Profile for Miss J > Reviews

Miss J

Bean Bag PURPLE Cotton Extra Large Size
Bean Bag PURPLE Cotton Extra Large Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra Large Size Cotton Purple Bean Bag **, 21 Mar. 2011
Well it did say 'Extra Large', and I didn't believe it but it was true.
It certainly is big enough for an adult to use. Stuffed really compactly. I was tempted to remove some of the beans to use at a later date when it becomes saggier.
It would be much better if it had an inner bag to make cleaning easier.

Berghaus Mens Spectrum Warm Fleece Glove Black M
Berghaus Mens Spectrum Warm Fleece Glove Black M

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Mens Spectrum Warm Fleece Glove, 26 Feb. 2011
Very warm soft cosy gloves, as expected from Berghaus. Bought for a male but am likely to buy a smaller pair for myself next. Nice product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2011 5:53 PM GMT

Homescapes - White Duck FEATHER Pillow PAIR - Department Store Quality - Anti Dust Mite - Wash at Home Range - Medium / Soft Firmness - 100% Cotton Downproof Cover
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars Homescapes - White Duck FEATHER Pillow PAIR, 26 Feb. 2011
I'm so glad I bought this product. The next time I need to buy pillows this will probably be my choice again. The price was great. They arrived in a neat zipped storage bag. When I first opened them I thought they seemed a bit "twiggy" but when it came to sleeping on them they were lovely. None of that strange smell which some other feather pillows have.

Trends Richard Hammond's Its Possi-bubble
Trends Richard Hammond's Its Possi-bubble
Offered by ToyMonster

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't disappoint a child with this product., 24 Jan. 2011
I'm not often conned, but that's how I feel. In fact I was so annoyed I immediately told everyone I knew, NOT to buy this product. I bought this as a christmas present for my 7 year old as she is 'so into experiments'. She couldn't wait to get started. We opened the box together. It didn't look like much. A few straws, a little bottle of bubble mixture, oh, and some flimsy goggles. I thought I might be missing the point so I made sure I read the instructions first, before I jumped to conclusions about it being rubbish. Yep! I was definitely right. It was rubbish. Throughout the instruction booklet it tells you what you will need to perform the experiments ... most of which it says 'not included in this box'. There are things like, 'extra bubble mixture'. So why not include a bigger bottle? 6 extra straws. So why not include them in the box? It's a bit like selling a pack of playing cards., well, 26 of them, and telling you that you need another 26 (which are not included in the pack) to play the game. There were no real experiments and nothing worth gathering the extra materials for, so we never bothered. I don't have a great deal of money to spend on fancy stuff for my child so I thought a gift covering one of her favourite interests would be appreciated. Bless her, she tried to make me feel better about it by saying 'but the goggles are good mum!'

Don't Say It
Don't Say It

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for home or the classroom., 24 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Don't Say It (Toy)
I love this game! No complicated setting up so can be played almost anywhere. We've played it for 10 minutes in the kitchen while I finished cooking dinner and for much longer, in teams at a birthday party.
I bought it for a 7 year old but even the adults join in. It can get competitive and very funny depending on how you choose to describe the word on the card. It's surprising how desperate things can get when the buzzer warns that you're running out of time.
It's a great way of getting the kids to be a little more creative with language. Story writing in year 2 can be a little flat when it comes to desciption. Playing this game doesn't give them the answers but it does help them understand what 'description' means.
Small enough for a big pocket (without the buzzer)so you could take it almost anywhere.

Rucanor Abs Referee Whistle - Black, Large
Rucanor Abs Referee Whistle - Black, Large
Offered by O&O Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Rucanor Abs Referee Whistle, 18 Dec. 2010
I bought this whistle because I regularly need to get the attention of over 50 noisy kids.
It worked brilliantly. Not too shrill, so I didn't need to stick my fingers in my ears before using it. Glad I didn't get a louder one. Not sure if it's loud enough for use out on the field though, but perfect for indoors. I blow this whistle and they all know they have to stop and listen.