Profile for C. Conn > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Portable Stereo Speaker - Black
JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Portable Stereo Speaker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and good battery life., 17 Oct. 2016
I have now had this speaker for a couple of months and I absolutely love it. I mainly use it to listen to podcasts and audiobooks and sometimes music via my phone. It is easy to carry around the house whilst I am doing my housework. The sound is amazing and it has a good battery life. The battery lasts me one to two hours a day over 6 days. The fact that it was waterproof was not a huge factor in my reasons for buying this speaker but I was listening to some music whilst cleaning out my rabbit last week and it started raining and I was happy that I didn't have to worry about my speaker getting damaged. The only slightly negative comment I would have is that the plastic cover of the charger can be a bit fiddly to open.

Inter Design Suction Mirror Fog Resistant with Razor holder
Inter Design Suction Mirror Fog Resistant with Razor holder

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Mar. 2016
Very happy with it although ours does fog up.

The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus
The Museum of Fractured Lives Omnibus

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved all of the stories in this book, 25 May 2015
This is a short book of short stories about people who have suffered heartbreak in their lives. All the stories are interlinked by the museum of fractured lives. The museum offers people a chance to leave an object that represents their heartbreak and to tell their story. I loved all of the stories in this book. I think that it will be a book that stays with me for a while.

The Biggest Lie
The Biggest Lie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad story but a bit too long., 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Biggest Lie (Kindle Edition)
I was kindly given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is the story of Lana. The book starts when she is 23 yrs old and spans around 40 years. The book mainly deals with an affair she embarks on with a married man she meets through work. I really could not connect with Lana at the start of the book. She makes herself out to be the victim and I felt that we were supposed to feel sorry for her. The character did grow on me later on in the book. The book is so much more than a book about an affair. As the book spans 40 years it deals with all the ups and downs of her life. The biggest problem that I had with the book was that there was far too much detail which could have very easily been cut out. This is a long book so any unnecessary detail which could have been cut outin my opinion should have. I did enjoy the story but it did not always hold my attention which was ashame.

Dawn French Bought My Lava Lamp + other short stories
Dawn French Bought My Lava Lamp + other short stories

4.0 out of 5 stars I have not had much luck with books of short stories in the past with only one or two of the stories being any good. I can hones, 22 Feb. 2015
I was kindly given a copy of this book for review. This is a collection of 7 short stories with fate being the common theme that ties them altogether. Each story is very different. From the story which is the title of the book where a couple who have fallen on hard times believe that Dawn French buying their lava lamp is the answer to all their problems to an office worker who gets into trouble at work because of an innocent meeting with a man in a bar.

I have not had much luck with books of short stories in the past with only one or two of the stories being any good. I can honestly say that I did enjoy every single story. Obviously some were better than others. I would highly recommend this book and will be looking out for more books by this author.

Temporarily Employed
Temporarily Employed

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked most of the characters in the book but I ..., 11 Feb. 2015
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This book was not what I was expecting. I thought that the book was going to be more of a mystery with a bit of romance thrown in. This is more of a romance with a little bit of mystery thrown in. I was more interested in the mystery aspect of the book rather than the romance. I liked most of the characters in the book but I could not believe how naive, trusting and at times stupid the main character could be to the point were it annoyed me. I liked the humour that carried on throughout the book. It made a nice change to read something that is lighthearted.

The Gift: A Christmas Miracle
The Gift: A Christmas Miracle

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't want to say anymore about the story because it is so short but I absolutely loved it. Every year at Christmastime I seek, 24 Nov. 2014
I was gifted a copy of this short novella in return for an honest review.

This Christmas is promising to be extra special for Julia as she is expecting her first child on Christmas Eve. However, a chance encounter turns her world upside down leaving her praying for a miracle.

I don't want to say anymore about the story because it is so short but I absolutely loved it. Every year at Christmastime I seek out some Christmas novels and short stories to give me that warm glow that for me means Christmas. Although I have read some good stories over the years, this is the first one that has made me feel Christmassy. I will be definitely be seeking out more books by this author

6 Sheets Cute Lovely Kids DIY Schedule Diary Calendar Filofax Decor Sticker New
6 Sheets Cute Lovely Kids DIY Schedule Diary Calendar Filofax Decor Sticker New
Offered by highqualityforyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Stickers, 23 Nov. 2014
I love these stickers. They are really
cute and good quality.

The Killing of Mummy's Boy
The Killing of Mummy's Boy

4.0 out of 5 stars Page turner not to be overlooked., 20 Nov. 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is the story of Sandra whose only son Carl is on a witness protection programme after he witnessed a murder and testified in court. She has not seen her son for three years. Sandra lives in constant fear that she will be found and lives in a remote village on the Isle Of Wight. Whilst on the 4.20 train from Waterloo to Portsmouth she encounters Ben. Ben almost immediately tells her that he slit a man's throat. Sandra is both scared and attracted to Ben at the same time. When Sandra arrives home she finds an Oyster card lying on her mat which had been hand delivered. She then remembers that she gave out her name and address when she reported hers lost on the train. Then the stalking begins ......

I really enjoyed this book. It was almost a five star for me but not quite. There were things that the main character did that frustrated me and other things that I thought were just stupid. At other times I just wanted to shake her. The stalking aspect of the book was very realistic and I felt her fear. This book was definitely a page turner and I was always very disappointed when I had to put this book down. For me, what sometimes makes or breaks a book is the ending. I thought that the ending to this book was fantastic. It is worth mentioning that at first glance of the cover I thought that this was going to be an erotic novel and very nearly overlooked it. I am so glad that I didn't because this was a great read.

The Ghost Hunters' Club
The Ghost Hunters' Club

3.0 out of 5 stars I would firstly like to say that this was not the story that ..., 18 Nov. 2014
I would firstly like to say that this was not the story that I was expecting and I may have enjoyed it more had I realised that this was mostly Chicklit. I must also point out that there were a few grammatical errors which did irritate me and spoilt my enjoyment of the story. What I had expected was a humorous supernatural story with a side story of the women's personal lives thrown in. What I got was a book which was most definitely Chicklit with a bit of humour thrown in. The ghost hunting aspect of the book was there, but it was just something the women enjoyed doing together.

The real focus of this book the individual love lives of the three main characters. I really did like the main characters and their genuine friendship and respect for each other. I found Anna and her story the most interesting of the three. For me there was too many minor characters in this book. I found myself having to stop and try to remember who they all were. I thought that the ending wrapped the three individual stories off nicely and we are not left wondering what happened to them. There is another two books that follow on from this one if you enjoy this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5