Profile for TB_family > Reviews

Content by TB_family
Top Reviewer Ranking: 196

TB_family
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aveeno 75 ml Skin Relief Hand Cream
Aveeno 75 ml Skin Relief Hand Cream

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, 29 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a big fan of Aveeno Daily Moisturising Hand Cream so I was expecting an equally good product. My expectations were met. This is slightly thinner than the daily moisturiser, but that is not a bad thing. You do not need a lot of cream for your hands, about 2 pea sized amounts is enough depending on how dry your skin is. As yo work it in, it doesn't feel like it is going to work into the skin, but it will. You hands are then left feeling soft with supple skin. It is an effective barrier for finger tips that are starting to split or crack, but deeper fissures may take longer to see the benefit. My hands are generally good, but working in the garden in the cold weather take its toll on my finger tips. The daily moisturiser is effective at keeping the damage down, but this cream just gives a little more relief.

This afternoon I washed the car in the cold dry wind and my hands were quite red and sore afterwards. This cream helped to get my skin feeling like normal is a short space of time. It is by no means a pain relieving cream, but it seems to help. There is no overpowering smell and is suitable for men or women.

I am going to stick to the Aveeno daily moisturiser, but switch to this during the dry cold snaps or when my hands play up.

Kingsway Fruity Caramels 3 Kg
Kingsway Fruity Caramels 3 Kg
Offered by Monmore Confectionery

5.0 out of 5 stars Devilishly moreish., 29 Nov. 2016
Note that the Kingsway 3Kg Fruity Caramels I had was from the seller Monmore Confectionery. There are multiple sellers on this page and products may vary (better or worse) between sellers.

This Christmas I broke from tradition and instead of giving Christmas cards I furnished my office with 3Kg of these fruity caramels and 2Kg of coffee beans. I wasn't sure how my gift would be received, but after a big pot off freshly ground coffee and a handful of chews, the staff seemed to think it was far better than getting a card from me and my idea may just catch on.

These are really nice; 4 flavours, Strawberry, Lemon, Blackcurrant and Orange. I can't really tell them apart that well, they all just taste fruity to me, but others seem to go for Blackcurrant and Strawberry. They are cubes of chewy naughtiness that are not unlike Starburst chews, just a bit smaller and devilishly moreish. There seems to be an even mix of flavours and the Sell By date I had on mine was around 8 months.

I didn't have the same issues others have had with stuck wrappers or sticky gloopy mess. However, my office is air conditioned and cool which may help. It could also be that other buyers have been unlucky enough to have a bag that hadn't been stored correctly before shipping.
Comment Comment | Permalink

CyberLink PowerDirector 15 Ultimate - Creative Movie Making (PC)
CyberLink PowerDirector 15 Ultimate - Creative Movie Making (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of potential, 28 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At this time I can only comment on the more basic elements. I've not used it yet with 4K, 3D or 360 vids. I still have a lot to learn

There is a lot to take in with this and if you are new to video editing then it can be a bit of a steep learning curve, but there are some very nice rewards for your efforts.Initially, it had a familiar feel to other basic video editors I've used, so it didn't take a lot of trial and error to achieve some simple edits. However, I did have to start looking at help files for a few other tricks.

My main use of this is for cutting up old VHS rips, removing dead space before and after and then splicing split tapes together. I was also using it to edit some old VHS TV recorded rugby matches for a relative. It was ideal for removing adverts, clipping out bad franes and trimming down the fat. Despite the big file sizes, this was able to handle them easy enough, although, a low spec machine may struggle. I have also started trimming down some of my digital home videos to free up storage space where it has handled a variety of formats. Of course there is more to it than trimming and clipping. There are a host of tools to flower up your videos, remove or add audio, splice videos together and add basic effects into the video.

There is also some screen recording software as part of the package. This can be set to record the whole screen or just a selected area which is ideal for doing tutorials.

I've only been scratching at the surface with this, but I can see that it has a lot more potential. I am not overly creative when it comes to the final edit, but I am starting to warm to the idea of vid-gazzling my movies. I'm getting a new camera soon, so I hope to experiment with some HD video.

Fly London Men's Balk837fly Hi-Top Sneakers, Brown (Brown 002), 11 UK
Fly London Men's Balk837fly Hi-Top Sneakers, Brown (Brown 002), 11 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Narrow fit, 27 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is always some differences between shoe makers when it comes to sizes and I find myself going from one to another size depending on the shoe. I got a size 11 for someone who wears 11 / 12, but these were far too small. I am a size 10 and found these a shade big in length, but not flopping around. What I did find is that they were a bit tight in width and they do look like quite a narrow shoe.

I decided to wear them as they were not overly big and I had hoped that they would give a little in the width. After a few days I found them to be moderately comfortable, but there is not a great deal of cushioning in them, which isn't a drama if you are just walking a mile or 2 around shops / pubs / general out and about. I only had one day of discomfort in the heels and this was because I had been on my feet all day. The other odd sensation I have when wearing these is that whilst they have flat soles, when standing still it feels like the heels are worn down and your foot wants to roll back a little.

They are OK shoes and I wouldn't put someone off buying them, but for me I would probably opt for something with more shock absorbency in the heel.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Egomall Touch Sensitive Plasma Ball Light Sphere Lightning Light Magical Ball for Parties, Decorations, Prop, Kids, Bedroom, Home and Gifts
Offered by Wangyishengshi

4.0 out of 5 stars Focal point for any office desk, 27 Nov. 2016
Length:: 0:19 Mins

Note that the plasma ball I had was from the seller Wangyishengshi. There are multiple sellers on this page and products may vary (better or worse) between sellers.

There was an issue with the order in that the USB cable was missing. I contacted the company who replied the same day with an apology and sent one out in the post and gave me a tracking number straight away.

There are 2 points I need to mention regarding the Amazon page description. The Amazon page shows a picture of a rather large plasma ball with a hand touching it, but it is much smaller. It says it reacts to voice, it reacts to loud sounds in close proximity such as a clap, but doesn't react when speaking near it, not unless you shout.

Despite this, I really like this plasma ball and it has become a focal point of my desk in work. Everyone who walks past it is compelled to touch it. As with all plasma balls, they are at their most impressive when in the dark, but are just as cool in daylight. If you can give this a shaded spot on your desk it will really attract attention. Plasma balls don't do a lot other than spark around and send a concentrated arc of light to your fingers when you touch the glass, but they are fun and mesmerising to watch. They are safe to touch and unlike a Van de Graaff generator of similar shape, you won't get a shock from touching it.

I received one of these free of charge for the purpose of providing the seller feedback on the product. They have not asked for a review, doing so was my own decision to assist others. I have no affiliation with the seller or manufacturer.

Cargo Cover for SUV EZYKOO Waterproof Scratch-Resistant Quilted Cargo Liner/Cover/Mats Size 41(W)X62(L) Dog Pet Car Cover for SUVs VANs
Offered by EcoolTek

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit short for an estate, but should be OK with a hatch back, 20 Nov. 2016
I've always bought custom cut liners to keep the boot clean of muddy dog feet. The last one I bought was for an Astra estate, It was a good piece of kit, but it set me back £250. Whilst it did the job, like others before it, I had to play around with getting the sides to stay in place after the fittings wore out. This time around I decided to shop around for a cheaper alternative. Fortunately, I was offered this one to look at with no obligation to review, so I gave it a go. It wasn't bad, so I decided to review it and hopefully help someone either avoid a mistake or keep their boot clean.

First thing you need to know is that these are general covers, they may be fantastic in some cars, but useless in others.
This was being fitted into a Mondeo estate. Unfortunately, it is slightly too short for an estate and won't fold down to cover the bumper, which is a bit of a must for me as the dog tends to stand on it to get into the car. Other than that it gives good protection for the sides and base of the boot.

Fitting the liner was easy enough. However, to get the sides to stay up you need to use the velcro tabs built in. If you have plastic sides then it is a case of removing the backing paper, sticking it in place and then pulling it apart when you need to remove the liner. BUT - sticky-back velcro never sticks properly in the extreme temperature changes of a car. It will just peel off from the plastic. This is no reflection on the seller, it is the same with every liner I have ever had. The adhesive breaks down when subject to roasting summers and freezing winters. The hook and loops become stronger than the adhesive used to stick them to the car. On top of that the plastic in the car is not a smooth surface which doesn't help. I usually fashion some semi permanent fitting or never remove the liner until I sell the car. If you don't have fabric sides, you need to pull apart the velcro and the hook part will grip the fabric. BUT - repeated removal will cause the fabric to fuzz up. Again, no reflection on the seller, it is the same with every one I have had. The rear panel is easier to anchor, there are straps that loop around the head rest pillars and hold it up.

On all the custom made liners I have had, I have always had to use a little imagination to get the liners to stay on the sides. Some I have screwed into place, others I have sewn in some paracord and tied them to the body work. It is no different with this one really, but it costs a fraction of the custom made liners. The only liner that I saw that stays upright without fixings was a fold up semi-rigid liner and it cost stupid money.

If you are prepared to do a little DIY with this liner to protect the sides it will save you a small fortune compared to custom made ones (which often still need some additional work). It is staying in my car for the time being until I find a longer one as it is keeping the boot clean.

Photos to follow

NESTLÉ The Big Biscuit Box 70 Chocolate Biscuit Bars
NESTLÉ The Big Biscuit Box 70 Chocolate Biscuit Bars
Offered by Coffee Supplies Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as a snack box of treats, 20 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are OK, but nothing that really says 4 stars or above. It's basically a box of loose single wrapped chocolate bars of 5 varieties. KitKat, Breakaway, ToffeeCrisp, Drifter and BlueRibband. The ToffeeCrisp is laughably small the others all seem to be slightly smaller too, so these really are snack sized things. That in itself isn't a bad thing given that 1 KitKat in this box contains 14% of the daily adult recommended intake of saturated fat and 12% sugars.

The sell by date on my box was 4 months, which I think is a little short. Either that is the correct and full date or a deliberate thing to keep shops rolling stock over or they have been hanging around in a warehouse for a few months. The taste was pretty much what I expected them to be, no better or worse than the unboxed equivalents.

Something to get for Halloween, Christmas or a kids party, but you just may be better off getting a few fun bags from a supermartket
Comment Comment | Permalink

Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Griffin Rock Firehouse Headquarters Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty to keep imaginative minds occupied., 19 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is pretty well made and doesn't feel like it will fall apart after 5 mins playtime. The top parts of the firehouse lift up to make it a bit taller. The base has a few fold down parts to add to the stability, but on a thick carpet it is still a bit wobbly. There are plenty of things to push, pull, fire and it even comes with the essential fire pole to slide down to keep an imaginative little boy or girl occupied. I have some additional rescue bots toys ordered, so I will see if they fit in with the firehouse theme.

When lay time is done, it packs away neatly and doesn't take up a lot of room. An ideal gift for a Rescue Bot fan.

Samsung Smart Home Camera: Full HD Compact Indoor Security Auto Tracking Pan/tilt Camera, CCTV, Baby Monitor, Two-Way Audio, Motion Detect (SNH-V6410PN/UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good security and monitoring device - if you have good broadband speed, 19 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good camera with a nice clear picture and good low light / darkness images. The unit itself is quite well built with smooth motor action and it comes with a wall mounting bracket or if you prefer there is a tri-pod thread in the base. It is let down a little by the software. It is quirky and took a little messing around with in order to get it going. There are some on-screen instructions with the app, but there was a few places where I had to figure out what to do next. You have to set up an account with the app and also have a log in set up for the camera. I didn't like the fact that I could only support a short alphanumeric password. I would rather have something a lot stronger to make sure it doesn't get hacked.

When it was up and running the camera I was able to pan and tilt and (digitally) zoom in and out. As a monitoring camera for the baby it was very good in a darkened room. It gives off a red glow around the lens - presumably a warning light more than Infra-Red, but this wasn't intrusive and didn't disturb the baby. It has to be near a power point for the USB adaptor to plug in, but in fairness they have supplied a very long micro-USB cable to power it.

The sound monitor was very good with quiet snuffles and baby noises coming through the phone quiet clearly. I have not been able to get the 2 way speaker working. I'm still scratching my head on that one, but not a priority for me. My issue is that my home broadband is very poor and so it struggles to stream a decent image and when I move the camera there is a lot of lag. This is no reflection of the camera, but something you need to think about. I would think that with a fibre line it should be much better.

The tracking is freaky. I walk around the room and the camera lens follows me, not something I use at the moment, but will be good when I start to use it as a security camera instead of a monitor. You can also set it to capture when a person walks past it and record direct to a Micro-USB card.

Ideal baby (sitter) monitor or an elderly relative who has home help. Not that I think it is right to watch over them, but there have been many cases where a camera has flushed out bad carers.

Fitglam Men's Boxer Shorts Trunks Ultra-breathable Bamboo Fiber Underwear 3 Pack
Offered by Fitglam UK

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and shaped for the gentleman., 18 Nov. 2016
I received one of these from Amazon, courtesy of the seller. They have not asked for or tried to influence a review and I have no affiliation with the seller or manufacturer.

The fit was exactly right for me. These are comfortable to wear with good support and have an allowance for the gentlemanly figure so you don't feel squashed in, but at the same time you don't have everything flopping around. There is a cut out for toilet visits, but with sufficient overlap so that you don't get any accidental pop outs.

This is the first time I have experienced bamboo fibre and I didn't really know what to expect. I feared the worse, but what I received was actually very nice quality. It is a soft material, smoother to the touch than cotton, but with similar qualities. I haven't felt hot or sweaty and where cotton fibres relax and the underwear can lose its shape throughout the day, these seem to keep true to their form.

They are a little long for my personal liking and I am not a fan of white, though I can't mark them down for that as my personal likes are not a reflection on the good quality of this underwear. I would like to see the ability to choose pack colours when ordering, something I will feedback to the company who supplied them. Had I bought these I would have been happy with them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20