Profile for nyc_columbia > Reviews

nyc_columbia (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Backjoy BJCAM001 Back Relief/ Core Black
Backjoy BJCAM001 Back Relief/ Core Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Product doesn't work at all, and seller (Two Silly Children) wouldn't take it back, 21 Feb. 2015
Horrible. Product doesn't work at all -- provides no back or other support whatsoever. The only thing that decides if you will sit up straight in the correct posture for your back is you -- this "cushion" won't do it.

To add insult to injury, when I tried to return the product to the seller (Two Silly Children) with the reason that the product doesn't work -- the seller wouldn't accept it. Seller was Two Silly Children.

Unless you enjoy throwing your money down the drain, don't buy this product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job brilliantly - and great for wide doors, 21 July 2013
just perfect. had gotten another over-the-door hanger from a well-known, expensive home storage retailer which didn't work -- it said it was for wide doors but took a lot of struggling to get it on, only had 3 hooks (not enough) and the hooks themselves stuck out so far they hit the wall in some cases. this one was 1/3 of the price, fit the door perfectly, with hooks that are sturdy but shallow enough to not cause any damage to the wall. I even hang keys on this one, which I couldn't have done on the one that cost 3x as much. very happy, have ordered several more.

SET OF 3 SMALL CREAM ENAMEL HERB / PLANT BUCKET OR POT PLANTER WITH HANDLE
SET OF 3 SMALL CREAM ENAMEL HERB / PLANT BUCKET OR POT PLANTER WITH HANDLE
Offered by Nicks Floral supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars do the job, 21 July 2013
these planters are exactly as described, great quality, do what they're designed to do. hard to fault that. I ordered 6 -- use 4 as planters and 2 to hold flatware when we cook outdoors. great for both uses.

Telescopic storage shelf rack bathroom kitchen storage caddy shelving unit
Telescopic storage shelf rack bathroom kitchen storage caddy shelving unit
Offered by DEUBA GmbH & Co. KG.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect storage for tight spaces, 21 July 2013
I did a LOT of looking, and this was the only shelving solution that worked for the limited space we had in our bathroom. Shelves are shallow but wide enough for towel storage, which is why we use it. Adjustability of the shelves is perfect -- I set up ours so that all 3 shelves sit above the towel-warming rack underneath.

Only downside is that with the springs inside the poles, the poles were way too tight to fit my normal-height ceilings (would be perfect for tall ceilings). I took out the springs and put rubber furniture feet underneath the poles to fill the space and stabilize. Other people may not have this problem. Still give it 5 stars for the fact no one else is offering what turned out to be a perfect storage solution for us.

OXO Steel Wine Stopper and Pourer
OXO Steel Wine Stopper and Pourer

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved and used my 1st one so much I'm on my 2nd, 21 July 2013
I'm an avid drinker of (good) wine, and received my first one of these as a gift. Could not have been happier with it. It stops and pours, so you open a bottle, stick in and leave until the bottle's done. Used my first one so much I wore it out (after 2 years the tread started coming off) and just got my 2nd. So far and just as good. Highly recommended.

Shoe Insoles - Memory Foam Moulds To Feet. One Size Fits All.
Shoe Insoles - Memory Foam Moulds To Feet. One Size Fits All.
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly as it should for a sweet price, 25 Oct. 2012
I love memory foam insoles, and have paid a lot more than this in the past to get them. These do the same job at the same quality for a lot less money. Have worn this pair once, and the quality seems just as good to me as the more expensive ones.

2 Litre (72 oz) Tall Concierge Teapot in Stainless Steel
2 Litre (72 oz) Tall Concierge Teapot in Stainless Steel
Offered by Perfekt Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great, works well, 25 Oct. 2012
Ordered a second one as my husband burned the first; wanted the same one again. Attractive tea pot, good size, very light weight but sturdy, handle stays cool. Does everything it's supposed to and looks great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 4:19 PM BST

Bose ® QuietComfort ® 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose ® QuietComfort ® 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, but just didn't cancel the noise, 24 Oct. 2012
Having owned several Bose speakers over the past 15+ years, I'm a Bose loyalist. I'm also a frequent traveler and wanted noise-canceling headphones. After checking both Consumer Reports and Amazon reviews on QuietComfort 15's and the QuietComfort 3's, I chose the 3's since they are newer.

The good: they're extremely comfortable, love the memory foam around the ears, they're smaller and lighter and look more streamlined and modern than the QuietComfort 15's. Sound quality is also very good. The bad: they just don't cancel enough noise.

I used these on a Paris/London round trip on the Eurostar. Even with the noise-canceling function turned on and my music playing, I could clearly hear the noise around me, including the incessant rattling of the crisps bags of the couple sitting behind me.

As the noise canceling function is the reason I'm paying a premium, I returned these since that bit just didn't work. I got the QuietComfort 15's instead. These cover the ears entirely, really block out the noise and I've been very happy with them.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2013 6:53 PM BST

Mens Socks, 5 Pairs, 6-8 UK, 39-42 EU, Soft Loop cuff without elastic Diabetic Socks

5.0 out of 5 stars Really do the job, 24 Oct. 2012
Bought these for my husband, who sometimes gets purpura and swollen ankles. When that happens he can't wear any other socks than these. He loves them - says they're very comfortable.

Fur Faux Blanket Bed Sofa Soft Mink 200x240cm by Elizabeth Jayne
Fur Faux Blanket Bed Sofa Soft Mink 200x240cm by Elizabeth Jayne
Offered by WYNN24

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 24 Oct. 2012
I've found similar faux fur throws in large department stores and boutiques -- this one is the same quality at 1/3 the price.

Absolutely love it! Easily the most comfortable blanket we've ever owned, even more than our other faux fur blanket. Incredibly soft, huge, warm, and a beautiful colour (mink).

Been using for nearly a year now with no sign of wear at all. Also the dog's favourite blanket, so she's getting her own.

Good looking, functional (warm + machine washable) and super comfortable. Can't ask for much more.

Page: 1 | 2