Profile for Nixer > Reviews

Content by Nixer

Nixer

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 23 Feb. 2012
This is a really well made cover, the leather feels good quality (and smells wonderful!) and the stitching is very neat. I think the photos don't really do it justice. I got the rich brown one and it's a lovely dark chocolate brown colour. Also it's very snug, I've just held it upside down by its corners and the Kindle doesn't fall out. In spite of that it is easy enough to get out of the cover when you want to. If you are looking for something to protect the Kindle without the weight and bother of the wallet type covers, you can't really go wrong with this.

VGA Manual Monitor Switch Box Splitter 2 Port Way
VGA Manual Monitor Switch Box Splitter 2 Port Way
Offered by The LACH Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not for high res monitors, 17 May 2011
Consolectronic (the vendors at the time of writing) confirmed that it doesn't support SVGA and were kind enough to refund in full. Good service from them.

As mentioned in other reviews, it can be made to work if you start with the computer plugged directly into the monitor and then plug both into the switch but as soon as you reboot the computer you're stuck with resolutions around 1600 x something or other because the pass through doesn't work. You may also be able to get it to work by fiddling with the graphics card driver settings (basically getting it to ignore the EDID info and manually setting the res), but I couldn't get this to survive a reboot either, or to work at all on the second attempt and in any case changing those settings on one of my laptops is not a practical solution either because it belongs to my work.

I wish I had read the review mentioning the pass through not working before I bought it, but I only read a few claiming that it did work at high res if you did X or Y. It doesn't, or at least it didn't for me, and the price probably reflects that.

It was fine for the lower res monitor though.