Profile for John Russell > Reviews

Content by John Russell

John Russell "TiptreeJam" (Tiptree, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Prime special offer, Audible 3-month free trial
Prime special offer, Audible 3-month free trial

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for long audio books, 12 July 2016
I have Prime and Audible subscriptions. Yes it would be good if they were combined in some way but that is life. I tend to purchase very long audio books on science topics 'Big History' and comedy ones e.g. 'Yes Minister/Prime Minister'. Certainly very good value for money for these perhaps less so for shorter audio books.

Brabantia Universal Opener, Red
Brabantia Universal Opener, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and works, 8 Jun. 2016
My friend needed something to open bottles and jars and this fitted the bill. A solidly made device with plenty of options for different sized lids. Appears well made and should last along time. She has used it a number of times with no issues whatsoever. I might even get one for myself.

Panasonic 4R25R Lantern Cells Batteries 1 Cell
Panasonic 4R25R Lantern Cells Batteries 1 Cell
Offered by Electromart-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Not one of your regular batteries, 5 Feb. 2016
Not one of your regular batteries but I had a need for one to replace a battery in a large torch. Look well made and no problems fitting into the torch. Provides a good light and time will tell how long it lasts.

Fitness Mad Neo Dumbbell Pair 0.5kg
Fitness Mad Neo Dumbbell Pair 0.5kg
Offered by Martin Berrill Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for starting out, 5 Feb. 2016
Bought these as a Christmas present for a friend. Easy to grip and a good sized weight if you are just starting a fitness regime.

Mustcam H807P 720P HD Indoor Pan/Tilt WiFi Wireless IP Camera, WiFi Baby Monitor, IR-Cut, H.264, P2P, WPS, Alarm, Micro-SD, Two-way Audio, Motion Detection, OnVif (Black)
Offered by verydeal

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bit of kit for piece of mind, 24 Jan. 2016
I have external lights triggered by movement and burglar alarm warning stickers on the two external doors. I did not want the expense and hassle of setting up external cameras and a burglar alarm can be a pain if set off accidentally or it develops a fault. So I looked for a simple internal camera for a bit more piece of mind when I am away from home. To download the associated app for my Android devices was easy and it was easy to set up the camera. The WiFi connection worked okay but it kept trying to connect to neighbours wifi's when left on (even though it was still connected to mine) so in the end I hardwired it to my BT broadband hub. I was easily able to view, record, and move the camera using the Android app on my Android devices when at home. To be able to do the same when away from home you need access to the internet and a service to allow you to connect to your camera at home. I chose a free service from No-Ip.Com and I can now view, record, and move the camera using my Android devices when away from home. You need to enter the details of the service in the camera settings. It is all password protected so no one else can connect to the camera. I wish they had a Windows 8 phone app but they do have one for windows 10. I have not gone into the the technicalities of setting up the camera but there is general help from a number of websites online. So I am very happy with the camera and will probably purchase another one for my friend. It lost a star due to the lack of a Windows phone app and not alot of help in setting it up to use away from home.

Clarks Men's Lace-Up Derby Shoes Keeler Walk Black Leather
Clarks Men's Lace-Up Derby Shoes Keeler Walk Black Leather
Offered by Donaghys Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarks comes up trumps again, 28 Dec. 2015
Clarks comes up trumps again. Having tried plenty of makes and prices of shoes it is Clarks shoes that last for me. I am a fast heavy walker and I have had many other makes of shoe crack on the sole where the foot flexes, or the sole comes away from the main body of the shoe, or the sole tread just wears away too quickly. These Clarks shoes are a sturdy shoe that I use for work. They are very comfortably and have decent laces. No hesitation in recommending.

Oakgrain Genuine Sheepskin Ear Muffs - Chocolate
Oakgrain Genuine Sheepskin Ear Muffs - Chocolate
Offered by Lambland ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not ruffle your hair, 28 Dec. 2015
I got these for the girlfriend. She loves them as they keep her ears very warm. Due to the warm weather this winter (2015) she has not had to use them much at all. The chocolate colour is also good as blends well with her brown hair and does not show up too much. Better then a hat she says as they do not ruffle her hair. A good purchase.

Wicked Costumes Mens Short 60s style Wig Fancy Dress Costume Accessory - Black
Wicked Costumes Mens Short 60s style Wig Fancy Dress Costume Accessory - Black
Offered by FancyDressForAll

2.0 out of 5 stars Childs play, 5 Dec. 2015
Okay for a child but not an adult. Still the cat likes playing with it!

Fun Shack Adult Blue Teddy Boy Costume - MEDIUM
Fun Shack Adult Blue Teddy Boy Costume - MEDIUM
Offered by Theme Fancy Dress

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 Dec. 2015
Was a fun thing to wear for a 60s theme family party. Did the job but thin material. I cut off the white shirt insert and used a white shirt. Also used my own tie underneath as the supplied tie is cheap looking. Considering the price the item was okay.

Kickers Ferock Lace2 Lthr Am, Men's Derby, Black (Black), 10.5 UK (45 EU)
Kickers Ferock Lace2 Lthr Am, Men's Derby, Black (Black), 10.5 UK (45 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... shoes before and I found them to be a smart well made pair of shoes which are a good ..., 16 Sept. 2015
I have not bought Kickers brand shoes before and I found them to be a smart well made pair of shoes which are a good fit. The comfortably internal cushion foam with micro fresh technology was a bonus for me as I did not realise they came with this. I still use a thin shoe insert to protect the surface of the cushion foam and to help keep the shoes smelling fresh. The shoe tread pattern was different to what I have normally and it provides a good grip to surfaces. It will be good to see how it fairs in the wet / icy winter weather. I have not had two eye formal shoes before but no problems in use and the laces appear half decent rather than the modern thin slippery type that keep coming underdone. So all in all a decent pair of shoes that I would purchase again (In fact I bought two pairs the first time round!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14