Profile for Synnoeve Pedersen > Reviews

Content by Synnoeve Pedersen

Synnoeve Pedersen

Elegant Crystal Bowl, Fruit Bowl, Salad Bowl, Ideal for dinner parties, Collection "SERAFINA", 24 cm, transparent (GERMAN CRYSTAL powered by CRISTALICA)

5.0 out of 5 stars it is so stylish and beautiful that people have commented it, 25 Nov. 2016
exelente, very goood product. that is why I have bought two of this elegant bowl. it is so stylish and beautiful that people have commented it.It is always nice to buy something from Germany. and Cristalica be cause it is always so thorough when I receive it.Thank you, danke.

Anne Neville: Richard III's Tragic Queen
Anne Neville: Richard III's Tragic Queen
by Amy Licence

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a good book, 4 Mar. 2014
You get to some extent an insight in the womens world in this book,but it is just as much about the men.I do not like Anne Neville.I dont think she was good to Richard.In the spring of 1483 she was conniving,cunning,cynical,and businesslike even in her marrige.She did all the things Richard did not like.She was manipulateing him and pushing him to accept the throne.anne loved Richard the king,but not Richard the man .Anne was warwicks daugther,and never forgot what her father had told her:Always remember your great name and that the ambition was that she should be queen one day. Her sister Isabelle often told her that she was childlike if we are to belive Sharon Key Pennan.Anne was not only the victim of circumstances

Clash of Crowns: William the Conqueror, Richard Lionheart, and Eleanor of Aquitaine - A Story of Bloodshed, Betrayal, and Revenge
by Mary McAuliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 4 Mar. 2014
This is a short book that tells alot.I whould particualarly recommend this to my fellow norwegian citizen.Get educated before talking.There is a norwegian proverb that it is typical norwegian to be GOOD,and this book proves that proverb WRONG.I find interesting to read good books like this.I learned something about my own culture.also the present day one,when I read this book.Nothing new under the sun I was thinking when I read it.I find it embarrassing to say I am from the land of the Vikings,especiallywhen I am abroad.To all of you others thar is that fortunated of not being of norwegian decendence. I can recommend it.By the way I would say there is many norwegians that is just like Lionheart to day. Attogent and larger than like in their own conceit

Richard III's 'Beloved Cousyn'
Richard III's 'Beloved Cousyn'
by John Ashdown-Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars This was very elucidating and interesting, 27 Nov. 2013
Frist I want to prais Ashdown-Hill for his meticulous scrutiny, I should say ,of Richard and everything that surrounded him.That makes Ashdown-Hill reliable.I am sure that it would be many things that people dont know about John Howard as well as Richard111.You also learn to know how enterprising Howard was,and how many things he was involved in.It might be that he could be one of the suspects respecting the disappearance of the princes in the tower,and the reason why.After reading this book I saw things in a different perspective,and it seems reasonable and credible.I am sure I am sooner or later going to read the other books of John Ashdown-Hill.This book is a must.

Betrayal of Richard III
Betrayal of Richard III
by V. B. Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice account, 27 Nov. 2013
I fin briefd the old books about Richard 111 the best one, and this is one of them.First you will get the history of Richard 3 in brief.Afterwards you will have a thorougt ,and how account of how Richard was betrayed,and what tacticts and propaganda Henry 7 used to destroy Richards reputation.I find it eerie, be cause things like that could also happen to day.You also get a sense of what .mean and coward person Henry Tudor was(I for one can not stand him).It is also obvious how it bothered him that he was sitting on an other mans throne,and then he had to kill all those who could reveal him.The author underlines the good character traits Richard had,and all his good accomplishments.I really liked the book,and hope other people also will do too.The old books are the best one.

The Plantagenets: History of a Dynasty
The Plantagenets: History of a Dynasty
by J. S. Hamilton

4.0 out of 5 stars this is a nice and readable book, 27 Nov. 2013
I really enjoyed this book,and it was easy to read.You get the basic information about five of the Platagenet Kings from Henry111,to Richard11.The author of the book is impartial and not prejudiced so that made it pretty enjoyable to read it. I can recommend this book to others

Good King Richard? An Account of Richard III and his Reputation, 1483-1983
Good King Richard? An Account of Richard III and his Reputation, 1483-1983
by Jeremy Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Jeremy Potter a brilliant defender of King Richard, 26 Aug. 2013
It was so good to read a book that was so positiv towards King Richard.Jeremy Potter has done a really good job here.Potter underlines Richards good traits, and good deeds like no one else has done (appart from Anette Carson as far as I have read).It made me happy to read this book. In this book Potter tells a story about that even in Henry 8 there were people asserting the way King Richard 3 was pitlessly murdered and mutilated could be compared to Jesus Christ. I have had the same thoughts, so it was nice to read it black on white.The author also means that even though Richard had killed the Princes in the tower, all the good things he did for his county would weigh up for it.King Richard could not have a better defender. to people that has not read this book,I would recommend it Long live the King, and Jeremy Potter!!!!!

Richard III : His Life & Character
Richard III : His Life & Character
by Sir Clements E. Markham

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant account from Sir Clements E. Markham, 12 July 2013
Til now this book is the best I have read about Richard 3,and I really loved to read it ,could not stop, so I give it full pot. Markham twists and turn every single event, and deals with the events and pe alway rersons in the story in just and fair way. It is not only Richard thats in the dock, but also Henry Tudor.Markham is also very informative, and I learned things that I didn`t knew.I always remember what Markham tells in this book when I read other books on the subject,and if there should be any inconsistancies between the authors, I lend credence to Markham,so I would recommend this book to others. Old is gold

Richard III: The Maligned King
Richard III: The Maligned King
by Annette Carson

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done! to the author, 6 Jun. 2013
The book is painstakingly dokumented and well written, but the old English quotes are a bit heavy for me, and then you might missing out on something.I hope the book can contribute to restore Richard`s reputation.

The Daughter of Time
The Daughter of Time
by Josephine Tey

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating story., 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Daughter of Time (Hardcover)
it is well written in plain English. it is without all these old- English quotes that could be difficult to understand.Aiso old norwegian and norse is difficult. The book is also sometimes humoristic .You get a little insight of how a policeman/woman would view the case, and you learn to discern right(facts) from wrong(gossip,hearsay,and rumour etc) and it is objective as good aThen the history turns out completely different way.For me the book is brilliant, God bless King Richard 3, poor guy.