Profile for SBno1 > Reviews

Content by SBno1
Top Reviewer Ranking: 105

SBno1
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Netflix
Netflix

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have if you have a Netflix account, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Netflix (App)
This is a bit of a must have if you have a Netflix account. I can access and watch pretty much everything on my tablet, that I can on my laptop. I am not rating the content of Netflix, but the app itself.

If you are not sure, you can get free access for a period of time and the app is free, so you don't have anything to lose really.

Facebook
Facebook

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy access to your account, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Facebook (App)
I don't use Facebook that often, but I do check it from time to time when I have a few spare minutes. It is easy enough to use and integrates well with my tablet. There are a few things I can't do on the app that I can on the desktop version such as editing a post (device dependant), but I am sure that will come with the development.

Tube Map
Tube Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and plan routes, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Tube Map (App)
Easy to use and plan routes. Handy to have a heads up on any delays too. A must have for those who don't use the tube that often and need to get around London

My O2
My O2

5.0 out of 5 stars Good way of maintaining your account, 28 Mar. 2015
This review is from: My O2 (App)
Excellent way to see at a glance what your balance is. You can also see how many minutes, texts and data you have remaining on your bundle. That is if you can get a signal to use up your minutes, texts or data !

Olay Regenerist Luminous Anti-Dark Circle Correcting Eye Treatment Moisturiser 15 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Not wholy convinced just yet, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a funky looking cream and not like anything I have seen before, spirals of cream suspended in a clear gel. Just the tiniest amount is all that is needed to cover the eyes and crows feet, which is just as well considering the £20 price tag.

Application is easy, tiny drops on each little finger and gently rub into the skin under the eye, eye lid and out to the sides. It is a slightly greasy, oily texture which is easily absorbed and as it does it leave the skin soft and smooth.

I am not sure about the claims that it can lighten the dark rings after 8 weeks - even the picture on the Amazon page showing the changes is marked as "dramatization of the results" as opposed to actual proof results. Dark rings around the eyes can be caused by a host of different things and some just can't be reversed by an eye cream. That being said, this cream does have a small amount of concealment factor, but if the rings under your eyes are particularly noticeable then you just may not see any discernable difference. Additionally, as the day wears on the cream will get washed, rubbed or worn away from other factors and it will not be as effective.

I certainly felt the moisturising effect of the cream, so I am happy with the claim of instant hydration, but not so much with the claim of instantly brightening and glowing skin. The current price tag of £20 is a hefty amount to pay out for something that is not guaranteed to work. If you are concerned about the dark rings under your eyes, I would suggest researching some of the causes. A lifestyle change may help more than a cream. I am not saying that the cream won't work for you, but don't pin your hopes on it either.

I will use this as directed and update this review in 8 weeks. If my dark rings have diminished I will be giving this 5 stars, if not I may just be tempted to go down to one star.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Smart Weigh SMS500 Digital Bathroom Scale, High Accuracy, Dual Color Weight Change Detection and Smart Step-On Auto Recognition for 8 Users, Silver
Offered by Five Star

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and good looking, 28 Mar. 2015
I received one of these direct from the company to try out. They have not asked for or suggested that I write a favourable review, they have only requested that I leave an honest review. As far as I am aware this is identical to the retail item.

Having been suitably impressed with quality and accuracy of kitchen scales from Smart Weigh, I was more than happy to give the bathroom scales a test drive and review. They are slightly more intuitive than your average bathroom scales, but by no means difficult to set up.

The scales themselves are sleek and look very nice. The Silver version I tested had a tempered glass top with a large easy to read display. The display was switched between imperial and metric by a simple button press on the underside. The scales take 4 AAA batteries (supplied) and are inserted in the base. When done, step on the scales to weigh yourself. As with all scales, weighing should be done with the scales on a flat hard surface. If you use them on a carpeted floor you will get unsteady and inaccurate readings.

In terms of accuracy; I take my weight regularly on medical grade scales and the SMART Weigh set gave me the same reading with a few ounces difference. Given that weight fluctuates throughout the day, I am happy to say that the scales are pretty much spot on.

The intuitive aspect of the scales is that it will recognise up to 8 people using the scales. Presumably this is done by noticing wide weight differences. Then when your weight creeps up or down slightly it will change the display to red to warn you of a weight rise or green light you for maintaining your weight. Any large discrepancy to the last time you weighed yourself will make the scales think your are a different person, but you are unlikely to be putting on a large amount of weight in just a few days.

The only time you may have an issue with the weight warnings is if you have 2 people in the house of very similar weights. I don't know what the weight difference has to be before the scales register you as a different person, so I can't say how this works out. In my house we are all different weights, so I didn't have a problem with it.

The scales do notice small fluctuations in weight, so if you weigh yourself nude one day and then clothed the next they will think you have put weight on and warn you, so try to weigh your self in your birthday suit or the same robe each time.

An excellent set of scales and I am more than happy to give them 5 stars

Philips GC8638/20 PerfectCare Aqua Steam Generator Iron with One Perfect Temperature - 280 g Steam Boost, 2.5 L, 2400 W, Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars More compact than other steam generators, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Generally I berate steam generator irons that do not have a removable tank and I am critical that this one doesn't. However, it is the design of the tank that gives this a smaller footprint on the ironing board than others I have tested out. It has a huge 2.5 Lt tank which means that you can go an estimated 3.5 hours of ironing without filling up. That may sound great, but with removable tanks it is rarely any effort to fill up mid way and I doubt many people stand at the board for that long. Where a removable tank really helps is when you want to empty the unused water out. Not so easy when you have to lug the whole thing to the sink.

A big plus point is that this has an easy-calc plug which means you can drain the boiler when t is cool and remove any scale build up at the same time. Much better than having to keep buying anti-calc cartridges like other models in this range.

The optimal heat setting takes some getting used to - no changing temperatures, no sorting ironing into toughs and delicates. The soleplate has a lower heat setting than conventional irons, but it has a higher steam output as it is steam and not heat alone that gets rid of creases. If you are ironing something heavy, then you can give it a steam boost to the tip to really cut through the worse creases.

It is a compact machine that works its way through the ironing pile without breaking its stride. Whilst I am tempted to take a star off for not having a removable tank, it wouldn't really be fair to the product as it does a good job of ironing.

Lexar 16 GB USB 3.0 S35 JumpDrive Memory Stick - Blue
Lexar 16 GB USB 3.0 S35 JumpDrive Memory Stick - Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast drive, not good build quality, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This review is for the S35 64GB jump drive. There are reviews for different drives on the same page so product build, specs and uses may not be relevant for the one you are looking at.

This is a compact little pen drive that pulls the USB plug end into the casing as you spin it into the housing, thus protecting the device. Transfer speeds on USB 3.0 are pretty good and faster than any USB3.0 pen drive I have at the moment. It will work in a USB 2.0 port, but obviously a lot slower.

It comes with some encryption software which I think is Windows only. It is a good level of encryption at 256AES. Be warned that you may have to turn the encryption off if taking this to a supermarket for photo printing. You can customise this to lock the drive if left pugged into a computer for x mins, so you know your data is safe if forgetting your drive. It will take Bit Locker if you want to remove the existing encryption software. I prefer Bit Locker on Windows, but only because it can be set to auto unlock when it plugs into my home machine.

The only thing that lets this pen drive down is the all plastic construction build quality. The casing is only attached on one side of the drive (photo attached) leaving it prone to snagging and snapping off. Whilst it hasn't fallen apart yet, it doesn't feel like it will last. I have a feeling the casing will separate in time.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sky News
Sky News

3.0 out of 5 stars Google Play store version better if you want written stories, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Sky News (App)
Works on Samsung Galaxy Tab S, but at time of writing, the app only provides video stories, not text - Although this may not be the case on other devices.

The Google Play store version of the Sky News App gives me a list of news stories in various tabbed lists. The news stories are well laid out, easy to read and concise. Unfortunately, at the time of writing, Amazons version was video stories only. I just want to quickly scan the written article, not sit through News reports. Give me video by all means, but also give me the text version too.

If you prefer video news, then this is a 5 star app for you. If you prefer text news, then this is a 1 star app for you

British Gas
British Gas

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean and Intuitive Interface, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: British Gas (App)
Well done to British Gas for this app. A very clean and intuitive interface. Once you log in you can see your current balance, energy usage, submit a meter reading (even switches your flash on if you need a light to see your meter), see your meter read history, even look at your Nectar card points history if you have a card registered with them. A simple way to monitor and maintain your account

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20