Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 137

SBno1
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scotch 2050PCWB 24 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Scotch 2050PCWB 24 mm x 50 m Greener Masking Tape - Beige
Offered by Office Specialties Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean edges, no bleeding, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've always been a bit lazy in the past when it comes to painting. I tend not to mask off areas and use a steady hand instead, but the finish is never really that neat. I used to not care too much, but as my DIY skills improved over the years I started to take a bit more pride in my work. Now I use an adaption of the old military 7 Ps approach (you will have to google that one). Now I spend a little more time on preparation and taping up edges before I strike out. In the end spending a little time taping up can actually save you time in the long run.

The tape gives a good seal to wood, glass and painted surfaces. I have used it on lacquered and polished surfaces too, but I don't leave it on for long. I haven't noticed any bleeding under the tape as I have on some other cheaper tapes, but some rough surfaces may allow bleeding. Most of the roll was used for household painting, but I have also used it to secure paper sheeting to a car when spraying over some bumper scuffs. It held the paper firmly in place and peeled off cleanly from both painted and plastic surfaces and there was no residue left behind.

3M Wetordry Assorted Grits Sandpaper Sheets, 230 x 280 mm - Pack of 1 (4 Sheets)
Offered by ISE Forest & Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality paper, 13 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good sized sheets with a grit that is strongly bonded to the paper. Doesn't clog up and gives a good finish. Lasts a decent amount of time. I have used these on a block and it folds neatly over it without breaking up.

You get 1 coarse, 2 medium and 1 fine. Personally would have liked to see an additional finer polishing grit on there, but can't complain as you get what is advertised.

A lot better than some of the cheaper sheets you get at discount DIY stores.

Offered by Xintop

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up a garden, 30 Jun. 2016
I received one of these from Amazon, courtesy of the seller. They have not asked for or tried to influence a review and I have no affiliation with the seller or manufacturer.

In the box you get a string of 200 LED lights which are connected to a battery pack that is charged through the attached solar panel. You also get a 2 piece ground peg on which to mount the solar panel. You just need to ensure that the solar panel is in a position to catch as much of the sun as possible throughout the day. Whilst it will get some charge when in indirect sunlight, it is best mounted in a south facing position and direct sunlight. If not it will still light up in the evening, but quickly run flat as the battery will never reach full charge, but I guess if it lasts long enough in the evening for you to enjoy them it doesn't make much difference if they run flat in the early hours.

The lights are bright and decorative (I had the plain white lights). Ideal to decorate a garden fence, small tree or placed around the fascia board of the house. There are a range of lighting options that you can switch to. Mine are on constantly which does drain the battery more than some of the other modes, but they are still on when I go to bed. Come the winter they probably won't last as long, but there is no avoiding the short days in the UK.

They switch on automatically when it gets dark and off when light. If you have a lot of light pollution in the garden, then it may prevent the lights coming on as it will be tricked into thinking it's daytime. They have been outside in some torrential summer rain and this does not seem to have affected them. Very happy with these and they really brighten up a garden, especially in the summer evenings.
Comment Comment | Permalink

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Clean Power
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Clean Power

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh lively scent, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cheeky citrus fresh scented shower gel. Probably better used in the morning as it is quite refreshing, in the evening I prefer to use the sport version from this range as it has darker tones.

It is slightly thinner gel than others from this range so I highly recommend using a man scourer like the Lynx ones you see hanging up in mens toiletries aisles at dept. stores, else you could be wasting a lot of this.

It lathers up nicely to give a clean and lively feel to the skin. Rinses away easily. Can be used on hair, but I only do so in an emergency situation where I forgot shampoo. Not that it is bad on the hair, but I prefer to use a purpose made product. I haven't had any skin complaints since using this gel - very happy with it

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Invincible Sport
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Invincible Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product with a manly scent, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is one of the better L'Oreal Paris shower gels I have tried. It is a burnt orange colour and has a dark masculine scent about it. The scent is quite subtle so only close intimate contact will reveal it. The advantage to this is that is doesn't overpower or interfere with any cologne you may also like to use.

It lathers up nicely and rinses off just as easily as it goes on. Best used with a man scourer like the Lynx ones you often see hanging up around the men's toiletries in dept. stores. Can be used on the hair, but I only do that if I have to as I prefer to use a purpose made shampoo.

I've had no skin irritation, drying out of skin or any other skin problems since using this.

Offered by Xintop

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up a garden, 26 Jun. 2016

Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes - Pack of 18 (Total 1008 Wipes)
Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes - Pack of 18 (Total 1008 Wipes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with these, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are tougher than the huggies wipes I have been using. Just the right level of moisture in these, even when you get down to the bottom of the pack. One wipe is usually enough, unless there is a particular bad mess to clean up. I haven't seen any skin reactions to using these so I am quite happy with them. The only very minor issue is that you often need 2 hands to pull a wipe out as they cling together and they end up coming out in a stream. This is a bit difficult if you are holding the baby's legs in one hand. Not a major problem as I have learnt to get a wipe ready before I start a change.

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Cool Power
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Cool Power
Offered by MM Health and Beauty

3.0 out of 5 stars OK shower Gel, false marketing claims!, 23 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fresh scented shower gel, gives a decent lather and rinses off cleanly. It is a little on the thin side so you can over apply it if you squeeze the bottle too hard. It is an OK product and leaves the skin clean and nicely scented. The cooling effecting quite frankly is non-existent. The first time I tried it I thought is had a slight chilling, but with additional use I feel absolutely no differently than if I had used another shower gel. I find the Mint shower gels to be more chilling. For me the -4 degrees claim is simply preposterous and where did they come up with that figure? There is a very mild tingle on the skin to start, but quickly ends before the shower. Any coolness afterwards is simply water evaporating off the skin. The quote "The icy explosion cools down the temperature of your skin to keep you fresh all day long" is just plain false.

Don't get me wrong, I am not slating the product itself, it's a good gel and one I would use again, just don't pay any attention to the hype and you won't be disappointed.

It can be used on the hair, but my hair has been drying out since trying it. OK to use on the hair in emergencies when you have forgotten your shampoo, but I can't see me using it on my hair too often.

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Total Clean
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Total Clean

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient all in one, 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't too convinced with the claims as a 5 in 1, but I kept an open mind. It is a creamy gel that lathers up nicely, rinses off the body without issue and I haven't had any irritation as a result of using it.
As a shower gel it is perfectly fine and no worse than other quality brands. It leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean, just what you want and without an overpowering scent.
As a facial cleanser it is just the same as it is on the rest of the body. If you have troublesome skin, you may want to stick to a specific facial scrub or treatment.
As a shampoo it feels a little slimy on the hair, but rinses out cleanly and easily and leaves the hair feeling clean and surprisingly soft afterwards.
As a shave gel, it is OK in emergencies or where you just want to take one bottle away on holiday. One could argue any soap will do, but this is a little more lubricating than soft soap and not as drying as some shower gels. I wouldn't want to shave too often using this alone, but it is OK when the need arises.
As a moisturiser, I can't say that it made my skin feel like it has been moisturised, but also I can't say that my skin dried out. If you want moisturised skin, try a body moisturise, but as above it is better than nothing and ideal when you want to lighten the load when traveling.

L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Hydra Power
L'Oreal Paris ME Shower Gel 300 ml, Hydra Power

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shower gel, terrible sales waffle, 22 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very nice shower gel and leaves you feeling fresh and clean and doesn't have an overpowering scent. It can be used on hair so it does mean I don't have to carry different bottles to the gym. the thin cream like gel does lather up nicely without turning the shower into a bubble bath. Rinses off cleanly and it hasn't caused me any skin irritation. It stands on its head so as you get to the end of the bottle you don't have to do a rain dance in the shower to get the last bits out.

I am more than happy with it as a shower gel. However, I do take issue with the claim that it keeps you hydrated for 24 hours and that it is the ultimate hydration. After a few hours out of the shower my skin doesn't really look or feel any different. It is also powered by mountain water, I fail to see what difference that can really make or how it adds power to the gel. I personally think it s just a load of sales waffle and I am not sold on it, but like I said, as a shower gel it is as good as any other quality brand.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20