Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 149

SBno1
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Post-it Z Notes 76mm x127mm Canary Yellow R350 (Pack of 12)
Post-it Z Notes 76mm x127mm Canary Yellow R350 (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars The original and best, 26 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A good size for notes. Work perfectly in the Post-It C2015 dispenser. The adhesive is good for short term sticking and will adhere to most surfaces without leaving a mark. There is a stronger post-it note around, but note sure if they are in the Z range. A plentiful pack size for even the most enthusiastic Post-it note taker.

Whilst these can be used without a dispenser I wouldn't really recommend it as they all lift up in a concertina like way when you lift one note up.

Satechi 60W Multi-Port USB Charging Station (Black)
Satechi 60W Multi-Port USB Charging Station (Black)
Offered by SATECHI

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the modern USB connected household, 25 July 2016
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this item is identical to the retail product.

This is a rugged and solidly built power brick for charging multiple USB devices. It ships with a UK 3 pin fused plug and a continental 2 pin plug making it ideal for travel purposes and saves having to take several chargers away with you. It sits neatly on a desktop and frees up a few power points when you need to charge several devices simultaneously. It also has a switch to power off the device rather than unplugging it. I found this quite handy as I can't reach the power socket easily in my office.

I am unable to comment on the C ports as I don't have a compatible device, however, the USB ports work perfectly. I have had all 4 occupied and I have been able to charge a range of devices including a TomTom, Kindle, Samsung Tablet, Samsung phone, Samsung Camera, iPhone, Sony camera, Bluetooth headphones and it even powers up my QI wireless charging dock.

One minor point to note is that there is a feint electrical buzz coming from it. It doesn't affect me as I don't sleep in the room where it is situated, but it might be something to bear in mind if you intend to have it on a bedside cabinet and running overnight.

LeapFrog LeapStart Preschool Interactive Learning System for Kids
LeapFrog LeapStart Preschool Interactive Learning System for Kids

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but struggles to capture attention span, 24 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has potential and it is very clever how it works and detects what page you are on and where on the page is being pressed, but is just a bit too busy and not particularly well built. The case itself is pretty tough, but the stylus is on a short lead. The cable itself is very likely to fail after a short period of time especially when I have caught our little one dragging it along by the stylus - it is what kids do!

Initial set up is easy enough, but you will need 2x AA batteries and a computer with an internet connection to get the needed sound files. There is a sampler book, but you will need to buy books appropriate to the child's age and they are a bit expensive. Then you just lay a book in the case and snap it into the centre links and start tapping away - I found it easier to close the case (causes the book to lock into place) then re-open the case.

Initially the children were intrigued with this, but their attention waned very quickly and now they don't really want to know, I think they just want iPads! these days! A great idea, but struggling to keep attention of little ones

Silentnight So Soft Duvet, Cotton, White, Double, 10.5 tog
Silentnight So Soft Duvet, Cotton, White, Double, 10.5 tog

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, soft, comfortable and warm., 24 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very soft and warm quilt that, for modern centrally heated homes, is pretty much an all year round quilt albeit it is marketed for summer and autumn use. It fits perfectly into a double quilt cover and the light weight makes it a pleasure to sleep under. I haven't had the need to wash it yet, but it does say that it is machine washable.

It is a very good quilt and somewhat better than the existing quilt I have, so I do recommend it. What I don't fully understand is why the current price is £108, for that price I wouldn't recommend it. Often the early market release goods have unusually high prices on launch. It will probably come down to a more reasonable price in a few weeks. When it does it will be worth it.

Scotch 2050PCWB 24 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Scotch 2050PCWB 24 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Offered by Office Specialties Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean edges, no bleeding, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been a bit lazy in the past when it comes to painting. I tend not to mask off areas and use a steady hand instead, but the finish is never really that neat. I used to not care too much, but as my DIY skills improved over the years I started to take a bit more pride in my work. Now I use an adaption of the old military 7 Ps approach (you will have to google that one). Now I spend a little more time on preparation and taping up edges before I strike out. In the end spending a little time taping up can actually save you time in the long run.

The tape gives a good seal to wood, glass and painted surfaces. I have used it on lacquered and polished surfaces too, but I don't leave it on for long. I haven't noticed any bleeding under the tape as I have on some other cheaper tapes, but some rough surfaces may allow bleeding. Most of the roll was used for household painting, but I have also used it to secure paper sheeting to a car when spraying over some bumper scuffs. It held the paper firmly in place and peeled off cleanly from both painted and plastic surfaces and there was no residue left behind.

3M Wetordry Assorted Grits Sandpaper Sheets, 230 x 280 mm - Pack of 1 (4 Sheets)
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality paper, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good sized sheets with a grit that is strongly bonded to the paper. Doesn't clog up and gives a good finish. Lasts a decent amount of time. I have used these on a block and it folds neatly over it without breaking up.

You get 1 coarse, 2 medium and 1 fine. Personally would have liked to see an additional finer polishing grit on there, but can't complain as you get what is advertised.

A lot better than some of the cheaper sheets you get at discount DIY stores.

Offered by Xintop

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up a garden, 30 Jun. 2016
I received one of these from Amazon, courtesy of the seller. They have not asked for or tried to influence a review and I have no affiliation with the seller or manufacturer.

In the box you get a string of 200 LED lights which are connected to a battery pack that is charged through the attached solar panel. You also get a 2 piece ground peg on which to mount the solar panel. You just need to ensure that the solar panel is in a position to catch as much of the sun as possible throughout the day. Whilst it will get some charge when in indirect sunlight, it is best mounted in a south facing position and direct sunlight. If not it will still light up in the evening, but quickly run flat as the battery will never reach full charge, but I guess if it lasts long enough in the evening for you to enjoy them it doesn't make much difference if they run flat in the early hours.

The lights are bright and decorative (I had the plain white lights). Ideal to decorate a garden fence, small tree or placed around the fascia board of the house. There are a range of lighting options that you can switch to. Mine are on constantly which does drain the battery more than some of the other modes, but they are still on when I go to bed. Come the winter they probably won't last as long, but there is no avoiding the short days in the UK.

They switch on automatically when it gets dark and off when light. If you have a lot of light pollution in the garden, then it may prevent the lights coming on as it will be tricked into thinking it's daytime. They have been outside in some torrential summer rain and this does not seem to have affected them. Very happy with these and they really brighten up a garden, especially in the summer evenings.
Comment Comment | Permalink

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Clean Power
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Clean Power
Offered by Kiara World

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh lively scent, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cheeky citrus fresh scented shower gel. Probably better used in the morning as it is quite refreshing, in the evening I prefer to use the sport version from this range as it has darker tones.

It is slightly thinner gel than others from this range so I highly recommend using a man scourer like the Lynx ones you see hanging up in mens toiletries aisles at dept. stores, else you could be wasting a lot of this.

It lathers up nicely to give a clean and lively feel to the skin. Rinses away easily. Can be used on hair, but I only do so in an emergency situation where I forgot shampoo. Not that it is bad on the hair, but I prefer to use a purpose made product. I haven't had any skin complaints since using this gel - very happy with it

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Invincible Sport
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Invincible Sport
Offered by Kiara World

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product with a manly scent, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one of the better L'Oreal Paris shower gels I have tried. It is a burnt orange colour and has a dark masculine scent about it. The scent is quite subtle so only close intimate contact will reveal it. The advantage to this is that is doesn't overpower or interfere with any cologne you may also like to use.

It lathers up nicely and rinses off just as easily as it goes on. Best used with a man scourer like the Lynx ones you often see hanging up around the men's toiletries in dept. stores. Can be used on the hair, but I only do that if I have to as I prefer to use a purpose made shampoo.

I've had no skin irritation, drying out of skin or any other skin problems since using this.

Offered by Xintop