Profile for kikapika > Reviews

Content by kikapika

kikapika

Belkin 15 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Neoprene Choc/Tourmaline
Belkin 15 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Neoprene Choc/Tourmaline

5.0 out of 5 stars ... using this for a couple of years now - great protective case, 17 April 2015
I've been using this for a couple of years now - great protective case, keeps my laptop free from scratches in my bag without adding extra bulk or weight.

IVSO® Samsung Galaxy TAB 2 P5100 P5110 Slim Smart Cover Case (Red)
IVSO® Samsung Galaxy TAB 2 P5100 P5110 Slim Smart Cover Case (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 April 2015
Very nice, sleek cover. Protects my tablet without adding any extra bulk.

101 Things I Learned in Architecture School
101 Things I Learned in Architecture School
by Matthew Frederick

5.0 out of 5 stars and this is a great book to flick through for ideas, 17 April 2015
I bought this book after reading an electronic version - I'm a UX designer who knew nothing about architecture, and this is a great book to flick through for ideas, inspiration and a bit of education!

No Title Available

I love lamps.

Rokono® (B10) BASS+ Mini Bluetooth Speaker for iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 Player / Laptop - Titanium Black
Offered by Gadget Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound quality is easily better than a mobile, 17 April 2015
Bought this as a present for someone who goes travelling. Tried it out before giving it to them, and I have to say, I don't have much experience with portable speakers but this really exceeded my expectations, especially for the price. The sound quality is easily better than a mobile, probably better than my laptop - it has a nice level of bass. But it also has a very nice, sleek look to it and a good weight - it feels like a high quality product (even the packaging is very appealing). I really love the design, and I think it could sit nicely (and unobtrusively) anywhere in my house. Looking at it, I wouldn't expect it to be such a good price - quite a bargain! It will make a great gift and I'm now thinking about who else I can buy one for, or just getting one for myself!

VonHaus Black Glass Computer Desk / Workstation with Tempered Glass Pull-Out Shelf Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little desk, 17 April 2015
Nice little desk, perfect for my small room and looks very sleek. The assembly instructions were clear with everything in separate packets. There were a couple of parts that were a bit fiddly to do on my own, but overall easy self assembly. It feels quite sturdy too, even with my big monitor on it - overall, a good quality product.

Melting Snowman - Stocking filler
Melting Snowman - Stocking filler
Offered by Snow Supermarket

This review is from: Melting Snowman - Stocking filler
Great little secret santa present!

It's Not Rocket Science: And other irritating modern cliches
It's Not Rocket Science: And other irritating modern cliches
by Clive Whichelow

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 7 Nov. 2010
This book is terrible. I bought it as a present for a friend as a bit of a joke, but it was so bad I had to send it back.

It does not contain any interesting information and reads like a boring rant. All it does is list a load of clichés and accompany each one with some mundane grumbling about how annoying it is. Many of them barely contain any explanation at all. For example, "Missing you already: Has anyone ever said this seriously? It seems to be exclusively ironic." As for the humour, this depends on whether you include slightly sarcastic, unintelligent comments in your definition of "humour". This is about as funny as it gets: "Popular Area: Yes of course it's a popular area. People live there. They live there because once upon a time someone built some houses there. It is therefore a popular area!"

Overall - avoid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2012 11:01 PM BST

A Girls' Guide to India - A Survivor's Handbook
A Girls' Guide to India - A Survivor's Handbook
by Louise Wates

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Aug. 2010
Interesting, useful and amusing - an enjoyable read that has left me feeling much better prepared for my trip. Highly recommended!