Profile for Mrs. G. A. Kay > Reviews

Content by Mrs. G. A. Kay

Mrs. G. A. Kay (Cumbria, England)

Head Jog 81 Pink Paddle Brush
Head Jog 81 Pink Paddle Brush
Offered by Glamour Ladies

5.0 out of 5 stars Head Jog 81 brush, 3 Nov. 2013
Great brush. Gets tangles out easy and I love the colour, it is nicely made and seems to have a slip resistant coating so great for holding while drying my long hair.

HotsaleUK 3D Bling Rhinestone flower Flip Leather PU Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D Bling Rinestone Phone Case (White), 3 Nov. 2013
This case is really lovely, much better than in the photo. Fits phone great and not cumbersome in any way. Delighted with the design makes my phone look really smart.

Tangle Teezer Compact Styler Penelope Pink
Tangle Teezer Compact Styler Penelope Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Tangle Teaser Brush, 3 Nov. 2013
Great for handbag, looks nice, great idea having removable bottom , as it protects the bristles when in your bag, also great that some of the money goes to Breast Cancer.

Waterfi 100% Waterproofed iPod Swim Kit With Short Cord Waterproof Headphones Included - No Case Needed (Slate)

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterfi Waterproof mp3 Player (Ipod Shuffle 2 GB), 5 July 2012
About a month ago now I purchased this Ipod shuffle from Waterfi in America. It is so very versatile in that I use it in the gym and also in the water. I have my favourite Zumba music installed onto it and when in the pool I do a good workout similar to Aqua fit. The time just flies past and you don't realise that you have been exercising for 60 minutes as it just seems like 15 minutes.

It is such a pleasure doing the exercising, listening to your favourite music. I am a retired person and have some disabilities; therefore a lot of the gym work is too much for me. To be able to exercise in the water, which is great resistance training, and suppose to be much more effective in water, is a great with this little gadget. The mp3 player has a clip on it so it clips easily to your bathing costume as I don't wear goggles. You can order it in various colours I purchased the pink and it looks cool clipped to my costume. Many people are surprised seeing someone wearing this in the water and many have enquired where to purchase them. I am on a diet and steadily losing weight and by having this item to do my workouts in the pool; it beats paying extortionate fees to a slimming club. It might be a bit pricy at first, but it pays for itself after a few weeks.

Also when I go on holiday this will come with me and I don't need to worry about leaving my iPod under the sun bed when I go into the pool as it will be clipped onto my costume. While on holiday I can also workout in the pool, which in turn will help keep the weight off.

I often use it while travelling on the bus and I will use it on the plane as I can also put on audio books to listen to while travelling, to make my journey seem a lot shorter. I find the earphones comfortable; but use ordinary ones when not in the water. The player has a little button on the bottom which you can press to let you know how much of the battery is left and the next track which is going to play. I love this little gadget and I am so pleased I have purchased one. I hope you found this review helpful to you. (Gillian) from England.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2012 12:32 AM BST

Head Swim Glove - Black, Small
Head Swim Glove - Black, Small
Offered by theSwimmingShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Head Swimming Gloves, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Head Swim Glove (Sports Apparel)
I have used swimming gloves for many years in our health club pool and on holidays they are marvellous to help you tone your body, as they work as a resistance against the water and make it harder for you to exercise and in turn tone and burn calories up. Since buying these Head gloves, which I must say are the first ones of this make I have ever owned; I find they are fabulous, better than any I have ever purchased before, so much so that I have ordered another pair today. They are really good quality and they are comfortable to wear; a small size is quite generous. My friends at the gym have been so impressed that I have ordered some for them a few weeks ago and they find them great. One lady said she actually did more lengths swimming as they keep you buoyant in the water. I would definitely recommend them to anyone thinking of buying them and at a good price too and delivered quickly and efficiently by Amazon you cannot go wrong. Hope this review was helpful to you.

IMAX - Volcanoes Of The Deep Sea - 2D Version [Blu-ray]
IMAX - Volcanoes Of The Deep Sea - 2D Version [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Ed Harris (narration)
Offered by Not2day Media

1.0 out of 5 stars Volcanos of the deep sea not 3D, 24 Feb. 2011
This week on the 21st Februrary I purchased this film. I was really looking forward to seeing this in 3D. To my great disappointment this film IS NOT 3D in anyway, so dont waste your money buying it unless you want to see it in 2D only. This film is advertised elsewhere also as 2D/3D but it definitely is not. Hope this helps anyone thinking of purchasing it.

Ocean Wonderland - (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)  [2003] [Region Free]
Ocean Wonderland - (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [2003] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jean-Jacques Mantello

5.0 out of 5 stars Good 3D Effects, 20 Jan. 2011
This blu ray is amazing so beautiful in both content and 3D effects. I have watched it 4 times now since purchasing it and my friends have found it to be so relaxing and amazing in its 3D content. The coral tables come out of the screen into your room with such beauty and also the fish, I loved the dolphin. So many types and colours of fish, the naration is done through the eyes of a sea turtle which I think is really cute, it is so informative on the fish and coral. It certainly makes you respect nature. Only two months ago I was walking along the sea bed in Bora Bora feeding the tropical fish and swimming with the sea turtles so this Blu ray brought back such magnificent memories. If you like documentaries on fish and coral this blu ray is for you and so informative for the children.

Coral Fish (2D/3D Blu-Ray)
Coral Fish (2D/3D Blu-Ray)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your money on Coral Fish 3D, 17 Jan. 2011
Hi I purchased this 3d Coral Fish this week as it was only released on January 10th, I was so looking forward to seeing it on my 3d Television. It was absolutely awfull a complete waste of anyones money.

It says on the documentation that it is three films. Well I will tell you what they are. On starting it, it shows you a fish tank from the front view and a video camera films it for a whole borring 26 minutes no naration at all. Then it changes to either port of starboard of the same borring fish tank.

I complained to Amazon as this blu-ray is so bad I have sent it back.

I have recently purchased a lot of 3d films from Amazon and if you want a beautiful one with naration and really good 3d which is also educational for children and adults buy
Ocean Wonderland Blu-ray 3D it is beautiful. The coral just comes right out into the room at times and the colours and fish are amazing. The naration is done by a sea turtle which i found to be quite cute really, I have watched this film three times now it is so relaxing.

Omron Walking Style II Pro Pedometer - Blue/Black
Omron Walking Style II Pro Pedometer - Blue/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon G9 Digital Camera, 26 May 2008
I had previously had the canon G3 and had some wonderful photos with this camera but thought it was time for a change and an upgrade.
I purchased a canon G9 from Amazon in late February of this Year and found this camera to be absolutely amazing. I was only disappointed to see that the user instructions were in PDF format on the supplied CD. I needed them to take with me on holiday to explain how to use all the different functions without having to print the whole thing out. However I did find the different buttons easy to access and the menu system easy to follow. The picture quality was fabulous with macro at its very best, I took a photo on holiday in spain of a cricket on a twig in this format. You could see all the textures on its skin and markings in its eyes and wings which were unbelievable. The video function was easy to use and did excellent footage and play back. Overall the camera is stylish and compact and is much neater than the G3 but I miss the rotating LCD screen which the G3 had. The G9 has a larger and clearer LCD screen but gets marked easily because of its fixed position. The battery life is also good and I found having the automatic lense cover a great improvement on the lense cap of my previous model. The camera has a stabilising function especially useful when using the maximum zoom. There are many other advance functions which I am looking forward to using. Friends tried to talk me into buying another make but I am so glad I didn't and chose the canon G9; especially when I download my photos to see the amazing results.

I Purchased the camera from Amazon because I found on many occasions in the past they have been an excellent company and I was not disappointed as the camera arrived very quickly and was well packaged.