Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for TB_family > Reviews

Content by TB_family
Top Reviewer Ranking: 257

TB_family
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hitman: The Complete First Season Steelbook Edition
Hitman: The Complete First Season Steelbook Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed, 18 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This review is for the PS4 version. If the product you are looking at is not the same it could be because Amazon may have changed the product on the page, posted the review on similar items or there could be multiple items on the page.

This isn't usually my genre of game, but having loved the films, I thought I would get into the game and I am glad that I did. The graphics are top quality and really showcase the PS4. You are taken through training at the start which was highly enjoyable in itself. In the game you can disguise yourself and choose a killing method. Some methods work, others don't, you will have to work out which way gets the job done, but you are not always fixed into doing it one specific way, which means, you can often play the level again and have a different game experience.

My pack came with some downloadable extras, which enhances the lifespan of the game. Sadly, my Internet connection is so bad I found it difficult to play online, but thankfully there are plenty of levels and gameplay to be had on the disk alone. I spent a silly amount of time playing this in the first few weeks and some tedium started to creep in, so it might be wise to give it a break from time to time just to keep the interest alive.

ManCave Sensitive Moisturiser, 100 ml
ManCave Sensitive Moisturiser, 100 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for even the manliest of men, 18 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Initially, I thought this was JAM - just another moisturiser, but over the course of trialling it, it has grown on me. The very subtle scent is somewhat masculine, although that is down to individuals perceptions. As the scent isn't strong, it doesn't interfere with any additional cologne you put on, so you are not stuck with it for the evening. It isn't clearly stated, but it is a face and neck moisturiser and is perfectly suited for post shave. The moisturiser is more of a lotion in terms of consistency as it is thin and wet, but this is a benefit as it absorbs much easier and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on the skin.

In terms of moisturising, it does the job. Just a few spots is all that is needed to get full face coverage, any more than that and it gets a little messy. The skin is left soft and smooth and feels good. Just about everything you want from it.

Lightweight Aluminum Travel Tripod with Panning Head Plate MACTREM PT55 55-Inch Aluminum Camera Tripod Camcorder Stand with Panning Head Plate and Carrying Bag for DSLR Nikon Canon Sony DV Video (Yellow)
Offered by Mactrem Official

5.0 out of 5 stars light weight and robust, 16 Mar. 2017
This towel was supplied by the seller for product feedback with no obligation to review, but I thought I would share my views. This review is for the Yellow MACTREM PT55 55-Inch Aluminum Camera Tripod. If the product you are looking at is not the same it could be because Amazon may have changed the product on the page or there could be multiple items.

The tripod comes in a neat carry bag with zip access and a handle which extends out to become a shoulder strap. First impressions were all good, it is light weight, packs down to a manageable size, quick and easy to set up and is relatively sturdy for its size. Some of the plastic joints have a bit of a cheap feel to them, but they seem to be strong and robust.

The feet are in knuckle joint like cups, so the legs are free to change angle whilst the cup stays flat on the ground. The telescopic legs are released and locked via nice wide thumb levers. The locking mechanism is strong and I haven't a leg slide when locked. The top sections of the legs all have a soft foam comfort grip (where you naturally carry it). The center of the tripod has a hanging hook for you to place the bag or other strapped equipment between the legs. The center column has a locking collar for stability and if you want a smaller footprint it will stop the legs from splaying. From here you have a winding mechanism to raise / lower the height of the center pole and a small bubble level to assist in getting a level tripod.

The head has a quick release plate so the camera can be slipped on and off with ease. The plate screwed in fine on my D7200 and doesn't interfere with the camera. It took a few practise goes to get the clipping on and off right as it needed to go in and out at a slight angle, but once I figure it out, it posed no problem. The head also has a few joints to allow angles and tilts, each of which can be locked. The pan handle is a good size and comfortable. It is a simple twist to lock and release for panning around, up and down etc. The movements are fairly fluid but with a little judder, but given time and use (and maybe some silicone grease) I am confident it will start to get smoother. The absolute main thing is that I trust it to hold my camera and not fall over or collapse.

I have a full size Manfrotto tripod and whilst it is the bees knees, it was expensive and too big and heavy for me to really carry around with me, so I don't get my full use out of it. For it's price, this tripod has a lot to offer and competes well with some of the more expensive compacts. Without doubt, this will get more use than my Manfrotto tripod and will be definitely be accompanying me on my next holiday in the South West.

The Primal Pantry Cocoa Orange Paleo Protein Bars, Pack of 15
The Primal Pantry Cocoa Orange Paleo Protein Bars, Pack of 15
Offered by Revive Medicare

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked the taste and texture, but not feeling any real benefit, 8 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I rather liked these, but I do have some peculiar tastes. They have a bit of a stodgy texture with small crunchy bits. I can pick out the orange and cocoa tastes, but they are not overwhelming. The only real drawback for me was the high sugar content for the size of the bar, not that it tastes overly sweet. I do try to limit how much sugar I take in, mostly because it is hidden in so many foodstuffs so this is quite a big hit.

I have been taking one after long swimming sessions. I can't really say I have noticed any benefit from the extra protein, I certainly don't feel any better or worse than I normally do post-training. Also tried them before swimming, but there has been no discernible difference.

They are expensive (currently £41) and I do think that there are better and cheaper alternatives to getting protein into your body. As I first said, I like these, but perhaps not something I can commit to

Syourself Yoga & Hand Towel-183cm x 61cm- Non Slip, Ultra Absorbent, Soft-Perfect Microfiber Skidless Bikram Hot Yoga Mat Towel for Fitness Exercise Sports& Outdoors + Travel Bag( EL Starry Sky)
Offered by SYOURSELF

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality towel., 6 Mar. 2017
This towel was supplied by the seller for product feedback with no obligation to review, but I thought I would share my views. This review is for the 183x61cm starry night towel, other products sold under this page may vary from what I received.

The towel is packed in a draw string pouch of the same design, which brings it down to a neat pack that is easily stored in a kit bag. It is a bit tight repacking it after a few uses, but it will go back in. It is long and slim which is just right for a yoga mat cover with each corner having a triangular pocket for fixing to a mat, but most of the time mine just gets used as a towel! It is absorbent and soft, so it is gentle on the skin and dries you fast, but also dries out fast after washing. The edges are all neatly bound and after several washes mine is still performing well and has kept its shape. It is important to note that softeners shouldn't be used on micro-fibre towels.

I am a big fan of micro-fibre towels as they have an absorbency that is far superior to cotton towels and pack into a fraction of the size. The yoga mat sizes are also good for beach holidays (albeit a bit slim) where you don't want to take up valuable space with heavy, bulky beach towels.

Even if you don't do Yoga, it is worth having a few large towels like this for holidays, gym, swimming, beaches etc.

Dentalife Dental Chews Loyalty Pack, Large, 3 x 426 g
Dentalife Dental Chews Loyalty Pack, Large, 3 x 426 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Supplement, not substitute to teeth cleaning, 27 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dental chews of any type are not a substitute for cleaning a dogs teeth with a brush and toothpaste; think of them as supplementary. The reason I say this is because the dog chews on them with their back teeth and rarely if at all do they use canines or front teeth on them. Dental chews are less effective on larger dogs that have strong jaws and sharp back teeth as they can cut through these like a hot knife through butter. I have such a dog and he can get through a Pedigree large Dentiskick in a matter of 5 or 6 bites, swallowing large chunks as he goes. However, to their credit, these Dentalife chews are lower in fat and lasted a few bites longer than Dentisticks, so there was a little more benefit.

I don't buy dental sticks with teeth cleaning in mind. I only buy them as a healthier and safer treat than rawhide, pigs ears and biscuits etc. The dog likes them, he hasn't had stomach upsets and there have been no changes to his stools. For that I would recommend them. However, I can't stress enough the benefits of getting in the mouth with a toothbrush. You get to know the dogs teeth, see any signs of injury, decay and disease and preventing the build up of plaque can prevent a whole host of health problems later down the line.

Haig Club Clubman Single Grain Scotch Whisky, 70 cl
Haig Club Clubman Single Grain Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but a little underwhelming, 25 Feb. 2017
I normally drink strong peaty single malts, but I do experiment with other types. This being the other end of the spectrum to my usual tipple I found the initial taste to be somewhat underwhelming and lacking in body, but there is a little tangy almost fruity aftertaste which made up for it. Not something I would order in a pub, but to be fair it is an OK whisky. Would I buy it again? probably not, but I can see the appeal of this drink.

Got this on an Amazon deal for £15 (normally £20+) and for that price I would recommend it, but I wouldn't pay any more for this. I like Famous Grouse, but wouldn't pay £20 for a bottle. I don't buy into the celebrity endorsement of Beckham (don't actually see him drinking it!) or the fancy bottle and I wonder if it is this that bumps the price up.

If you like lighter blended whiskies, give this a try, if like me your prefer heavy, strong tasting whisky, you may not be that fussed on it

Duracell Specialty Type N Alkaline Battery, pack of 2
Duracell Specialty Type N Alkaline Battery, pack of 2
Offered by NANAKI ENTERPRISE UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, good battery, 25 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got these for a large laser pointer which has a tendency to drain cheap batteries. These performed well and outlasted cheaper batteries I've used. No leaks, distortion or corrosion on the terminals. Can't complain about them. They also had a good shelf life of year 2020. These cost around 20% more than the ones I was using, but have easily lasted 50% longer, so I am rethinking the cheap battery purchases now as they seem to be a bit of a false economy in the long run.

KitchenCraft Living Nostalgia Enamel Self-Basting Roaster with Lid, 33.5 x 24 x 14.5 cm - White / Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very well built, 22 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As roasting tins go, this is OK, but by no means the best built pan I have ever experienced. It has a reasonable depth, but a fair portion of that is in the lid. I prefer a deeper pan with a shallow lid to give the option of putting more fluid in for a deeper submersion if the need arises.

There are some rough edges on the inside of the lid and the steel is showing through. This is likely to show signs of rusting within a few months of regular use. The enamelling shows a few signs where it is thinner than other parts, but it is intact.

On the whole, it is OK and it does the job a roasting tin should, but I am not overly impressed with the finish and for the current price of £25 I would have expected a better pan. I would say this is more like a £10 to £12 tin, but even then I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it

Aveeno Baby Daily Care Hair & Body Wash 300 ml
Aveeno Baby Daily Care Hair & Body Wash 300 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good product from Aveeno, 15 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't think I have had an Aveeno product that I didn't like and admittedly I am a bit of a fan of their products. They have quite a good adult range and now they are launching the baby range (or at least it is new to me). The baby wash is very pleasant, not strongly scented and like the other products it seems to have a positive benefit to the skin leaving it soft and smooth (which is a bit of a given with a baby). It is a good skin wash and though I have used it on the hair, I still prefer Johnsons (it's a tradition!). There have been no skin reactions, redness, soreness, just a happy little baby who smells good and I just want to squeeeeze!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20