Profile for Sweep > Reviews

CAT Footwear Moor Sb, Men's Safety Shoes, Black, 9 UK
CAT Footwear Moor Sb, Men's Safety Shoes, Black, 9 UK
Offered by Tiger Safety

4.0 out of 5 stars Slippery when wet, 11 Jun. 2016
These cat boots are the comfiest work boots that I have had. Compared to the cheap ones that my company provides me with, these are in a different league. They fit my size 9 feet really well, seem well made and good quality. However, if the floor is wet, the grips are not very good. I slip all of the time in work and it is a bit of a pain to have to be wary of wet floors constantly. The grips really let these boots down. I was going to knock 2, maybe even 3 stars off of the rating because of the grips, but because they are so comfy and well made I have kept it at 4 stars. I would say 5 stars for comfort and 1 star for grip, as in the dry the grips are really good, but in the wet they're slippy and if there is oil around you're going to break your neck. I don't know why caterpillar made great safety shoes then stuck soles on the bottom that can't grip on wet floors. Caterpillar have Homer Simpson working for them and he's designing the grips. D'oh. Probably wouldn't buy these again as the shop floor I work on is always wet and these are not up to it. However, if the soles were sorted, they may be the best shoes out there. Shame.

Colgate Total Advanced Clean Toothpaste - 175 ml
Colgate Total Advanced Clean Toothpaste - 175 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars I've used this for years, 3 April 2016
I've used this toothpaste for years as I have found that it cleans better than any other that I have used. My teeth feel really clean after use and stains are kept away. My dentist is always happy with my oral health.
I do also use a mouthwash (listerine total care) and electric tooth brush (oral b 6000) which also play a part, but when I switch to a different toothpaste, usually a freshening one, I notice the stains coming back.
If I wanted to try and find something to improve, I would wish the taste to be more like the Colgate advanced whitening, as I find that the best tasting toothpaste I have tried, however, the taste of this toothpaste is fine. Also like the fact that the tube is huge at 175ml and will last ages

Dakine Factor Daypack 20 Litre - 20 l, Forden
Dakine Factor Daypack 20 Litre - 20 l, Forden
Offered by kronachersportshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Pockets are awkward, 29 Jun. 2013
I'm not really happy with this bag because it has some things that annoy me. The bottom of the bag seems narrow, so when you put something in the middle pocket, it presses into the front pocket, making it hard to get your hand into the front pocket and get stuff out of there. The back/largest pocket does the same thing to the middle pocket. Having a bag that is not easy to get stuff out of is a lot more annoying than it should be. I think the problem would have been solved by making it wider at the bottom, so everything is not going down into a kind of V shape. On the plus side, I think it is a really good looking bag, that seems to be made of really good quality material so would last a long time and take some stick.

6 Pairs Men's Work Socks Re-inforced heel & Toe 6-11
6 Pairs Men's Work Socks Re-inforced heel & Toe 6-11
Offered by School Wear United & Ayra® Mens Wear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for summer, 29 Jun. 2013
These socks are a bargain for the price and are actually really worth it. They're thinner than my previous work socks, but that helps in keeping my feet cool in my boots. They feel like good quality and should last a decent amount of time. Also, they're not so thin that they don't provide comfort when I'm on my feet all day, because they do. So, cool, comfy and good quality as far as socks go.

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits
Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits

2.0 out of 5 stars 4 STARS, but the CD was scratched to bits, 25 May 2013
The CD turned up with no protective plastic wrap, so it looked like it had been opened. When I opened the case I found that the outside/backside of the CD was scratched to bits and it looked like it had been done on purpose with a key or something. The CD still played well so I couldn't be bothered returning it, but I am not impressed at all. I guess someone at Amazon is not a Guns n Roses fan and decided to physically give a review of the music by desecrating the CD, the blasphemous heathens! Probably a Justin Bieber fan.
Now to the music. I would give this greatest hits CD 4* stars because the tracks on there are the ones I would have chosen myself, but I feel that there are a lot missing that should have been on there. Maybe a greatest hits CD should have had two discs. However, this is in my car and is played all of the time, because the tracks on there are their greatest hits. Great to have the best tracks from different albums on one CD. I guess that's the idea of a greatest hits, so job done.

Stylish Beaded & Hand Embroidered Satin Mobile Case Cover Pouch Accessories
Stylish Beaded & Hand Embroidered Satin Mobile Case Cover Pouch Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for sister, 25 May 2013
I bought this for my sister who seemed very pleased with it. It fits her phone, a samsung galaxy ace nicely. She said it was a very snug fit, which I think means it was a little tight, but it all went in with a squeeze. There is a nice soft lining inside of the case that looks after the screen, a zip at the top to stop it falling out and it is just a phone bag/holder that looks a little different/interesting. She had to push down on the phone in order to zip it up, so maybe it could have been a little bit bigger, but all in all it is a good holder that looks nice. I would buy her another one if she lost it and I think she would be happy with a second one.

Nylabone Dura Chew - Large, Original
Nylabone Dura Chew - Large, Original

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and strong, 1 Dec. 2012
This is a good bone because I think it's going to last forever. My dog has chewed this thing a million times and he hasn't made much of a dent, which is rare because toys don't usually last more than a day with him. Good buy. He's a staffy if you were wondering

Trixie Dog Activity Plastic Snack Ball, 7 cm Diameter
Trixie Dog Activity Plastic Snack Ball, 7 cm Diameter

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 10 minutes, not for larger dogs., 1 Dec. 2012
This toy is a great idea but it only lasted 10 minutes before the door thingy was broken off. Edit. However, after reading the other review, after I posted mine, I realised this ball might be for puppies and not an adult staffy. Based on my experience I will still only give it two stars, but if I'd have bought it for a puppy or a smaller dog, it probably would have gotten 5 stars.

Sentol Bottle Opener (Samurai)
Sentol Bottle Opener (Samurai)
Offered by J - Innovation

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit bigger than I expected, 26 Sept. 2011
This is a great little gadget that works really well. Once it takes the lid off, with one push of the thing, there is a magnet that catches the lid which makes the whole use quite slick. However, the bottle opener doesn't get it right 100% of the time. About 2 out of 10 times, it fails to take off the lid and you have to have a second pop at it, but that might just be me using it lazily. Also, it is a bit bigger than I was expecting, so it sits on the side rather than going into a draw. No big deal, just thought I should mention it. The size is 8.5cm X 5cm. Still a good bottle opener though, even if it is a little fatty!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bottle but poor lid, 9 April 2011
I would love to give this bottle 5 stars, as it is a great little bottle that is very strong, keeps water fresh tasting and looks good too. However, the hinge on the sports flipper lid is very fragile. Drop the bottle once and the lid will break. I am now onto my third lid! I dropped the bottle once and the lid broke straight away. The second time I dropped the bottle, the second lid broke in the same way (hinge). Now onto my third lid and I'm going to be more careful. The funny thing is, the bottle itself being steel, could probably take on a challenger tank and come away just fine. Also the lid itself, is a good design and works really well, it's just weak. A real shame. I would still buy another bottle if I lost this one though, as it is a good water bottle.

Page: 1 | 2