Profile for Owen Beynon > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sennheiser CX 275S  In-Ear Headphones for Smartphones - Black
Sennheiser CX 275S In-Ear Headphones for Smartphones - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - beware the price hike, 28 May 2017
I have bought a couple of pairs of these over the past 2 years and use them everyday, commuting to/from work, etc. The sound quality is pretty decent for mid/lower-price earbuds and the rubber does a good job of keeping the ambient noise out, especially handy on the train/tube. I'm pretty happy with them lasting 12 months or so, I don't expect earphones I use everyday to last any longer.

The one issue I have is the increase in price - last time I bought a pair of these was around May 2016 and they were £26.87, but now (May 2017) they are £42.61.
5-stars at £26.87
3.5-stars at £42.61.

Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3040s Rechargeable Cordless Wet and Dry Electric Shaver/Razor for Men with Pop-Up Trimmer - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, but disappointed., 28 May 2016
The product is okay and certainly better than my previous electric razor. It is fine if just used to shorten facial hair (2-3 days growth) before having a 'proper' wet shave. However, it leaves some of the coarser hairs behind, which is why I would never use this razor by itself, in lieu of a proper shave. I can use it as a 'top up' shave, but only if I have 1/2-3/4 day's worth of growth.

SKORCH Compact Canvas Messenger Bag and Commuter Bag for Men and Women, with Comfortable Shoulder Strap (Brown). Size: 14 x 11 x 4 Inches
Offered by Hampton Green Nature

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value For Money, 28 May 2016
Having now used the bag almost every day for the last month or so, mainly commuting to and from work, I am happy to confirm that this is a good, value for money item and I would definitely consider buying SKORCH items in the future.

Pure Gel Case for Pure Move 2500 - Black
Pure Gel Case for Pure Move 2500 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind, 28 Dec. 2013
Fits my new Pure Move 2500 perfectly. Provides great peace of mind for a clumsy oaf like me handling a £70-80 radio when I'm out and about. Well worth the £10 to prevent any damage in the event of dropping the radio. The case itself does not impede use of any of the controls and the display screen is still fully visible. The case itself is fairly thick rubber, so should offer a good deal of protection.

Best of the Beast
Best of the Beast
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start point, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Best of the Beast (Audio CD)
Only having heard a handful of Maiden tracks, the big well known ones, I was after a start point to get into them. This is the perfect start point, as much of the band's high points were "before my time" as someone in their early 30s, so have not bought the albums as they have been released as I'm sure many older fans who grew up with them have.

I take particular issue with the reviewer who gave this compilation one star because "Why buy a compilation when you can have the whole discography?", why would you shell out £100+ for all albums if you are unsure of whether you are going to like the band's output. I feel he is missing the point of a "best of" compilation somewhat, not everyone is a diehard fan!

I would have given this 5-stars, but I have a real bugbear with best ofs putting in live versions of tracks instead of the studio versions. Luckily, this is only the case for a couple of tracks.

N.B. This is a review of the 1CD version, for some reason reviews have been merged with the 2CD version.

Bath City Guide - English (Pitkin City Guides)
Bath City Guide - English (Pitkin City Guides)
by Annie Bullen

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Fan, 18 May 2013
I'm a big fan of the Pitkin City Guide series and have several for different places visited. It is ideal if you have a short break/weekend planned anywhere, Bath in this instance. The photos are excellent and give a good flavour of the place; there isn't much in the way of prose, but who reads the whole guidebook for a 2-3 night break anyway? I just want to know the important things and get a feel of what are the areas of interest to visit. For under a fiver, these are excellent value

Reinventing Hell - The Best of Pantera [CD + DVD]
Reinventing Hell - The Best of Pantera [CD + DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 18 May 2013
I bought this as I had lost my copy of 'Far Beyond Driven' and this represented an absolute bargain. It features a good spread of their (arguably) best tracks from 'Cowboys From Hell' onwards. I fully intend to go back and purchase 'Cowboys From Hell', 'Vulgar Display of Power' and repurchase 'Far Beyond Driven' on the strength of this selection.

Merrell Refuge Pro Ventilator Gore-Tex Trainer, Men's Lace-Up Trekking and Hiking Shoes - Castle Rock/Smoke J50969, 44.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Third pair purchased, 18 May 2013
This is my third pair of Merrell Refuge shoes I've bought. I purchased the previous two from the shop (Blacks), but as I was happy with the sizing I decided to buy my latest pair online. I have nothing but good things to say about these shoes. I use them primarily for regular long walks (approx 30-40 miles per week) and the previous two pairs have lasted around a year each. These shoes may be slightly pricey, but you are paying for quality and longevity.

Jeep Black Laptop Messenger Bag - Genuine Jeep computer shoulder messenger bag for men and women - Unisex fabric shoulder messenger bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 18 May 2013
I bought this bag around two years ago and used it almost daily since then for work. It's a nice size for either a laptop or papers/magazines. I have only just had to replace the bag and have bought a similar Jeep product as I was very happy with the value for money this product offered.

Osma Bloc - Alum Block 75g (Soothes Shaving Irritation)
Osma Bloc - Alum Block 75g (Soothes Shaving Irritation)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for irritation, 18 May 2013
Works wonders on my sensitive neck after shaving. The redness and rawness is eased after shaving and seems to improve after regular use. It does tend to dry my skin out a bit, so you will need to use a good moisturiser or after shave balm afterwards.

Page: 1 | 2