Profile for John Russell > Reviews

Content by John Russell

John Russell "TiptreeJam" (Tiptree, UK)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14
Thousand Mile Stare
Thousand Mile Stare

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Thousand Mile Stare (MP3 Download)
What can I say. Having been a Chicane fan for many years I liked all the tracks on this album so I bought the album rather than individual tracks. As others have said Chicane on top form and lets hope this continues.

Komputerbay 16GB Class 10 MicroSDHC High Speed Memory Card with Komputerbay SD Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Smaller and faster than my Sinclair ZX81 16k Ram pack!, 30 April 2012
I was buying a Samsung Galaxy phone and wanted a micro SD card for it. This 16Gb version works fine, has been reliable and is at a great price. I have an open mind about some of the reports that it is not Class 10 or is a fake. I have not tested the speed but it has operated fast enough for the phones needs and as delivery is fulfilled by Amazon I am certain that Amazon would not be shipping fake Samsung SD cards. So overall I am very pleased with my purchase.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars "The perfect marshmallow to coco ratio", 22 April 2012
I actually bought this for an Orange Rio II mobile phone for a friend as their phone fitted this case (I bought a similar case 2 years ago for my HTC Desire which they had tried out - see older review). It fits my friends Orange Rio II mobile with room to spare and they are very happy. It protects the phone against normal everyday use.

PowerSmart [ 2000mAh,9.60V,Ni-Cd ], Replacement Power Tools Battery for BOSCH GBB 9.6VES-1, GBM 9.6VES-1, GBM 9.6VES-2, GBM 9.6VES-3, GBM 9.6VSP-3, GDR 90, GBM 9.6VSP-3, GDR 90, GLI 9.6V, GSB 9.6VES, GSB 9.6VES-2, GSR 9.6 VE-2, GSR 9.6 VES-2, GSR 9.6 VPE-2, GSR 9.6-1, GSR 9.6VE2, GSR 9.6VET, GSR 9.6 (old Version), PBM 9.6VES-2, PDR 80, PSB 9.6VES2, PSB 9.6VES-2, PSB 9.6VPS-2, PSB 9.6VSP-2, PSR 9.6VES, PSR 9.6VES-2, Compatible Part Numbers: 2 607 335 035, 2 607 335 037, 2 607 335 072, 2 607 335 089, 2 607 335 152, 2 607 335 230, 2 607 335 254, BAT001,
Offered by vinteky-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars It keeps going and going and going..., 22 April 2012
My old Bosch drill would only run for a few seconds after the battery had been on charge for an hour or two so I took a gamble that it was the battery pack. I selected this make / model rather than an official Bosch battery as it was cheaper and had a slightly higher capacity. It fitted the drill fine and worked straight out of the box i.e it was already charged up although I did put it on charge for an hour or two to be sure. To date no problems with using this battery pack.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars "Why have cotton when you can have silk", 22 April 2012
I purchased one of these from Amazon 2 years ago for my HTC Desire and so readily purchased one again for my new Samsung Galaxy SII. It protects the phone fine from normal everyday abuse although it would not prevent damage to the phone in extreme circumstances. One thing I noted was that I could not get it to take my Samsung Galaxy SII with its soft silicone case on as it was too tight a fit and so I had to remove this. The older case for the HTC Desire was big enough to take the phone with the soft silicone case on. Perhaps this case could do with being slightly bigger.

Made to measure car mount for HTC Desire
Made to measure car mount for HTC Desire

5.0 out of 5 stars Climb every mount-ain, 22 April 2012
I have used this to mount an HTC Desire in the car on a beanbag dashboard mount that I already had so I can use it as a SatNav or video through the car windscreen as I am driving. It is fine for this and when you consider the price it is a no brainer. I had to remove a soft silicone case I had on the HTC Desire to get it to fit the mount. It has been sturdy up until now and holds the phone firm with no undue shake. I think the beanbag dashboard mount that I already had helps to minimise shake anyway and I have not tried it mounted directly on to the windscreen.

Eddingtons Top Cracker, Black
Eddingtons Top Cracker, Black
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Cracker!, 22 April 2012
Well having used a variety of nutcrackers over the years I can honestly say this is the best so far. It copes very well with the almonds,hazel nuts,brazil nuts,and walnuts that I eat. You sometimes have to manoeuvre the bigger nuts to get them to crack open but it cracks open all the nuts easily and does not crush them. The cup shape also holds most of the nut shells as well.

2 X Cooker Hood Filters With Grease Saturation Indicator (UNIVERSAL) Filter Size: 570 x 470mm Superior Quality BIODEGRADABLE
Offered by Suds-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Grease is the word, it's got groove it's got meaning ..., 15 Jan. 2012
Considering the cost and quality of the filter material this is a bargain. Was easily trimmed to fit the cooker hood and I have one spare for use in a few months time.

Philips Tornado Compact Fluorescent Spiral Light Bulb (B22 23 W) - Warm White
Philips Tornado Compact Fluorescent Spiral Light Bulb (B22 23 W) - Warm White
Offered by MCD Electrical - Established 1993

5.0 out of 5 stars Why do tornadoes spiral upwards?, 31 Dec. 2011
My friend was very sceptical about low energy lighting and had stocked up on conventional 100W bulbs. I persuaded them to try this 100W equivalent lamp and they were very pleasantly surprised. It quickly gets up to full brightness and you cannot look directly at it as it is so bright (yet only uses 23W). It is fitted in a lamp shade hanging from the ceiling and lights up the hall way perfectly. We will be buying more.

Black + Decker X40400 Vice Pegs (4) for Workmate
Black + Decker X40400 Vice Pegs (4) for Workmate

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Jake the Peg, diddle-iddle-iddle-um ...., 2 Dec. 2011
I bought these as I had lost the original pegs for my 'Workmate'. It is not a Black & Decker workmate but the hole size / depth in my 'Workmate' seemed to be suitable for these and they were. They fit tightly and seem very tough so they will stand up to a bit of abuse. Very good value for meoney.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14