Profile for JW > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
He Said/She Said: the gripping Sunday Times bestseller with a shocking twist
He Said/She Said: the gripping Sunday Times bestseller with a shocking twist

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 9 July 2017
I got into this book early on. The few characters were easy to remember and get to know, or so you think. The twist at the end was unexpected and very well thought through. I certainly didn't expect it. I would recommend this book to my book club and anyone who likes a fast, easy read.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1 (Don Tillman Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 4 April 2017
This was a book club choice and I am so glad it was. Funny, romantic yet sad in its own way, Simsion takes us on a journey through the eyes of a unique individual. Seeing life in this way makes a simple story all the more entertaining. The main characters were well thought through, thoroughly believable and well crafted. This is the most entertaining book I've read in ages, and although I found remembering the varied characters in the father project, that did not detract from the great story.

May We Be Forgiven
May We Be Forgiven

2.0 out of 5 stars Strange but enthralling, 12 Mar. 2017
I read this book for book club, pushing me out of my comfort zone. I did not enjoy it, or understand where it was going for 80% of the book, but I was determined to finish it and I am glad I did. It was a random collection of weird events that somehow ends up making a story that was compelling and pulled together at the very end. Not sue I would read anything else by Homes, but never say never.

Not Quite Nice
Not Quite Nice

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Easy Read, 23 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Not Quite Nice (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Great to read by the pool, although I read it under a blanket in January in Hertfordshire. Made me giggle and I could picture all the characters although not identify. Would read something else by Celia, I could imagine her writing, in fact I could hear her!

Bracoo Ankle Support, Open-Heel Stabiliser, Adjustable Brace, Neoprene Sleeve - Arthritic Pain Relief, Sports Injury Rehabilitation & Protection against Reinjury - Small/Medium
Offered by Comfytopia

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok but......., 25 May 2016
I've worn this whilst running and it isn't very comfortable although it has given me confidence that my ankle is held firmly. I've probably worn it 10 times and the hole for the heel is now overstretched; this has a knock on effect to its shape and size. I assume that the running has caused the early degradation of the product, it did its job to start with.

Trysmoon Book 1: Ascension (The Trysmoon Saga)
Trysmoon Book 1: Ascension (The Trysmoon Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars The whole series, 21 Dec. 2014
Normally I would rate this book four stars but after reading the whole series I have come back to rate it 5 retroactively because this series is good. Really good. You get to know Gen (and I don't know how to province that name, Jen? ) and feel his struggle to be the best most vulnerable man he can. Now on to this specific book. The world is built well, the characters fleshed out and the Shadan insane. It does progress a little too fast to be realistic after Gen arrives at Mikmir but at least it does so logically.

Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers Book 1)
Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 Nov. 2014
Good read however there were some spelling errors and it ended very suddenly. I think that it deserved a 4 out of five as it has a very good idea for the story.

Skin Game (The Dresden Files, Book 15)
Skin Game (The Dresden Files, Book 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again great book by Jim, 16 Jun. 2014
I found this book very thrilling and dramatic, not knowing what the next step in Dresden plan would be. I would recommend this book to 16-and above as there is some sexual content and violence but it make the boom all the better :)

Red Asphalt (The Raptor Apocalypse Book 2)
Red Asphalt (The Raptor Apocalypse Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 16 April 2014
I really liked this book and it appealed to me greatly. I like it because it showed a world that know one is prepared for and is interesting to see how Mr Yeager has portrayed the story of Jesse and his "family"

I would recommend this book to a older audience as it is quite a dark book and is very violent but thrilling at the same time

Zero's Return (The Legend of ZERO, Book 3)
Zero's Return (The Legend of ZERO, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuation, 3 Mar. 2014
If you liked the previous books you will like this, if you didn't like the previous books why are you looking at a sequel? The first book is forging zero by the way.
This has got less of the action than the previous books but I wouldn't mark it down for that. It honestly I found that I enjoyed the segments with Slade more than the ones with zero.
Anyway if you read the previous books it is more than likely that you'll read this one as well. If you haven't go read the them they are good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3