Profile for E. Walker > Reviews

Content by E. Walker

E. Walker (North Staffordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Kipling DEFEA, Women's Top-handle Bag, Blue (42W Alaskan Blue)
Kipling DEFEA, Women's Top-handle Bag, Blue (42W Alaskan Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 July 2017
I bought this to replace an older version of the same bag, I have tried different styles and materials but kept going back to my old favourite which was beginning to show it's age so I ordered this bag. Apart from a couple of minor differences, lining and the internal pockets are larger it is essentially my favourite bag in a darker colour....so so useful the pockets can hold everything you need and make them easy to find, the capacity is such that on holiday it can hold the extras (kindle, suncream) or a small amount of shopping.
Suffice to say I love this bag 😃

The Keeper of Lost Things: The feel-good novel of the year
The Keeper of Lost Things: The feel-good novel of the year

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring me Sunshine 😉, 15 July 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, fell a little in love with Bomber and Sunshine and despite the sadness felt it was a happy reading experience ☺

Closed Casket: The New Hercule Poirot Mystery
Closed Casket: The New Hercule Poirot Mystery

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my Poirot, 2 April 2017
As a long time Christie fan I'd been looking forward to reading this, I was so disappointed, not gripped, didn't care what happened to any of the awful characters including Poirot... awful! will stick with the originals.

Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker & Fitness Watch - Blue/Large
Fitbit Alta Activity Tracker & Fitness Watch - Blue/Large

1.0 out of 5 stars Short lived, 29 Mar. 2017
I loved it for the 6 weeks it worked, today it just stopped, can't charge it, can't see a display it has just stopped !

Womens Real Suede Australian Mules Open Toe Slippers - Black - UK8/EU41 - YC0414

3.0 out of 5 stars Black feet, 20 Feb. 2017
Love these slippers but they are wide fitting, great for me but probably too wide for most people. Also the soles of my feet are black from the dye, hopefully that will stop eventually 😞

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

3.0 out of 5 stars a modern classic v Dickens parody, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I did need to read all of this book and I did care about Will....but oh dear there are some lazy stereotypes!
It is set mainly in 2009 when there definitely would have been support benefits the family could claim despite the fact they were working, child tax credits, carers allowance, working tax credit..... why were the family living like victorian paupers? I half expected them to start fretting about Grandad ending up in the workhouse! Where were the health professionals? health visitor? stroke rehab nurses?
As for the council estate, please, not everything you read in the daily mail is true you know!
A shame Ms Moyes didn't spend a little more time on her research because the story is basically a good one, a pity it spent so much time on an area that was misrepresentative and the relationships that surround Will, were, in the main, ignored.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2015 7:55 PM BST

Crocs Cleo III Flat, Women's Sandals - Off White (Oyster/Gold), 8 UK (41-42 EU)
Crocs Cleo III Flat, Women's Sandals - Off White (Oyster/Gold), 8 UK (41-42 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday present, 30 July 2014
I bought these for myself, confident they would be a good fit as I have had crocs in the past but unfortunately I have a wide foot and they were just too tight! My daughter takes the same size but narrower and it was almost her birthday so she tried them, loved them and has worn them everyday since they arrived, so a good result in the end!

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Feb. 2014
a moving excursion into the mind of someone coping with life and death and family, I am recommending this book to everyone!

The Goldfinch
The Goldfinch

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit of a marathon, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Goldfinch (Kindle Edition)
I was quickly drawn in to this story, but soon began to lose patience with the main character and as the story moved on very, very slowly at times, I did begin to weary of the constant self analysing and self pity. The overall message was a good one but the book became tedious with just enough interest left towards the end to stick with it.

The Vegetarian Option
The Vegetarian Option
by Simon Hopkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Vegetarian Option (Hardcover)
some vegetarian cookbooks have an evangelical feel, not this one its a good read, with interesting recipes and a very interesting view point, one which seems to taken up more and more. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy eating vegetarian!!!

Page: 1 | 2