Profile for Jonny > Reviews

Content by Jonny

Jonny

Page: 1 | 2
Ritastar (TM) Genuine Leather Canvas Large Capacity Holdall Travel Duffle Weekend Satchel Tote Bag Handbags Official Briefcase for Men Boys,Army Green Big Size: 54 x 23 x 42CM

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, performed poorly, 9 May 2016
I ordered this bag as my main hand luggage on short weekend breaks abroad where space is at a premium on aeroplanes. When it arrived, I was not disappointed. It looks great and felt like a quality purchase. however on my first trip abroad the side zip got snagged on the inner lining several times. I thought I had got over the problem by oiling the zip up a bit, but unfortunately not. On my return back to the UK, the zip caught again, this time with my passport inside and I was unable to open the pocket. The only thing I could do was to ask for a pair of scissors from a friendly Spanish car rental saleswoman, and cut open the zip, thus ruining the bag. It's really disappointing as the bag looks great and has many good features.

Dakine Triangle Scraper Snowboard Wax Scraper - Green
Dakine Triangle Scraper Snowboard Wax Scraper - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars I can already tell it is made from very good quality materials, 19 Oct. 2015
Whilst I haven't actually used this product on my ski's yet, I can already tell it is made from very good quality materials, is a great fit in the hand, and doesn't feel like its going to bend or break very easily. Also, I received 5 copies of a skiing/Snowboarding magazine, several stickers and posters, all free with the scraper! great customer service, delivered on time and with great communication throughout. Would not hesitate to recommend this product.

Helix Lens Goggle
Helix Lens Goggle

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy, awesome lens., 8 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Helix Lens Goggle (Misc.)
Excellent lens. I bought a pair of Anon Helix a couple of years ago, I went to check on my equipment recently and noticed my Silver Amber lens had somehow gotten lost (either back in the Alps or eaten by the closet goblins). It took me 2 minutes to find this online, and it arrived about 2-3 days later. Fitting is tricky, but once you have done it a few times and don't worry about bending the lense then it takes less than 2 minutes to do, even on a ski lift.

Volcom Men's Freakin Snow Chino Technical Shell Pants - Beige, Medium
Volcom Men's Freakin Snow Chino Technical Shell Pants - Beige, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Oct. 2015
Fantastic pants. really good quality and extremely comfortable. I am a size 34 waist and went for a medium. definitely the right call. I prefer a more relaxed fit rather than baggy and these are perfect for that. Another brilliant product from Volcom

Charles Bentley Padded 185cm Ski Bag Carry Holdall For A Pair Of Skis - Lime Green
Offered by BuyDirect4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bag, unbelievable value., 30 Sept. 2015
Like most reviews, I was a little dubious over how good this product would be considering the cost of it. However, I have to admit that when this got delivered (on time!) I was blown away at how good it was. The padding is excellent, with really comfortable straps making carrying over long distances easy and no problem. the design of bag allows larger skis to be inserted, by opening a zip at one end. this is an excellent idea, and really demonstrates the level of detail the design has gone through.

Before I bought this bag, I was toying with the idea of buying a more expensive Dakine bag which was about £55-£65, however, after deciding that the skis will spend most of their time in storage, and then in the hold of the plane, I wasn't that fussed on overall looks, as no doubt they will get thrown about and dirtied during transit. I am so glad I bought this product, as the design is even better than the pictures give it credit for, and appears to be slightly water repellent in the choice of fabric (although this is yet to be tested!)

Overall I am delighted with this purchase, and once it has been though a couple of journeys in the bottom of planes, I will write a further review to see how it holds up.

Fire Steel 2.0 Army Model - Light my Fire
Fire Steel 2.0 Army Model - Light my Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product., 26 Feb. 2015
I bought this fire steel to replace my previous one, which was from Ray Mears. I thought the Ray Mears would be hard to beat, but this fire steel is incredible. Not only does it throw more sparks than the RM version, but the sparks appear to be concentrated in a smaller area, which allows for more reliable fire lighting.

Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is considering buying it for the first time.

NATURAL FATWOOD/MAYA WOOD TINDER FIRE LIGHTING STICKS ENCLOSED IN A 2OZ SILVER SURVIVAL TIN WITH RUBBER SEAL IDEAL FOR BUSHCRAFT SURVIVAL WEEKENDS SCOUTS
Offered by MD FlashLights Etc Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Dec. 2014
Excellet product. Arrived quickly and full of high quality fat wood which has that very distinctive smell!

Gelert Solid Fuel Tablets
Gelert Solid Fuel Tablets
Offered by camping-online ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stove, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Gelert Solid Fuel Tablets (Misc.)
Ordered this as I am off camping this spring. It arrived really quickly and with minimal fuss. The stove was slightly different to the one in the pic (mine was silver), but that is far from a criticism.

Karrimor Compass
Karrimor Compass
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- (100% POSITIVE RATED; 14,000+ FEEDBACKS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Karrimor Compass (Misc.)
Great product, accurate and easy to read! Would definitely recommend buying this product for anyone starting out in hiking/camping. It would be best to watch some YouTube videos on how to read a compass as well.

Groov-e Pro Wave 10Km Voice Activated Walkie Talkie Two Way Radio
Groov-e Pro Wave 10Km Voice Activated Walkie Talkie Two Way Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality, 11 Feb. 2014
Bought these for a ski trip, and they worked perfectly. the distance was as described, with only a couple of times the signal was lost.

Page: 1 | 2