Profile for TB_family > Reviews

Content by TB_family
Top Reviewer Ranking: 278

TB_family
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SPIDER-MAN C0030EL20 6-Inch "Marvel Legends Series Shocker" Figure
SPIDER-MAN C0030EL20 6-Inch "Marvel Legends Series Shocker" Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking....in a good way, 19 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I originally ordered this and it was mis-picked, then I ordered another and this one turned up as a mis-picked item. You may want to check what you get as soon as it arrives.

As figures go it is very well constructed with plenty of articulation in the joints to form more poses than is humanly possible. The paint finish is far better than the Spiderman UK figure I received first time around and there is a much better finish to the plastic edges too. The plastic shock waves are soft and simply slip over the fists of the figure. There are plenty of poses to be had and the figure keeps a good balance, even with the shock waves attached.

The additional collectable leg is not worth anything unless you are determined to collect all the parts. I think there are about 7 parts to make up the giant figure, so you are looking at around £200+ to finish it unless you can find the individual parts elsewhere. The leg has similar articulation to the main figure, but moving it feels like arthritis has set in a long time ago.

For the current price of £26 it is one of the cheapest in the range, but the quality is as good as the more pricier figures from the set. If you are collecting to keep, the figure comes in a card and blister pack to show off the figure whilst protecting it.

SPIDER-MAN C0034EL20 6-Inch "Marvel Legends Series Jackal" Figure
SPIDER-MAN C0034EL20 6-Inch "Marvel Legends Series Jackal" Figure

5.0 out of 5 stars Good articulation and attention to detail, 19 Jun. 2017
This was a mis-picked item for review for me, but asked to review it anyway.

As figures go it is very well constructed with plenty of articulation in the joints to form more poses than is humanly possible. The waist feels a little looser compared to the other joints, but not excessively loose. The additional collectable leg is not worth anything unless you are determined to collect all the parts. I think there are about 7 parts to make up the giant figure, so you are looking at around £200+ to finish it unless you can find the individual parts elsewhere. The leg is pretty well constructed which is more than I can say for the hand I received with Spiderman UK.

For the current price of £33 it is a bit pricey, but the detail and finish is better than the aforementioned Spiderman UK. The painted finish is pretty high quality. It is a scary looking figure, but if your are going to have a super hero, you have to have a super villain.

If you are collecting these, they do come in a card and blister pack that will show them and protect them
Comment Comment | Permalink

Agapo Bike Repair Set Bag Multi Function Bicycle Tire Repair Tools Kit Puncture Portable Repair Kit
Offered by Obuy Direkt

5.0 out of 5 stars Could make the difference between you walking or riding home., 18 Jun. 2017
This kit was supplied by the seller for product feedback with no obligation or request to review, but I thought I would share my views anyway.

The canvas bag supplied is quite sturdy and pretty well made, though the elasticated bands holding the kit in place don't look like they will last particularly long. That isn't an issue for me as I prefer to pack the items into a under-seat pouch. The bag has cross over velcro straps that will allow it to be anchored to a crossbar. The pump can be fitted to the standard bottle holder bolt holes. 2 bolts are supplied, but if you get longer bolts you may be able to clamp the pump holder and a bottle holder into the same place. With the pump out of the bag and fixed to the frame there is space for you to maybe pack a few extra tools you may like to carry (also space in the patch box).

The gear supplied should get you through most problems encountered with cycling. The 2 levers have a little bit of give in them, but were strong enough to get the tyre off on my Hybrid bike; not sure how they would fair on something like a racing bike where there is a little less slack to play with. I don't repair tubes mostly because I was never any good at it and spare tubes are reasonably cheap. Although the glue less patches supplied might tempt me to give it a go. The pump works well on a car type presta valve. Apparently it will also work on the high pressure schrader valves, but I don't have one to try this out. The pump was able to get my tyre up to a reasonable pressure to be able to ride on if I was stuck out in the open. If you have very high pressure tyres, you may need to use compressed air, which is generally the case when you are looking at 100psi.

The multi-tool has a good range of the most common sizes of hex wrench, 3 sockets, 2 screwdrivers and flat wrench with 4 cut-outs for different sized bolts. Along with the bone wrench, there should be enough to get you through.

This isn't a high spec set of tools, but you can expect it to be for the price. It is a good set of tools for a commuter or casual rider who just may need to tighten something up or get a wheel off and puncture repaired to get them back home. For the more serious cyclists, well I am guessing you wouldn't be looking at this page to start with.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium 64 GB 5.5-Inch UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia XZ Premium 64 GB 5.5-Inch UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Feature rich smart phone, 16 Jun. 2017
Length:: 0:05 Mins

This phone is an upgrade to a Samsung s7 edge so I will draw some comparisons from that.

Initial unboxing shows the superbly crafted phone, charging cable, charger, earphones with clip and spare buds. I popped in a 32GB micro SD and my SIM (SIM tray did not come out with the card - not sure if a fault) I was able to put the phone back to back and have android import some settings and apps along with synching my gmail account. Most things were imported, but not my email accounts from other providers. I was also able to set up the finger print reader which is conveniently placed on the side power button. I had read that fingerprint wasn't available (it definitely is). The only thing I then had to do was log into certain apps and I was ready to go.

The phone is somewhat larger than the S7 for what is essentially the same size screen, although available real estate can be app dependent, the galaxy does have more available to you especially as the home keys are not part of the screen. The S7 has a better low light camera, but the Sony has a much more vibrant look to it. The slow motion video is mightily impressive, but is very grainy and dark in anything but bright light - though I am still learning. You basically start a video recording and then tap the screen when you want it to capture the slow-mo, then tap again to return to normal. The play back runs like a video then suddenly slows right down, then resumes. I've a lot of playing around to do, but I can see me using this quite a lot. There is also a single shot slow mo, but before you jump right in and think this is cool; you only get about a quarter of a second record time in super slow-mo (960 fps) whichever way you record it, though in long record mode you can tap slow mo a few times. I found it almost impossible to capture some of the stuff I wanted in single shot and your timing has to be spot on. There is a 120 fps video mode where in post-record you can select which parts of the video you want to slow down during playback. Quite easy to do, but 120 isn't as impressive as 960 fps.

All other functions are much the same as most other top smart phones running Android 7.x. The GPS is pretty accurate, sound quality is very good, it ships with its share of bloatware as manufacturers are want to do, but they can be disabled and your own installed. I am having less problems with the Bluetooth on the Sony than I did with the S7 - mostly with synching apps like the Polar watch and Oral-B toothbrush. Call quality is clear and the caller has no problems with hearing me.

So far the initial impressions are that this is a stylish, sleek and elegant smart phone with plenty of power and battery life for what I need. I need to charge every evening as I always have, so not seeing any major difference to the S7. As I get to learn more about this little beauty I will feedback any problems I have. I'll get some images and a video up as soon as I can.

Igenix IG9901 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner, 9000BTU, 2000 W - White
Igenix IG9901 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner, 9000BTU, 2000 W - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool as a cucumber, 16 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First thing you need to know about this is that there is a big hose out of the back of it that will need to either be plumbed into a vent like a tumble dryer or fed through an open window. The pipe is only about 1.5m long so if feeding it through a window you will be limited on height. There are extensions (though not recommended) and window kits available to anchor it in place, but you will need to check availability and suitability beforehand. Initially, I was put off by this and the fact that you shouldn't really have an open window when you have air con running. However, the exhaust through the pipe is quite warm and having used this several times to effectively cool a room down my initial concerns have been put to bed.
I only a need the unit for the air con facility as humidity is not an issue for me, so I am not too sure on how good this is at dehumidifying. I have some walls that are due to be plastered so I may use this to help remove some of the water from the air as the walls dry out. I’ll update this when the job is done.
The standalone fan is great at cooling a small room on milder days (doesn’t need the hose), but it is only pushing around room air. If you want to get the heat down, get the air con running. It can bring the temperature down quite rapidly on a medium sized living room and does a good job of maintaining a steady temperature. It has been superb over the week when we had a few hot days. My retriever was particularly happy with it!
The major plus for me is running it for half an hour or so before I go to bed. It makes a big difference in getting off to sleep. There is a sleep function to turn it off automatically, but I find it a bit noisy and with the house being well insulated, the temperature stays down for quite a while after it goes off. No more tossing and turning and throwing bed sheets off. It is a cool comfortable room throughout the night.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2017 4:07 PM BST

Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky Gift Box, 70 cl
Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky Gift Box, 70 cl
Offered by The Wine Cellar

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoking, 14 Jun. 2017
When they say this is the most richly flavoured of whiskies, they are not joking. I find this to be one of the strongest smoky/peat tastes of all the whiskies I have tried. As soon as you pour a glass you get that instant hit of a delicious heavy smoke.

I only drink whisky neat and so I sometimes get a burn from harsher whiskies. This isn't quite as smooth as Lagavulin, but at the same time it isn't so rough on the back of your throat like others. I have to say that I prefer this to the quarter cask Laphroaig and it is an ideal drink to finish off an evening meal.

Laphroaig Ten Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl
Laphroaig Ten Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoking, 14 Jun. 2017

Marvel Legends: Spider-Man - Spider Man UK 15cm Action Figure
Marvel Legends: Spider-Man - Spider Man UK 15cm Action Figure
Offered by Prime Product Distributors

4.0 out of 5 stars Spidey for the UK, 12 Jun. 2017
This was a mis-picked item for me, but I think it is better than the shocker figure I had ordered so I am not complaining.

As figures go it is very well constructed with plenty of articulation in the joints to form more poses than is humanly possible. The additional collectable hand is not worth anything unless you are determined to collect all the parts. I think there are about 7 parts to make up the giant figure, so you are looking at around £200+ to finish it unless you can find the individual parts elsewhere. I am not sure if the hand is supposed to easily separate from the forearm on the part, but it does. Something I would be a bit peeved to find out after spending so much on it.

For the current price of £30 I thought the finish on some of the paint could have been a little better. There were a few flaws and some of the plastic edges could have been polished off a little smoother, other than that it is a top toy.

Splash About Kids' New Improved Happy Nappy, Noah's Ark, 6-12 Months
Splash About Kids' New Improved Happy Nappy, Noah's Ark, 6-12 Months

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for swim time, 11 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We can't take our baby into the swim club without protection such as this. The one I was using was OK for a short time, but the tight leg seals were leaving red marks (if left too long it would probably lead to pressure sores). This one is a whole lot better. The leg and waist cuffs are softer, wider and the tapering ensures a good seal without leaving tight ring marks of our previous make. There is plenty of space for a nappy and no restrictions on movement. seams are all soft with no scratchy edges.

Unfortunately, these came along a little late and I will probably only get a few weeks out of them before they are outgrown, but I will definitely be staying with the brand.

I'll upload a picture with the sizing chart as they do recommend you look at the size of the child more than the age group they should be in
Comment Comment | Permalink

QualGear QG-PCBL-HD20-3FT 3 ft HDMI Premium Certified 2.0 Cable with 24K Gold Plated Contacts

5.0 out of 5 stars It works as it should., 11 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As HDMI cables go this one works. It is very nicely made and looks and feels like it is made to last. I don't really see why it needs to be made with 24k gold plating - it is more marketing than necessity. In the old analogue days cable quality made a difference as you could suffer signal loss and even that was only with good quality sound and audio systems. It really isn't that important with digital home systems. The braiding and bonding to the connectors is superb and may help if this is a cable that you will be swapping around regularly, but most cables are plugged in and left alone for years so it may unnecessary for most people.

I replaced a 2 year old Amazon basics HDMI cable with this one and nobody can tell the difference, and for good reason, there is no difference.

It is an exceptionally good cable and worthy of 5 stars, but not knowing how much it is going to sell for I can't comment on value for money. Other than that, it is just another certified HDMI 2.0 cable. If you are just linking up a TV to a PS, DVD, Blu-ray player, then an Amazon basics cable will do the trick.

Hopefully this will be sold at a reasonable and competitive price. If it isn't I would seriously advise you get a cheap Amazon basic cable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20