Profile for Basement Cat > Reviews

Content by Basement Cat

Basement Cat (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HALTI Retractable Tape Lead, with reflective strip and ergonomic gel feel handle. Medium, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nice lead, and so easy to use. My dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and this is just about the right size for him. We walk him in a built-up suburban area, partly with very wide grass verges, and in other places fairly narrow busy streets. It's very simple to adjust the lead for all these situations, and unlike other similar leads I've had, it stays locked in position. The unit is smaller than my other lead, which makes it lighter to hold, and the handle itself is covered in easy grip type rubber. I wouldn't say that the reflective strip is very visible, but it's just a very slight negative on a good product.

Scotch C38 19 mm x 8.89 m Dispenser and Tape 810 - Grey
Scotch C38 19 mm x 8.89 m Dispenser and Tape 810 - Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is great. It's big enough to not get lost amongst a pile of wrapping paper at Christmas, but not so big that it gets in the way when it's not being used. It's heavy enough to easily rip of a piece of tape with just one hand, and will make frantic present wrapping at Christmas much easier. It's got a nice solid feel about it, and a sturdy non-slip base to keep it on one place. Such a simple thing, but so useful.

Scotch 25.4mm x 25.4mm Restickable Dots (Pack of 18)
Scotch 25.4mm x 25.4mm Restickable Dots (Pack of 18)

2.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work, 9 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've lost count of the number of times either me, or other members of my household, have tried to re-stick a simple paper poster to a non-porous, gloss painted door. I gave it the dots the benefit of the doubt at first, but as I am writing this, the poster is again hanging upside down, just attached to the door by the bottom two of the six dots I used to stick it up. It's only a paper poster, not made of lead or slate or anything remotely heavy, so it's a shame that these aren't fit for the purpose as stated on the packet.

Manuka Doctor ApiRefine Targeted Wrinkle Filler 15 ml
Manuka Doctor ApiRefine Targeted Wrinkle Filler 15 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming, 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product claims that it will produce a tightening sensation, and that it is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles in 30 minutes. Given the warnings about testing the product before use for bee venom reactions, you might actually expect there to be enough in this product to actually do something. After testing, I used this on my face, and waited for the tightening sensation...nothing. I checked my skin after 30 minutes to see if the wrinkles have diminished at all, but couldn't see any difference. Maybe clinically proven results are too small to be seen by the naked eye. It did seem to be a fairly pleasant moisturiser, but that isn't what buyers will be expecting when they hand their money over.

Parker Jotter Chelsea CT Ballpoint Pen, Blister Pack - Orange
Parker Jotter Chelsea CT Ballpoint Pen, Blister Pack - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good pen, 26 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always liked these pens, and have had a few over the years, as they are a pleasure to use. They just write so smoothly, and feel so nice in your hand. There's rarely any problem with ink flow, so they are very dependable too. The ink is a very ordinary blue, but refills in other colours are available, even red.
Although this is supposed to be orange, it looks more like a bronze colour, which goes well with the silver colour chrome top. It looks really nice, and is not at all heavy, unlike some Parker all-metal pens I've previously had, which made them a bit slippery and awkward to use. It doesn't have the usual silver chrome collar at the bottom of the barrel just above the nib, which makes it look a little different when the point is retracted, as it looks as though there's something missing. But still a very nice pen.

Manuka Doctor Drops of Crystal Cashmere Touch Serum 30 ml
Manuka Doctor Drops of Crystal Cashmere Touch Serum 30 ml
Offered by MV TRADE

2.0 out of 5 stars Not keen, 20 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used this product for over a week now, but its not something that my skin is particularly happy with. It contains alcohol denat, which I know from past experience, can Irritate my skin. I suffer from psoriasis, and this can make it sting and redden. I also needed to use quite a lot, as it very quickly dries as you try to smooth it over your skin, which is probably a result of the alcohol. This tends to leave the skin quite sticky. Unlike some of the other products in this range, there appear to be less natural ingredients than you might expect. I have't seen any improvement in my skin so far, so I'll use the rest of the rest of the bottle, but as it has no positive effects, it's not something I would consider buying again.

Manuka Doctor Normalising Facial Oil 30 ml
Manuka Doctor Normalising Facial Oil 30 ml
Offered by Top brand cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 20 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It feels quite virtuous to use an oil on your face - on some level, to me in any case, it feels as though it must work better than a cream. Most of the ingredients are natural too, and the bottle and method of application make it seem both quite medicinal and cool at the same time. The oil itself is easily massaged into the skin, and smells lovely, which made it feel like a really nice luxury product. You only need to use a tiny amount so this bottle will last for ages.
I used this under my day and night cream, and although I'm not sure I looked any different, my skin felt wonderful even after the first use. It's definitely a product that I would want to keep in my skincare routine.

The Louise Parker Method: Lean for Life
The Louise Parker Method: Lean for Life
by Louise Parker

3.0 out of 5 stars This would work, 20 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I read through this book with mounting enthusiasm, as I could really see just how good it could be. However, as I read the second half, I realised that this book is probably something for me to aspire to, but I am not in a physical or mental position to embrace it wholeheartedly at e moment. There is an intense amount of commitment needed to both the food and the exercise, and I know that I would just be setting myself up to fail, which would be very disheartening. I have no doubt that this will work, as with such a large amount of exercise combined with the diet, it couldn't really fail.
I think that there are many very good things that I can take from this book though, and apply to my current lifestyle to help me lose weight and become fitter. Many of the recipes look really great, and as each is for one person I can use them in isolation from the rest of my family cooking. I am able to do some of the exercises too, but there's a lot of stuff here that I would probably never be able to achieve. There is a lot of emphasis on making time for cooking and exercise, and if you have that amount of time and money to do this, fair enough. If you don't think you have, you won't get much sympathy from the author.

St Moriz Advanced Pro Formula  Velvet Touch Tanning Gel, Medium
St Moriz Advanced Pro Formula Velvet Touch Tanning Gel, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 9 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is very easy to apply, with a fairly light guide colour, which allows you easily to see where it has been applied. It smells vey nice, and has a moisturising effect too. It takes a few hours to work, but the colour is not too bad, although a little orange. It's quite light too, so you would probably need several applications, although that might increase the orange effect. I think it would probably work quite well on already slightly tanned skin to make it look as though your holiday was better than it was. It does the job, and is good value for money, but could do with losing a bit of the orangyness.

Before the Fall: Selected by The Sunday Times as one of the top page-turners of Summer 2017
by Noah Hawley

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems so real, 9 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this book, after a bit of a slow start. Some of the characters are extremely unpleasant, and some seem to have been caught up in events over which they have no control. Nearly all of the male characters are driven by greed or lust for power, and the female characters are living with the consequences of this. Scott appears to be the one male character who has overcome his past demons, and set himself on a new path. It is he who saves the child from the wreck of the plane and swims to shore with him.
I think that the most amazing thing about this book, is the back story of each person before they got on the plane that evening. The author can really make the reader believe that these are are real people with an incredibly detailed past who could almost walk off the page. The plot is very tightly woven too, as it moves towards the climax, as the reason for the crash is finally removed.. This is such a fantastic book that I had real difficulty putting it down to eat and sleep etc. It's one of those books that you want to read quickly because you need to know what happens, but at the same time you know that you're going to be sorry to finish it. It's certainly a book that I thought about a lot after I had finished it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20