Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 108

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Purina ONE My Dog Is Adult Beef & Rice Dry Dog Food 800g (Pack of 4)
Purina ONE My Dog Is Adult Beef & Rice Dry Dog Food 800g (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 27 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this to our little terrier who looked nonplussed that I had changed her food. After a few sniffs she walked away. I left the food down as she rarely eats in one sitting. A while later I noticed the food was gone . She had 3 meals in total when one evening I could hear her belly making some very loud rumblings and constant gurgling. She didn't seem too bothered, but I am sure it couldn't have been comfortable. It went on for a few hours until the gurgling gas reached its final destination. Then it was like Handel's Trumpet concerto in D. She was producing so much sulphur gas that my pet canary though it was back down in the mines and had a panic attack.

The food is small crunchy kibble that will have your dog having to crunch them up, so it may help tartar control.

I can't say that it specifically made the dog unwell as it could have just been a change in diet, but I am going to stick with her usual food and not change it again. It was OK and I am sure other dogs won't have a problem with it, but I can only give it 3 stars at this time.

Science in Sport 1 kg Strawberry Whey Protein Powder
Science in Sport 1 kg Strawberry Whey Protein Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars A good all-round protein shake, 26 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This 1KG tub is a reasonable size to store in a kitchen cupboard without hogging all the space. It is foil sealed for freshness and security and it comes with a measuring scoop (you may have to dig around for it if the content has settled).

On opening the (strawberry flavoured) tub there is no strong or over powering smell like others I have tried. The instructions are to take 30g of protein per 250ml of water, but I only ever mix mine with semi-skimmed milk as I hate the texture of water only shakes. I am not sure if there is a positive or negative effect with taking it with milk, but I don't suppose it makes a huge difference.

On the first use of a new product I tend to slightly under measure the mix as some have bloated me in the past. After a few uses I found the 30g measure to be just fine. I have taken this before meals and this has not spoilt my appetite in the slightest (unlike other brands I have tried). I found the taste to be a little weaker than others I have previously experienced, but the taste was not unpleasant and I could detect the taste of strawberry.

The real test of this shake for me is the recovery pattern. I have to say that using this shake after several late afternoon workouts (following my usual routine) I found that I wasn't feeling as dog tired as I have been, I have had a feeling of a little more energy and aching less in the evening and next day. My weekly routine works on various muscle groups and the shake seems to have a universal recovery effect. I haven't had any negative effects and it hasn't altered my sleep pattern.

Overall I would recommend this shake to people who are looking for something simple for recovery purposes. I am quite happy to say that this is helping me with my workouts and the recovery times and I am happy to give this 5 stars.

LingsFire® Waterproof IP65 Super Bright 400 Lumens 32 LED Solar Powered PIR Motion Sensor Induction Lamp Light Nightlight For Outdoor Staircase Porch Garden Patio Yard Drive Way Lighting(Black)
Offered by LingsFire

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright solar light that needs no DIY skills to fit, 25 May 2015
Length:: 0:45 Mins

I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this is identical to the retail item.

The attached video just gives an overall look at the lamp. Unfortunately, in darkness my camera compensates for the light coming on and makes the light look darker than it is. The video just gives an idea of what it is like and how it brightens up.

These types of outdoor lights are a real breeze to put up. You really don't need a lot of DIY experience to fit them and they require no wiring, which means no electrician and no certificates to say that you have made alterations to the mains wiring. Likewise, there is no messing about with timers, sensitivity and coverage; the pre-set values are fine for most circumstances and the light is armed at dusk.

As this light is slightly longer than 4 LED version, it needs 2 screws to hold it in place. You have a cardboard template in the box that you can use to mark the wall. Drill the holes, pop in the wall plugs and tighten up the screws (supplied), but leave a few mm sticking out. Then you just line up the lamp and slot it onto the screws.

For me I was fixed this onto a wooden fence, so it just took a few minutes. You do need to have the solar panel mounted so that it faces the sun as much as possible, so south facing is best. However, as long as it catches the sun enough to give it a reasonable charge it should be OK depending on how you set the lamp up. If you have a garden that is a bit of a sun trap, then you can have the lamp switch on at dusk with a dim light, but brightens up when someone walks into range. The light will stay bright until you walk back out of range. If like me the garden is partially shaded during the day, you could set the lamp to stay off until someone walks into range. That way the batteries are not draining all night.

On the point of batteries, this takes two 18650 batteries and they are removable. If you had a garden that doesn't catch the sun, then you could get a battery charger and recharge the batteries whenever they run low. A fully charged set should last for a few weeks if the lamp is only set to come on when tripped.

This is by no means a security flood light, but being 400 lumens it is bright and will certainly light up a small area with enough light to be able to see what you are doing. I have this at the back of my garage where I keep my bins, when the light comes on I can clearly see which bin I need not trip over the junk that I have hidden there. If you don't want something that is too bright, then I reccomend the LingsFire 4 LED lamp.

If you looking for a solar light with a bit of a kick, then this should do the trick.

LingsFire® Waterproof Wall Mount 4 LED Solar Powered PIR Motion Sensor Motion Activated Lamp Light Nightlight With Auto On/Off Function For Outdoor Staircase Porch Garden Patio Yard Drive Way Lighting
Offered by LingsFire

5.0 out of 5 stars No DIY skills necessary., 25 May 2015
Length:: 0:26 Mins

These types of outdoor lights are a real breeze to put up. You really don't need a lot of DIY experience to fit them and they require no wiring, which means no electrician and no certificates to say that you have made alterations to the mains wiring. Likewise, there is no messing about with timers, sensitivity and coverage; the pre-set values are fine for most circumstances. You just need to fix it and remove the film layers over the lamp and solar panel.

For me I was fixing this onto a wooden fence, so I had the thing mounted in less time it took me to open the box! You do need to have the solar panel mounted so that it faces the sun as much as possible, so south facing is best. However, as long as it catches the sun enough to give it a reasonable charge it should be OK, if not, you may find that the light will stop working after a few hours of darkness. In my case that is no problem as I don't go out into my garden late into the night. Finally, I noticed that this will still charge up on overcast days as it was still working after 3 days of cloudy weather.

The light will come on at dusk, but on a dim setting to conserve power. If you approach the light it will brighten up and stay on full brightness until you walk out of range. This is by no means a security flood light, but it is great for spots where there is complete darkness and you want to avoid tripping or just see where you are. If you want something a lot brighter I would recommend the LingsFire 32 LED lamp.

If you have an aversion to DIY or just don't have the time to mess about setting up a lamp, this should suit you just fine.

The Pure 60ml Screen Cleaner Kit contains only Eco-Friendly, Bio Degradable and Hypo Allergenic ingredients. NO chemicals. NO alcohol. Naturally removes all dust, dirt, marks and stains from LED, LCD, Plasma TV, iPhone, Samsung, Sony, Smartphones, iMac, Laptop, Computers, Touch Screens and CD's to leave them gleaming clean.
Offered by VinylClear

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see clearly now the streaks have gone!, 24 May 2015

I have used various screen cleaners over the years and they give some varied results with some working well on one type of screen, but no so good on another. This spray has given good results on all screen types I have tried it on. The main constituent is plain old water, but with some lemon (presumably helping to cut through greasy fingerprints), decyl glucoside (a natural plant product found in some baby shampoos) and sodium gluconate (a cleaning compound often used on glass). As far as I am aware, there is nothing particularly alarming about these products and all are considered to be safe especially if you have sensitive skin.

Rather than spraying directly onto the screen, you are instructed to give a few sprays onto the supplied microfibre cloth. Then wipe over the screen and as it is drying out, buff the screen with a dry part of the cloth. I was quite surprised at how quick this works, normally I would have to keep polishing the screen, but it is very fast and leaves no smearing behind. This worked on a matt effect laptop screen, high gloss laptop screen and a touch screen mobile phone. All results were an instant, clear, smear and smudge free screen.

On my work monitors I use a stationers purpose made screen cleaner that always leaves feint smears that can easily be seen when the light catches it at the right angle, but this has left them completely streak free with very little effort. To say I was impressed would be an understatement.

The bottle gives a very fine misted spray and you don't need a lot to do the job. 1 spray should do for a phone with 3-4 on a large monitor or TV screen, so a small bottle should last some time.

Levin™ PU Leather Household Rectangular Tissue Holder Box Cover Dispenser Napkin Holder Tray Pumping for House Hotel Car (Black) Price-off Promotions for Valentine's Day
Offered by Levin Official

5.0 out of 5 stars Give your tissues an executive look, 23 May 2015

The Levin range of office accessories are really quite impressive and this tissue box is in keeping with the range and style. This is a solid box that is finished with a chunky stitching style. The material has the look and feel of leather, but is a man-made material. It is tough and hard wearing and gives the impression that it will last for years.

My existing tissue box is just a cover that drops over the tissue box, which is fine until you pick it up and leave the tissue box behind. This one however, has a base panel that closes up and is held securely in place with a few magnets, so when you pick up the box, you pick up the tissues too. The base is the same soft material as the top and sides and should not damage delicate surfaces. It has a little bit of weight to it so when you pick up a tissue and pull it out of the box, it won't also lift the tissue box with it, unless they are particularly tight.

The dimensions I have seen here are, I believe, stating the external dimensions (I believe). Internally, any tissue box will work in this as long as it doesn't exceed 12cm width, 23.5cm length and 7.5cm high, anything under these dimensions will be fine

If you like the tissue box, I would recommend the Levin desk tidy and Levin mouse mat
Comment Comment | Permalink

Levin™ Comfort Wrist Support Wide Mouse Tracking Surface Mat Mouse Mice Pad (Brown)
Offered by Levin Official

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a solid backed mouse mat with a nicely padded wrist rest that is finished with a chunky ..., 23 May 2015

The Levin range of office accessories is really quite impressive and this mouse mat is in keeping with the range and style. This is a solid backed mouse mat with a nicely padded wrist rest that is finished with a chunky stitching style. The material has the look and feel of leather, but is a man-made material. It is tough and hard wearing and has excellent qualities that you need in a mouse mat. My optical mouse works perfectly on this and doesn't skip or dance around. The wrist rest is just the right height to give support to your hand, without interfering with movement. The backing is a soft foam rubber that gives good grip on desk tops. The approximate size of the pad is 22cm at the widest point and 25cm long at the longest points. Unless you have a particularly low resolution mouse, there is plenty of space for the mouse to move around.

If you like the mouse mat, I would recommend the Levin desk tidy and Levin Tissue box
Comment Comment | Permalink

Attmu Wonder Clips, Paper Clips, Blinder Clips, Multi-purpose Clips, 100 Pack, Red
Offered by Attmu UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy clips, plenty of uses, 22 May 2015

These little clips come in a screw top tub to keep them neat and together. They act just like any clip, pinch one end to open the jaws and shove something in, release and they are clamped together. A small spring steel blade gives them enough grip to hold a small wad of paper together. The jaws open up to around 8mm which a quite a wad of paper. The plastic arms are strong enough to exert the pressure needed to open them up without snapping.

These really are simple little clips that can add a little decoration to a dull office. They hold more than a paper clip or staple and are reusable. They can also be used for temporarily and securely holding materials together for further fastening such as when stitching up a seam. There are plenty of uses for these clips, the only restriction is your imagination

Attmu 4mm Highlighter Fluorescent Liquid Chalk Marker Pen, 8 Colors
Attmu 4mm Highlighter Fluorescent Liquid Chalk Marker Pen, 8 Colors
Offered by Attmu UK

5.0 out of 5 stars There is a small weight in the barrel that you will hear rattling around and this helps to mix the ink (a bit like a car paint a, 22 May 2015

When you open this felt marker the nibs are dry white and you have to pump the nib in and out a few times to get the ink to run into the nib. You should give the barrel a shake first to keep the ink mixed as this is a chalky type of ink which is presumably in a suspension. There is a small weight in the barrel that you will hear rattling around and this helps to mix the ink (a bit like a car paint aerosol). When the ink has run into the nib you are ready to go.

It is quite remarkable to see this writing on glass or ceramic tiles it is like a paint that just sticks to it, but like a dry wipe board, it comes off with a wipe. If you are writing on paper the ink dries out to leave a powdery chalk behind. Just like coloured chalk, you can then smudge the powdery residue to blend the colours in or soften the lines, ideal for art projects for children. If you want to use the smudge effect, don't leave it too long as it will dry out and not smudge as easily.

As the pens are quite versatile they can be used for DIY and art uses. I usually use a china-graph pencil for marking tiles, but there is never a clean edge to it. These markers have a fine chisel edge that can give a thin and accurate line on tiles, then when done cutting, just wipe it off. You don't just get a thin line, you can turn the angle to get a fat line too.

Plenty of uses in and around the home and garage and the colours are all bright and vibrant. Just take care with them as you would any other felt marker, whilst they wipe off hard surfaces they may stain absorbent surfaces and clothes etc. I am not sure if this will wash out and I am not going to try and find out!

As one reviewer has already mentioned, be careful putting the cap back on. Make sure the nib is lined up with the inner nib cover, if it isn't the cap wont close, you could damage the nib or in my case pull the nib out of the barrel. If it does come out you simply push it back in. When you close the cap make sure it click locks back in place.

Well worth having a pack of these around the home.
Comment Comment | Permalink

FSL Decimate Safety Earmuff / Ear Defender for Shooting, Drumming, DIY, Studying, Motor Racing, Construction - NRR 34 dB - 3 Year Warranty
Offered by iHeadphones UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and secure, 22 May 2015

I have always made a point of using ear defenders when using power tools, even if it just drilling 1 hole in a wall. Any amount of noise could lead to permanent hearing loss or the annoying tinnitus, something I am keen to avoid. The cups are an impact resistant plastic shell with a good layer of sound dampening foam inside. They reduce noise levels down to something that isn't going to damage your hearing. If the noise levels are particularly high you can supplement these ear defenders with foam in ear protectors, but it isn't really necessary.

These ear defenders fold into themselves to take up less space in a toolbox. The headband is padded for comfort as are the cups so they can be worn quite comfortably for several hours. They adjust for most head sizes by simply pulling down on the cups. This can easily be done when the head band is on top of your head. When finished everything springs back into place and you push the cups back into the headband. The cups are large enough to fit adult ear sizes with room inside so as not to be pressing against your earlobes. The spring in the headband holds the cups firmly in place to give a good seal against noise leaking, but without the feeling of them trying to crush your head.

When I am not using ear defenders I tend to have them around my neck and then pull them up with one hand. This is not so easy to do with the type that fold up into themselves, so you may need to use 2 hands. If you are looking to protect children's hearing I would recommend getting a specific child set for them such as these Ear Muffs For Children that fit my 2 year old, but adjust for older children too.

Look after your hearing and get your self a set

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20