Profile for C. O'Hare > Reviews

Content by C. O'Hare

C. O'Hare "Paris Writer" (Paris, France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Love at First Bite [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Love at First Bite [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy good fun, 5 May 2014
I have always had the TV version of this movie on Videocassette. This version has some fun little bits that were removed from the TV version either to cut the running time or because they weren't appropriate for the time (a homosexual reference in a restaurant scene). I don't mind the song change in the famous dance scene. I'm now less distracted by the classic disco tune and can focus on the two dancing. I wish George could have been a little less wooden during the dance.

This spoof on horror films includes gags that fit in with that time period, like brown outs, communists, and bad traffic. One of my favorite scenes is where Dracula in his bat form is called a "yenta with scrawny legs" and a "black chicken", which proves that in New York, you become a bit jaded and fearless over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, flavorful tea, 17 July 2013
I have been drinking pu-erh tea for a few years. I prefer full-bodied tea, and now that I can get it in a blend with green jasmine tea, my other favorite tea, I'm very happy. As I travel with my own tea bags, having the tea availble in bags means that I can enjoy it while traveling too. Very nice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable except for front elastic piece, 14 Mar. 2012
I cannot wear shoes in the summer because my feet can swell up and get sore. I also have wobbly ankles, so I appreciated the ankle support these sandals offered. Most sandals offer no ankle support and only feeble straps. These sandals stretch as necessary, and my feet have breathing room.

I always wear socks with the sandals, though, because the front elastic band and the eyelets in the middle part, the first time I wore the sandals, created very bad blisters that took weeks to heal. I prefer wearing socks with sandals anyway, so it's no big deal for me. I also found the white Nike stripes too obvious, so I colored over them with a black permanent marker. If I wear black socks, no one notices that I'm wearing sandals, so I can wear them to work. The soles are not as thick as I'd like, and I add Scholl arch support inserts for my flat arches.

I've bought another pair for when my current ones (on their 2nd spring/summer) wear out, because nothing else like this exists with ankle support.

Lewis - Series 1-5 Complete [DVD]
Lewis - Series 1-5 Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Whately
Offered by TODO! TODO!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun series, confusing plots, 14 Mar. 2012
I have never seen the Morse series, but I am a great fan of murder mysteries and decided to try "Lewis". Oxford is a beautiful city in which to film, and the university buildings offer great interiors.

The plots are complex and layered, so much so that sometimes I had trouble keeping track of all the plots and subplots. Being a Yankee, I sometimes turned on the English subtitles to understand what was being said, as some of the accents were thicker than others.

The best part of the series is the evolution of the partnership of Lewis and Hathaway, his assistant, as well as Lewis's developing relationship with another regular series character. His troubles with his superior are also fun to watch.

I finished the last episode last night, and am sad to have no more episodes to look forward to.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2013 2:14 AM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious chocolate, 23 Nov. 2011
I found this chocolate when I was hanging out in Berlin on vacation. This is delicious dark chocolate flavored delicately with orange. The regular chocolate without the orange is lovely too. The tins are sturdy and great for use after they're empty (it doesn't take long to empty them) as craft tins for bits and bobs. Now I have friends bring this chocolate back for me when they go to Germany (I live in France).

Rock Me Gently Mellow Rock's Greatest Hits
Rock Me Gently Mellow Rock's Greatest Hits
Offered by vsmusic_com_us

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice music!, 29 July 2011
I've always liked the song "Rock Me Gently", and so this CD called to me. I also discovered "Wild Flower" and "Last Song", which are now favorites. I do also like "Here comes that rainy day feeling again" too. It's a nice mix of songs for a relaxed afternoon at home.

Celtic twilight Vol. 3 - Lullabies
Celtic twilight Vol. 3 - Lullabies
Offered by newagemusicstore

5.0 out of 5 stars A favorite CD, 29 July 2011
I've had this album on cassette for several years, and am finally upgrading to a CD. The music is so relaxing and energizing at the same time.

Rosemary & Thyme - Complete Series 3 [IMPORT] [DVD]
Rosemary & Thyme - Complete Series 3 [IMPORT] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Want more Rosemary & Thyme, 29 July 2011
These ladies of mystery and gardening are so lovely to watch. The shows give value for the price. I wish there had been more of this series. In this season they do quite a bit of traveling, and the people they visit are not always as they seem. Why can't there be more quality shows, where the main characters are quirky, complicated, and off-beat, as well as loveable?

Hamish MacBeth : Series 1-3 (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Hamish MacBeth : Series 1-3 (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and leaving me wanting more, 29 July 2011
What an enjoyable mixture of mystery, the absurd, and serious issues. I bought it because of Robert Carlyle, but the entire cast kept me watching. The supporting characters were given important stories and sub-stories. Even Jock, the dog, got his own moments of drama.

The locale is exquisite! Just for the scenery alone one can enjoy watching the show.

A few of the plots or character motivations were a bit confusing or obscure, but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the series and wish there had been more.

Rock Hudson: His Story
Rock Hudson: His Story
by Rock Hudson

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad story of a great person, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Rock Hudson: His Story (Paperback)
I've enjoyed Rock Hudson in movies and in "MacMillan and Wife". He shows a love of life and a big heart. This work was completed after his death and the writer only met him once, maybe twice. I do feel that I was given enough information to feel that I understand his life and frustrations; although one always has to take with a grain of salt remembrances and source materials. Seeing how lonely he seemed to be at the end, I felt that he deserved better from life and people who profited so much from him.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4