard to get optimum sound and video.

The sound is pristine - you can hear every single note, every harmony - and wow, those harmonies are so tight! The lighting is spot on and the camera angles give a great perspective on all that is going on on stage.

Masterminded by John Young, on keyboards and vocals, the songs are both easily accessible yet complicated at the same time. The bulk of the songs are from the self-titled debut album, Lifesigns, but they also include a couple of numbers from the John Young Band and some new, previously unreleased numbers too. The set has a real feelgood factor about it. All are excellent musicians and this DVD shows just how good they are.

The whole band are obviously enjoying themselves and have a great connection with the audience too - as you can see by their smiling faces. And who says you can't dance to prog? This audience obviously can!

I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves good, intelligent music. Why aren't Lifesigns HUGE? They really should be, as evidenced by "Live in London - Under The Brigde".

ZANZEA Women's Sexy Casual Summer Lace Round Neck Short Sleeve Princess Dress Party Ball Gown

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, good value dress, 17 Feb. 2016
I bought this for a cruise in June. I am hoping to lose some weight before then, but thought I'd try anyway. It arrived quicker than expected and is a lovely fit, very comfortable and good material. The material is stretchy, so that whilst it fits me well now, when I lose weight it will still fit without hanging off me. I bought the blue one and it is a beautiful colour too.

BBC iPlayer Radio
BBC iPlayer Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on my Kindle Fire HDX, 11 Feb. 2016
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
Easy to navigate smooth connections and excellent sound. My most used app on my Kindle Fire HDX - where I mostly listen to drama downloads or live radio.

The Art of Melody
The Art of Melody

5.0 out of 5 stars Long-awaited but brilliant, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Art of Melody (Audio CD)
We have been waiting a long time for Robert John Godfrey to release an album of his piano compositions, but The Art of Melody proves that a good thing is well worth waiting for.

RJG has taken some themes familiar to his followers and expanded on them to bring an album of rare beauty. His accompanying orchestrations perfectly compliment his piano playing. Hopefully this will gain him a wider audience and establish him once and for all amongst the greatest composers of his generation with the Classic FM and Radio 3 afficiandos.

This is a must-have for everyone who loves piano music and for all fans of Robert John Godfrey and his band The Enid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2013 10:47 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3